Enterprise Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Enterprise Atlanta Reviews

Updated June 10, 2017

Atlanta, GA Area

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 382 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 564 reviews)

1. "humbling beginnings"

Former Employee - Manager Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great job out of college,a lot of people stay and grow with the company and do great! others use Enterprise as an awesome stepping stone (great place to get your feet wet) and move on to enhance there skill set into insurance,accounting,finance,sales etc Enterprise literally teaches you so much

Cons

none really ,they tell you at the interview what your signing up for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing -please change the dress code to polo shirts and khakis no one wants to be picked up by someone in a wet sweaty stained suit from washing cars.

2. "Resume builder......"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Give you an opportunity out of college
    Really teaches you how to sell
    be with co-workers so much you become family

Cons

Most weeks hit 60+ hours
    Trainees make ALL the money for the company and get over worked and under paid
    A lot of politics
    Everything comes down to the bottom dollar, even if it compromises your health or companies integrity

Advice to Management

Turn over rate is going to remain high if y'all do not figure out work life balance

3. "Managing Assisstant"

Former Employee - Managing Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Managing Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun fast placed to work with good sense of team and efforts to develop you professionally. if you get on upper managements good side promotions are handed out. largely the interview process is a formality.

Cons

Experiences GREATLY differ due to management. Poor management lead to me being fired when I should have received a memo and new training. Did not feel the company was on my side or even had faith in me. As on of the top performers I was hung out to dry and excoriated for an honest mistake. Company did not follow policy and terminated me before the write up stage. if you are on upper managements good side the road is paved gold for you uless something changes.

Advice to Management

take the time to actually listen to your employees and due your due diligence before terminating people. I was let go unfairly.

4. "All depends on the integrity of your branch manager"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting all types of people, networking with customers, company outings (if your preform well)
    Rewards, and the experience you gain from working at a place where every day yields different challenges.

Cons

- Your integrity will constantly be challenged.
    - People who actually went to school for this type of work vs people who manipulate numbers to move up.
    - working about 55 hours a week
    - corporate expectations vs branch managers ways.
    - hard to move up if your branch managers dont couch for you. (Easiest way to upset them is to actually do the right thing and NEVER lie to customers)

Advice to Management

- Pay more attention to the employees that actually value helping people.
    - Crack down on managers teaching and coaching their teams to "finesse, mislead, and manipulate customers into buying a completely optional product"
    - Coach branch managers on what it actually means to "protect your brand"

"Don't walk, RUN!!! Do Not SETTLE FOR THIS JOB!!!!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will become very acclimated to working in an environment that is so high stress you can hardly see straight - I worked in an extremely affluent area and had multiple customers tell me they thought I had the hardest job of anyone they knew. Honestly this company has a lot of good training to offer. It's just too bad you aren't able to appreciate it until you have run for the hills. Other than that not much to add here.

Cons

This company quite literally preys upon its employees. It will destroy your life entirely if not careful. Upper management is downright deceitful. IMHO if you can look someone square in the face and lie between your teeth, with no problems so long as it puts a dollar in your pocket then you may have found your calling.

Now all this is given you can put up with no less than 1,000,000 customers per week telling you what a low life you are for not having a 2017 3 Series BMW ready to rock-n-roll, full of gas, and with no mileage. . . . I mean after all they have a 2001 Altima in the shop. And your the Enterprise guy, you should know if anyone does that it's only right, I mean after all they were hit at break neck speeds in the strip club parking lot last night!!!!! And you my friend will get the distinguished honor of looking them dead in their pathetic opiate glazed eyes while seeming genuinely concerned for their "headache"(Pathetic excuse for a lawsuit). And just watch out if you suggest they pay the .65 cents worth of taxes on their $30 dollar a day USAA policy that they did 2 years in ROTC in college to earn. You know what just talk to their lawyer they shouldn't have to deal with this that stripper hit them.

You: "Ok sir may I have that attorney's contact information?"
    Customer: "Yes son, its 1-800-411PAIN."

Honestly, my biggest gripe is in the deception of your compensation. If you really break the math down they pay you barely more than you could make flipping burgers per hour. It's just a sad pathetic escapade. Do yourself a great favor. If your smart enough to be reading this. . . . . DONT WALK, RUN!!!!!

Advice to Management

QUIT. Just quit. Get a real - BIG BOY - job. I mean seriously, you run around town drinking beers 5-6 nights a week with a bunch of KIDS just out of undergrad flexing your pathetic little 80k/year area manager pay stub. You can continue hiding your alcoholism behind the veil of sales goals and customer satisfaction dinners but we both know you wouldn't last 2 seconds in corporate America. Get a life. This place breeds losers. Don't be fooled.

6. "Management Trainee Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise as an intern

Pros

-Team-Oriented
    -High focus on sales which is vital to any business
    -Competitive (A pro if you're competitive in nature)
    -Ensure that interns learn the company and software
    -Fun, family environment
    -Provides vast network of current and past employees
    -Can easily transition to a full-time job after the internship

Cons

-Long hours (welcome to adulthood lol)
    -Dont be surprised if you have to wash some cars...in fact, expect it

Advice to Management

This is a great internship. I will be the first to say it is not for everyone, but those who come in with an open mind and willingness to learn will receive countless lessons and takeaways

7. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Opportunity out of college

Cons

Only stay for the experience. It's a trap!

8. "Administrative Representative"

Current Employee - Administrative Representative in Douglasville, GA
    Current Employee - Administrative Representative in Douglasville, GA

Pros

Most notably very Flexible work environment

Cons

Very little room for growth within the department

9. "Manager Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has a great management training program with the opportunity to move up if you are able to move around.

Cons

Not the best place to start working if you are married with children. The best way to advance is to be able to move from store to store.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about promotions.

10. "Work from home"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Decent pay rate
    No commute
    Very detailed and hands on training

Cons

Eastern Standard time hours really suck

Showing 139 of 7,931 reviews