Enterprise Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Atlanta, GA Area

Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, people from every level are willing to help you out (in 408 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 618 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1511 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 531 reviews)

1. "$1000 a month for all of your time"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is consistent. Management is lax, and job isnt hard.

Cons

So are the hours, a smooth 7-7 for 5 days a week.
    A kiosk is doing your job better than you.

Advice to Management

Make job responsibilities known, Car preps clean cars, not drive customers home, and management needs higher turnover for so much of your time given.

"Build your resume and move on"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun exciting atmosphere to work in. You meet alot of great customers as you move from branch to branch. Great pay if you get a good pay plan as a manager. Excellent 401K and Profit sharing. It looks good on your resume.

Cons

Extremely long hours! I use to work upwards 60 hours a week. Worked at a Satellite Branch that had 65 cars, no help at all. Still had to finish everything at the end of the day. Days got longer and longer. Short staffed, but you are still expected to produce excellent customer service until help is hired. Area Manager was a ghost, never saw him at all. Most of all, try explaining to a customer who made a reservation for a large SUV a month in advance, why you don't have one for them. The basic form of business is to have the goods needed to run the business correct? We were always out of cars as a REGION. ZERO work life balance.

Advice to Management

Treat your employee's more like a live person and not an employee number. Once all of the upper managers I could reach out to got fired, I was on an Island with no one to talk to for advice. Over a DECADE of 60 hour work weeks, working callbacks, moving to any branch requested to turn it around, dealing with the main issue of over booking cars and having to lie to customers...I felt relieved after being terminated for having a combined ESQI of 78. Take care of your employee's and they will take care of the customers. The ENTERPRISE I was hired for has changed to something I don't recognize.

"Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet great people
    There opportunity for connections is great
    You get to run your own business
    Great for anyone out of college to gain experience

Cons

If a car is stolen it comes out of your commission check
    NO work life balance AT ALL

4. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multiple opportunities to make additional money on top of salary. Great opportunities to be promoted up within the company

Cons

Overly focused on sales. If you can't sell then you will not succeed.

Advice to Management

They should skew the numbers in a different way on the sales matrix to not make it so difficult on those who excel in every other aspect of the job.

5. "Great resume builder"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get what out what you put in

Cons

The hours are ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Learn to schedule your employees so that they are not work 60 hours a week

6. "humbling beginnings"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great job out of college,a lot of people stay and grow with the company and do great! others use Enterprise as an awesome stepping stone (great place to get your feet wet) and move on to enhance there skill set into insurance,accounting,finance,sales etc Enterprise literally teaches you so much

Cons

none really ,they tell you at the interview what your signing up for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing -please change the dress code to polo shirts and khakis no one wants to be picked up by someone in a wet sweaty stained suit from washing cars.

7. "Managing Assisstant"

Former Employee - Managing Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Managing Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun fast placed to work with good sense of team and efforts to develop you professionally. if you get on upper managements good side promotions are handed out. largely the interview process is a formality.

Cons

Experiences GREATLY differ due to management. Poor management lead to me being fired when I should have received a memo and new training. Did not feel the company was on my side or even had faith in me. As on of the top performers I was hung out to dry and excoriated for an honest mistake. Company did not follow policy and terminated me before the write up stage. if you are on upper managements good side the road is paved gold for you uless something changes.

Advice to Management

take the time to actually listen to your employees and due your due diligence before terminating people. I was let go unfairly.

8. "Manager Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has a great management training program with the opportunity to move up if you are able to move around.

Cons

Not the best place to start working if you are married with children. The best way to advance is to be able to move from store to store.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about promotions.

9. "Manager Assisstant"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great job out of college, nice stepping stone to gear you up and get you ready for any career path you would like. (insurance,sales,administrative, etc) very grateful for this job. I had alot of fun and learned so much . listen if you can work for Enterprise ..... you can handle and work anywhere!

lots of opportunity, different career paths, the income is there if you work for it. your branch manager is truelly there for you.

Cons

they try to brainwash you, like they are the only company that is the best and you wont be happy anywhere else. Keep your eyes open. I have seen a lot friends that are still at Enterprise and doing great ! and some have dwindled and found other careers. I honestly have nothing bad to say .. i just remember going to training and one of the area supervisors i felt like he was trying to convince us to stay . he was telling us stories about friends who were miserable at other jobs. no one fell for it but i was just shocked that he would stoop that low. like not everyone is meant to work 65 hours a week,wknds,and wash cars. at the same time the turnover rate is pretty high so i can see why he told he had that talk with us. I still recommend working here

Advice to Management

Keep rocking you guys are doing great......it would be nice in the future if you guys put commission in these manager assistant and manager trainee pockets. they are selling so much damage waiver for you guys. you should give them more incentive besides a high adr and a day off to go have fun as a top seller in the region.

10. "Glad I quit"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely learn how to run your own business and will network with a lot of people!

Cons

Having to wash cars in a suit, working downtown (busiest and hardest area to work in) where there is a lack of diversity (all black employees), but our managers are white. LONG DAYS! Pay is not enough for ALL that we deal with during a 10 hour day and 49 hour work week. Being short-staffed (which is how it is in almost every store...check the retention rate) is annoying. Overall, being at this job was draining, but a good building block for other jobs!

Showing 42 of 8,952 reviews