Enterprise Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Denver, CO Area

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 382 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 571 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be difficult to some individuals (in 1334 reviews)

• Long hours cause no work life balance (in 480 reviews)

1. "Accounting intern"

Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Denver, CO

Pros

The people in the business management division are extremely helpful and nice.

Everyone is trying to help you move up the ladder and transfer between offices.

Cons

The work can be very repetitive and slow at times.

2. "Not Worth It!!!"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make great friends

Cons

Hours, work life balance, pay, management, organization of the company, handling of discipline, false marketing, treatment of customers, treatment to the cars, treatment to part time employees, how to move up. They say it is based off your sales even though I was the best in Colorado and Wyoming - it is all about who sucks up more to your manager. If you want a management job where it is based off of good work and experience... this is not the place for you. They take recent college grads and use them like machines to work the awful hours, clean the cars and to do all the stuff management doesn't want to do. Once you finish the training program, unless you sucked up to management, they push you aside and they are already focusing on the people who just begin the training program. More than 70% of the people I started out with quit. I probably lost a year out of my life due to stress, in the end I made great friends (most of who quit as well) but I wish I spent another month applying for better jobs. And after, NO ONE CARES THAT YOU WORKED FOR ENTERPRISE... THEY AREN'T AS WELL KNOWN AS THEY BRAG ABOUT.

"DON'T DO IT!!!"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive I can even think of is your interactions with the customers other than that this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They don't care about there employees at all.

Cons

Be ready to work 50-60 hours a week and eat, drink, and sleep enterprise. They told me my pay would be $43,000 a year with the choice of overtime. I was never even offered the option for overtime it was expected of me. That 43,000 a year is with the overtime added which they never tell you. Management is awful it's a bunch of young people who have no idea what they are suppose to be doing half the time. They promote you off your sells so someone can have terrible manager skills but be great at sales and get promoted. Where someone who has great manager skills but doesn't sell well isn't able to be promoted. The entire training time you get trained on how to sell then once you get promoted your sales don't matter anymore and never will.

Advice to Management

This is not a management trainee program this is a work you to death and if you can last we will promote you program. As an management trainee you are over worked and under payed. In this role you are expected to hit all your sells goals while washing cars, picking up and taking back customers, answered the phones and dealing with customers. My advice to you is rebuild your management trainee program and fully explain the position while in the interview process.

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Golden, CO

Pros

Amazing people! Every single person I have worked with has become a good friend. It's different than the other places I've worked, you really have to work as a team, so you build strong relationships with your coworkers quickly. Also, everyone is under 30 years old - not everyone, but almost everyone. All the people at my branch are 22-26 years old, so it's really a fun, comfortable environment. The pay is fantastic for recent college graduates and first time job holders (45K-48K), and you're payed hourly. Also, you have the opportunity to grow your income 15-20% within 8 months of starting. You are promoted based on your customer service and sales performance so you are in control of your future!

List of other Pros:
    - Decentralized Management Structure
    - Family Owned
    - Management Support
    - Bonuses & Other Performance Based Incentives

Cons

The only Con is work life balance. While I love being at work, and spending time with my coworkers, the hours are very demanding. I average 49-52 Hours/Week, and some weeks you have to work Saturday so you don't get 2 days off in a row.

Advice to Management

Work life balance needs to be improved. Everything else is great. Alot of people change careers because of the long hours. Some jobs offer the same pay, at only 40 hours a week.

"Management Program, Effective but Not Pleasant"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Enterprise (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge emphasis on personal training and advancements, promotions are quick once the qualifications are met, it's a fun place to work- the people are by far the best part of the job. Some customers are bad, but some are absolutely amazing. The company has sales-incentive bonuses that aren't hard to reach and give out random perks throughout the year like baseball or concert tickets. They try to keep an upbeat, lively workplace which is nice.

Cons

Unreasonable hours. Everyone complains about washing cars, but for me it's what I enjoyed most. After dealing with angry customers, it's a good way to break up the day. But the hours are just outrageous. it wasn't uncommon for me to average 55-60 hours/week... sometimes more. The other big con is the PTO. You earn them as you go but the first year you max out at 7. This also includes sick time. Working that many hours, employees need more than 7 days to keep their mental sanity.

Advice to Management

Regulate hours and improve PTO

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Denver, CO

Pros

It's fast-paced work environment that recognizes those who put in the effort and commitment.

Cons

You also start out in a retail location. If customer service and sales are not something you are willing to excel at, then enterpruse might not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

The management are pretty good at listening to their employees. However, they could work on addressing work life balance issues when they arrise.

7. "Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Performance based, mentorships, growth, opportunity, profitable, friendship, great pay, promotions from within.

Cons

I genuinely enjoy my career with this company.

"Don't recommend working for this company"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot in a short amount of time and become promotable quickly.

Cons

Unfair treatment from main offices. The company promotes progressive discipline but picks and chooses who they actually do this for. They tell you to reach out to upper management for help but in turn use that to fire you for no real reason.

Advice to Management

Treat every employee fairly and follow the companies values.

9. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Denver, CO

I worked at Enterprise (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience and great company culture.

Cons

THe company policy is promotion from within only.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work.

Enterprise Response

Oct 28, 2015 – Employer Brand Specialist

Thanks for the positive review! We’re glad you had a great experience with Enterprise in our Denver area.

10. "Great place to start right out of college. And great career if you are good at sales"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of your coworkers and managers really care about you and your development. They take time out of their day to make sure you are progressing as you should. Great benefits and good pay.

Cons

Not a great work life balance. Constantly moving and on your feet. The airport locations are exhausting and you work 13 hour shifts with only a lunch break. You don't get to use your college degree as much as you would like. More of a robot just renting cars

Advice to Management

All of your mt's went to college so it's okay to give them some responsibility and not just have them run tickets all day long. Don't make all employees go to airport locations

Showing 41 of 7,955 reviews