Enterprise Branch Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

"You get what you give"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits, ability to run your own business, ability to make a ton of money, good training, ethical, honest, strong wholesome values, profit sharing, 3% 401k match, profit sharing, ability to move up quickly. The harder you work, the faster you move up. I love working here and I have no plans of leaving anytime soon.

Cons

Because branches are open based on demand, usually 730-6 m-f and at most branches weekends, employees work long long days. Minimum of 49 hours a week-which is usually fine unless/until you have a new family.

There is no paid paternity leave but time off is granted.

As a new employee you are sold the Enterprise dream. If you are lucky enough to be placed at a branch with a good, well developed, and engaging leader, you will succeed and live that dream. If you are placed with a newer (not always true) or less than ideal leader, you'll quickly feel overworked and under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Exit interviews are filled with complaints about hours. Stop trying to put this on managers and their lack of development and engagement. Great things happen when we listen to our customers and each other. Listen to your exiting employees and come up with a solution for less than 49 hr work weeks. I'm sick of hearing "50 hr work weeks are the new 40 hr work weeks." No they're not. You ask us to sell how easy 49 hours feel but you know it's hard and we both know Enterprise makes enough money to pay the same without all the overtime. I'm tired, you're tired, our employees are tired, fix it.

2. "Changed me for the better"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vertical opportunity, Great people, Worldwide, Tons of ways to increase your pay

Cons

Long hours, Lots of weekends

Advice to Management

Consistency in employee development meetings and standards

3. "Good place to start a career"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent management training program, merit based promotion from within, great earning potential

Cons

work life balance is less than satisfactory, commissions can be negatively affected by factors outside of our control, politics play a huge role in promotions

"Lost a valuable manager due to group 41"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dania Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dania Beach, FL

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can only speak for group 41
     there's only a few Pros number one is the benefits then you have the vacation time and choice time and that is promotion within if you're able to get there read the following on the first hand experience and how they operate but be ready to work 59 hours a week and not have a work home life balance there's a reason they target people right out of college.

Cons

Group 41 lost a valuable manager here.

I mean more for the company in two months then the company paid me in 5 years. Now I have another company who pays me twice as much.

Where to start??? Let's start with 59 hour work weeks and when they told you the salary it included the overtime hourly pay because you start off hourly but they don't tell you. now let's go to you have to wear dress clothes to work but you'll be cleaning the nastiest cars in them no matter if you're male female tie dress you have to clean cars. Too much politics, favoritism, and unethical practices I will explain. If you think you're going to make it to management think again only about 10% make it. They hired directly out of college cuz you can get good work experience but they know you're looking for a job to advance to management you need to do the following;
    Customer service score above corporate average which is 83-84 this depends on the whole team at your branch.
    You have to be in the top 33% in sales in your region first three at a five months in a row plus you have to enter 50 corporate leads that qualify just too start taking the test to get to management assistant not assistant manager. Once you pass the skills test and then you have the grill, this is a test that is verbally done by2 or more members of upper level management and accounting on your knowledge of the company you need to pass with at least an 80% if you fast you get a 50 cent raise in the title as management assistant. to make assistant manager and branch manager it's like you have to look for a whole new job again you have to start the interview process over, you actually have to apply for the position on a company server and then hope you get a phone call to set up an interview and then you have to go to the interview and Hope that there isn't somebody favored or Politically Incorrect or correct to get the position even if your actions speak louder than words, I will have an example for everyone. These interviews are typically done by higher-ups and and done by a panel so three people interview. If you Ace the interview and get the assistant manager or branch manager position you now go on salary and make a percentage of net profit for the branch. Believe it or not some or more manager assistant who aren't making hourly make more than branch managers because they make overtime and not responsible for the cars as a branch manager or assistant when a car is wrecked and the person doesn't have insurance or you do not collect on the bills and 90 days it comes out of your branch which comes out of your pocket.

My experience from 5 years of working with Enterprise
     I started on the fast track I took the test in the skills I have sales experience and I was a management assistant within eight months then I was moved around from Branch to branch to ring up the customer service scores because I and my team always had meetings on how to do this and we're successful.
    Then I was moved to the Dania branch where they had a negative operating profit and a customer service score of 77 after about two months they fired the branch manager and I became acting branch manager. In less than two months I was able to take the customer service score and bring it up to the highest it's ever been to a 95 and the operating profit for the branch when I was wondering running it was the highest it ever was at anywhere from $123 for a car all the way up to $253 per car I had the number one branch in the region with my team. At this time I was applying for branch manager positions and was passed up 3 times by people 20 times less qualified to manage an office and came and gone since before I left.
    They always have a favorite going into the interviews so if you're not the favorite what you'll know you won't get the position

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism stop the politics and you do have an Ethics Committee that never looks into anything except the obvious like sexual harassment. You need to make sure the applicants applying for the management position are the right ones and their actions are making them the managers not the words or the favoritism because they didn't go to a happy hour or Regional function because they have kids or a home life.

6. "Assistant Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Absolute lack of work life balance.

Advice to Management

Hire more competent upper management.

7. "The Machine!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet some of the best people as co-workers. Most are very open minded young individuals. There can be good direction given from upper management. Consistent and ongoing training.

Cons

Like many corporate jobs, upper management has their favorites. It's very difficult going up against these people for promotions. Also, it is a customer service job and everyone works as a team. If one person on the team isn't pulling their weight to meet customer service goals, it can impact your commissions.

8. "Great place to start off at"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Pgh Int ArPort, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Pgh Int ArPort, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to be in charge of your career and how far and quick you want to move up with a company, Enterprise is the choice for you. They give you the tools to be your own boss, and the chance to fast track your career to multiple promotions within a timely manor.

Cons

the job does require some long shifts, but it does pay off in the long run

9. "A great first job and stepping stone"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money, company car, looks good on resume, fun with coworkers, good benefits. Lots of room for growth and good training.

Cons

Long hours, a lot of pressure to perform, no support from upper management, customer issues. Upper management does not support their employees. High turnover rate.

10. "It's a great stepping stone into your next job."

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of employers respect seeing enterprise on your resume. You will get offered jobs just for working here. If you try hard and ask questions you can move up very quickly.

Cons

Absolutely zero emphasis on work life balance. You are constantly either at work or talking about work.
    Upper management only cares about the bottom line. They will disregard the needs of a branch as long as it doesn't hurt profits.

Advice to Management

Start treating employees like humans with feelings and lives outside of work.

11. "Become Part of our Family"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Feasterville Trevose, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Feasterville Trevose, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am approaching my 3 year anniversary with Enterprise Holdings and my fourth promotion. One of the biggest pros working for Enterprise is the internal promotion structure, because it allows employees to move up quickly through the nationally ranked management trainee program and into upper management positions. The values that the company was founded on are still a part of our culture today, and every employee prides themselves in being part of this family-owned business. Another great aspect about working for Enterprise is the focus on mentorship.

Cons

I love my job and my company so it's hard to come up with something negative. I wish we could get that company car sooner, however 2-3 years isn't that long of a wait.

Advice to Management

It is beneficial to really connect with your employees and create a culture revolving around teamwork.