Enterprise Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

3.1
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 385 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 574 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be difficult to some individuals (in 1356 reviews)

• No work/life balance whatsoever (in 490 reviews)

1. "The Machine!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet some of the best people as co-workers. Most are very open minded young individuals. There can be good direction given from upper management. Consistent and ongoing training.

Cons

Like many corporate jobs, upper management has their favorites. It's very difficult going up against these people for promotions. Also, it is a customer service job and everyone works as a team. If one person on the team isn't pulling their weight to meet customer service goals, it can impact your commissions.

"Decent internship"

Former Employee - Management Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Management Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, opportunity to practice sales, network with customers, understand operations of the business, decent opportunity to build your resume

Cons

long hours, no work/life balance, working 49-55 hours on the average, no appreciation from management, regional is very stingy as well,

Advice to Management

Increase employee retention, better hours, get a new operating system. Ecars and Ralph suck. Odyssey is ok.

3. "Great Company"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits and a clear path for upward mobility.

Cons

There is a specific culture that may not be suited for everyone.

"Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was able (barely) to pay rent, free area happy hours occasionally, bonding with coworkers because everyone is constantly miserable, decent chance you'll hookup with a coworker

Cons

Lost faith in humanity, I have enterprise rent a car on my resumé- oh I'm sorry "enterprise holdings", 50+ hours every week, washing cars in heels and pencil skirts, picking up creepy men for rides, job focused on "sales" aka selling insurance to people have it, mentally and physically depressing.

If you get a job offer, please for the love of god, do not accept.

Advice to Management

Literally no way to help- awful. I highly recommend not accepting a job here.

5. "Branch Rental Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, good culture. You really will have a great time at work everyday with the staff. Great potential for earning more.

Cons

Long hours. Constant reevaluating of pay for managers. Half your pay check is predicted upon the used car market. No guaranteed raise with you earn a promotion.

"Family owned with corrupt management"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Pay is ok but low if you think about how many hours you work a week. Made some good friends. Good if you are a money hungry corporate sales person.

Cons

Zero work/life balance. You basically eat, sleep, breath Enterprise. It's a sales job, don't be fooled into thinking otherwise. A lot of people here will trick customers and lie to them to make their sales numbers and get "Top Half". People will slide on Roadside assistance daily cost on customers tickets and call it a "tax" so they can get a sell. Only work at the airport if you are willing to give up your life. The company plays favorites. Very long hours, get to work when it's dark, leave when it's dark. People will lower rental rates just to slide on full insurance coverage. They say they care about their employees and customers but that's a lie. We are nothing but walking, talking dollar signs. VERY HIGH turnover rate, always short staffed because of it. People will quit working here with no backup job because they hate it so much.

Advice to Management

I would say give a better work/life balance, But people have been saying that for years and you won't listen.

7. "Great experience but don't stay long"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

A few pros include learning how to run a business, deal with difficult situations and the friends I made. Good insurance, paid vacation after one year. They have a great training program but the cons will quickly take over.

Cons

No work life balance. You can kiss your friends, family and social life away. I just hit my one year and I barely netted more than a McDonald's employee! The pay is ridiculous for the amount of work you're expected to do. The hours are extremely long, your feet will hurt standing 12-14 hours a day. You will have to stay outside into the cold selling unnecessary coverage. Washing cars in a suit or dress. Management also has favorites and does not care about the health of their employees. Everyone here acts like this job is a cult - do or die. Managers are constantly stressed and lose sleep. Also, you cannot advance up until after 3-5 years of working as a Branch Manager. Company car is also $200/month which they fail to mention.

Advice to Management

Less hours = happier and more productive workers.

8. "Long hours, good resume builder,always moving locations, a lot of politics involved, NO work life balance,stressful"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good resume builder, learn about work ethic, learn how to work with diverse customers and employees,learn how to come up with solutions on the spot, learn the basics of running a business

Cons

No cars,unrealistic goals,misleading customers, unclear expectations, lack of training, not much team spirit, some have crab in the bucket mentality, honesty isn't really respected here, pay is just OK, as you move up in rental the pay increases but the amount of hours you have to put in isn't worth it in my opinion,especially when other companies are paying more without the 50-60 hr work schedule

Advice to Management

If you want people to stay you should probably give them the tools they need to exceed, make sure the team is not overwhelmed and maybe reward hard work a little more. Overall Enterprise is a great place to learn how to run a business and build your communication skills. Great resume builder! If you join the team make sure you have a plan whether it's staying or using this job as a stepping stone.

9. "Management Trainee"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Career advancement. Low Risk company.

Cons

Work/Life Balance. Bad Management. Hours.

Advice to Management

Everyone is expendable no matter how high up you are. That doesn't sit well with employees. And the hours are horrible. 12 hour shifts with a 1 hour lunch is not a manageable schedule. And don't say it is salary and when we start we find out to make that salary we must work 50-55 hours a week because we are hourly.

10. "Management Assistant"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are great, and the managers I worked under were very down to earth and always willing to help you progress. The company provides you the resources to get you promoted.

Cons

Long hours, underpaid, frequent irate customers, pressure to sell questionable "protection products." The job is adequate in gaining experience right out of school, but the workdays are brutal and constantly busy.

Advice to Management

Get feedback from your trainees during morning meetings. Keep the gateway of communication open at all times.

Showing 83 of 8,052 reviews