Enterprise Driver Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 385 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 575 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be difficult to some individuals (in 1360 reviews)

• No work/life balance whatsoever (in 492 reviews)

1. "I love my job...."

Current Employee - Part-time Driver in Sulphur, LA
    Current Employee - Part-time Driver in Sulphur, LA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with wonderful people!! Everyone is really nice and very helpful to New and old employees ! Best thing..... they really understand their employees!

Cons

Long drives are sometimes hard on the back in the chevy vans. Get rid of them or more drivers will quit.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Chevrolet vans and pay drivers more

Enterprise Response

Jun 9, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you're having a great experience with Enterprise as a part-time driver! We love having you on the team!

2. "Driver"

Former Employee - Driver in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Driver in Dayton, OH

I worked at Enterprise part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

cheap car rental cheap car rental

Cons

Mainly management. I was lied to, face to face, at least 3 times that I know of. They told us we were not going to do certain duties that were assigned to other employees. That lasted about one day. They tell employees to stay off of cell phone unless it is an emergency, that did not last even one day. You can go to management with a problem, they listen, and then do nothing. Some people damage cars and then hide the car, nothing done. They have a lot of trouble keeping help. I had the senior driver that fell asleep at least twice when I was with him. He also has vision problems and almost had accidents. He made a "sexual harassment remark" to me. I also heard him discussing the same remark with others as I was moving from one office to central area. He doesn't know I heard him. I ignored it because complaining was a waste of time, we had no direct management at the time. I had 2 arguments with him after first remark because I had put up with his bullying, rudeness and insults for the first 2 years. Managed to work 2 more years before I was fired. I did not miss one days work in 4 years. Opps, I had to have surgery 7 months after I started. Management doesn't care, just move the cars. Management only cares about their bonus. We did work for others and they sit around and play games on their phones. There is more but I'm done. We had one employee who move to Enterprise in another city and said night and day difference between Dayton and new location.

Advice to Management

"Advice to management", I won't waste my time on this because I know it is a waste of time. Management, I'll take lie-detector test on every thing I have said. I also have at least one employee who remembers "the remark". Management will know who I am. I'm sure they will "spin it" to make me the trouble maker. This senior guy is basically dispised by all. Crew told me that when I started and I thought they were kidding, NOT. Dayton will know who I am. Management starts with the CEO.

3. "Hub Driver"

Current Employee - Hub Driver in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Hub Driver in Carson, CA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super easy job, flexible, laid back

Cons

low pay, some disrespectful employees

Advice to Management

Make sure employees are treating others with respect at all times.

4. "I drive state to state dropping off Cars"

Current Employee - Driver in Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Driver in Jamaica, NY

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Driving is fun you get the see different things In the world for the first time with out a airplane

Cons

Paper work car payments or car problems that's on file

Advice to Management

Driver different Cars everyday and it's ever fun

5. "Drver"

Former Employee - Part-time Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Part-time Driver in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Freindly Professional Customer based serviced oriared great fleet Mang, Area Mangager
    easy going clean cars good work inviorment helpfull with tech support

Cons

Stressfull to fast paced to many accidents drivers in a big hury no need to be not safe for transport
    of so many cars at once no need to be that wrecklace

Advice to Management

Slow down to fast paced

6. "Great Job, Easy Going"

Current Employee - Driver in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Driver in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Drive new cars, you get to figure what you may want to buy. Nice long hours that fly due to driving. Meet great people and just have a great time. The manager at this location is absolutely wonderful. Her name is Ms. Danyel. She is the most kind and understanding manager I've ever had. A sweetheart, working here is a pleasure.

Benefits are great as well. You get 50% off car rentals, family gets 33% off, and friends get 10% off. Atop of this, if you purchase a car from Enterprise you get $1,000 off sticker price.

Cons

No cons. You drive nice new cars from point A to point B and get paid to do so. What more could you want in a job that doesn't even pay minimum wage?

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I feel perhaps drivers should be paid more. Though our job seems easy enough (and it is, I'm not complaining at all) it becomes life threatening when in inclement weather. It's interesting that the car detailers who stay safe in a building get paid more than we do on the road. Even if we abide by all rules the person driving near us may not be, also bad weather such as heavy rain is a problem. I know this is life but when driving on your clock maybe you could pay just a bit more.

For example: Recently Hurricane Matthew hit the area. Tons of rain and horrible traffic. I've seen more accidents in that past week than my entire life. Yet we were being paid less than those sitting at a building waiting on us to arrive just to clean the cars.

Again, just a gripe but this is a great company. Very good to customers as well.

7. "Driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Driver in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great part time job, 401K for part timers with profit shareing.

Cons

No health benefits, no holiday pay.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Driver in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Driver in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, excellent benefits, good team environment, knowledgeable management, motivated co-workers.

Cons

Pay could be a little better, no accountability or timeliness of employees.

Advice to Management

None

9. "excellent company to work for."

Current Employee - Route Driver in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits. good supervisors great communication

Cons

training for new employees is minimal. more direct starter help is needed

10. "Part-time Driver"

Current Employee - Part Time Driver in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Driver in Amarillo, TX

Pros

Great work environment. Comp time available after first year. Flexible schedule.

Cons

No health insurance available to part-time employees.

Advice to Management

N/A