Enterprise Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated December 13, 2017

Atlanta, GA Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • This can result in poor work-life balance due to working late trying to ensure every customer gets a vehicle (in 1534 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 541 reviews)

"Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet great people
    There opportunity for connections is great
    You get to run your own business
    Great for anyone out of college to gain experience

Cons

If a car is stolen it comes out of your commission check
    NO work life balance AT ALL

2. "Management Trainee. Great if you have no other options or if you L.O.V.E sales (not like, LOVE)."

Former Employee - Manager in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm going to keep this very high level for you.
    -Hired me straight out of college.
    -Great if you L-O-V-E sales.
    -People I worked with were great! Still very good friends with some.
    -You get to drive around a bunch.
    -You get fed a lot.
    -Overall, it is a lot of hard work but you CAN BENEFIT from it.

Cons

-This is really just a picky retail job. (Picky in the sense that they only hire you if you have a college degree)
    -Customers belittle you (not EHI's fault but still not cool)
    -You are moved up based solely on sales.
    -You will be exhausted and overworked. 49+ hours doesn't seem like much until you are dealing with angry customers or a short staffed branch.

Advice to Management

The systems used are super outdated. Invest in new computer systems, it takes money to make money.

3. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multiple opportunities to make additional money on top of salary. Great opportunities to be promoted up within the company

Cons

Overly focused on sales. If you can't sell then you will not succeed.

Advice to Management

They should skew the numbers in a different way on the sales matrix to not make it so difficult on those who excel in every other aspect of the job.

4. "Very good job for college student or a retired person"

Current Employee - Service Agent in Riverdale, GA
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Riverdale, GA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The branch feels like family and the work is very simple and easy to catch on and learn the job. I feel like I can talk to any of my coworkers about anything.

Cons

Most of the service agent positions are only part time. It's very rare to find this position with full time hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Too-Demanding"

Former Employee - Customer Assistance Representative Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Assistance Representative Senior in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits Package and Perks. The company offers opportunities as far as moving up in the company.

Cons

The job is too demanding. It requires you working many plus hours, but the pay doesn't match the job duties at all. You have to deal with a lot of BS and it isn't worth the stressful conditions. They don't offer unpaid days to where if you call out, they're going to take one of your paid days to cover that day.

Advice to Management

Just do your to job. There are some horrible and lazy managers who should not be taking on those roles at all.

"Good as long as you're not at the airport"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good pay right out of college.
    -Very nice and cool colleagues
    -Opportunity to learn sales and defeat no's.
    -Easy success if you're at the right branch.

Would I stay at Enterprise my entire life? No. But that's just me, I'm a person with life goals and business ventures that Enterprise kept me back from achieving. I would even mention going back to school to get my Masters degree, and every manager or upper level executive I told that to would frown upon it and try to convince me that I did not need a degree higher than a Bachelor's.

However, I do realize that some people ride the wave with life and if you're a person that rides the wave then this may be a good jackpot for you. As with YEARS of hard work, and I mean YEARS! It'll pay off somehow and you'll probably be a branch manager or if you play your cards right, or an area manager. GOOD branch managers make about $60,000-$70,000.

Cons

-Catty & Petty nature
    -No Commission!!!!
    -Long hours (10+ hour days at home city and 12+ at the airport)
    -Treated like slaves, at times I hit 70 hours a week.
    -No care for employees, you'd work through snow storms, hurricanes, etc.
    -Hourly pay so you may not even hit the estimated $40,000 they claim your salary to be.
    -Growth & Promotion, in order to get promoted you must past two set of a tests (not a problem for me) BUT on top of that it's politics, if you're not buddy buddy or more (wink, wink) with someone then kiss your fast promotion goodbye. I knew someone who tried for two years to be promoted to an Assistant Manager.
    -Not a lot of opportunity, if you look at the amount of spots available for promotion vs. the amount of MT's you'll see how hard you must play the politics game.

Like I said in the title, this job is very doable, a headache but doable as long as you're at home city. Once you get sent to ATL airport, the people become 1000% petty and act like slave masters. You're on your feet for the entire 12+ hour shift and are outside despite the whether 9 out of those 12 hours (no exaggeration). All you do is walk customers back and forth to cars. At the airport there is no backend work or management training involved, which defeats the management trainee title but oh well.

If you are good at sales, go to a company that pays base and commission, you'll make a lot more! At Enterprise, there are out of the world sales goals that bring the branch and company millions of dollars and you personally never get your chunk of the cake!

Advice to Management

Start offering commission so that top sales people feel as if they are reaping what they sew because not everyone is lucky to get promoted. Even then it's a living hell.

7. "Great resume builder"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get what out what you put in

Cons

The hours are ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Learn to schedule your employees so that they are not work 60 hours a week

"Fulltime"

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounted Rentals, Abel to network with customers which may lead to better opportunity

Cons

extremely long hours, micro managed, feel like a number and not a valued employee, politics, having to wash cars in a suit

Advice to Management

Promote people that have strong leadership skills and not people who can sell products well but are very socially awkward or immature.

"Service Agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

$10 an hour pay is good for students. Great work environment. Very positive.

Cons

The business can sometimes be extremely busy

Advice to Management

Schedule the proper amount of people for a certain shift. When one person calls out its like the Apocalypse

"If they give you an opprotunity TAKE IT!"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Morrow, GA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Morrow, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Enterprise is the most difficult, but rewarding work experience I've ever had. I absolutely loved working for this company and they took care of us well in my region. It is very long hours, but you will become family with the people in your branch/area. There is always always always opportunity for advancement and to increase your salary. Only the strong survive here and if you leave the company employers really look at your enterprise experience very positively. When going on new interviews you will have endless things to talk about because you will learn so much about yourself, how you work, how you manage, and how you lead a team.

There are several things that need to change here, the most important being work life balance. I left enterprise because as my life started to change - the demands of the job became harder on my family and as a mother I wanted to be a integral part of my kids life. You can always go to other areas of the business but you will not make as much money as you do in daily rental. The starting pay could be better. MT/MA should get a commission on their sales. They are the bread and butter of this business and should be rewarded more for their dedication and hard work.

I wish I could have had more support as a woman and a working mother. As I looked at the women in upper management none of them "looked" like me. They didn't have families and that was concerning to me. It gave me the impression that it wasn't possible. I would love to return to enterprise as a consultant one day to help them transform their human capital in an effort to increase retention and productivity among is sales staff.

Enterprise will always be a huge part of my life and my success story. I thank God I had an opportunity to experience it. If you get the opportunity to work for this company TAKE IT. It won't be easy at all...but it will be worth it in the end.

Showing 150 of 9,135 reviews