Enterprise Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 2 days work from home (for IT folks) (in 67 reviews)

• Admin role has better work/life balance with a normal schedule mon-fri and weekends off (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / Life balance is diffcult (in 162 reviews)

• Long hours but it goes fast so it (in 156 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. The Employees
    2. Senior Leadership
    3. Opportunities for Advancement
    4. Training/Development
    5. Pay
    Most people who work at Enterprise will tell you that the people are the best part about the company and I completely agree. I have met so many great people at Enterprise and continue to be friends with them even after some have left the company. Furthermore, the upper management has high expectations, but also compassion for employees personally and professionally. Since the company is privately held the Taylor family continues to reinvest and make excellent long term decisions to help provide opportunity for everyone. The advancement opportunities, development and training are second to none. At every single level you continue to learn more about managing people and a business. The pay advancement is phenomenal.

Cons

Many people say long hours...However, if you want to advance your career and have financial independence that does take work ethic. The hours it takes to advance your pay at Enterprise when compared to similar financial opportunities in other jobs does not compare. The hours worked by management are between 50-55 a week typically. Having six and seven figure annual pay opportunities with no financial risk on your part make these hours seem extremely fair. If you were an entrepreneur, restaurant owner, lawyer or doctor you would not only be working many more hours, but also have greater debt and financial exposure.

2. "Not bad - could be better, but could also be worse"

Current Employee - Network Engineer II in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Network Engineer II in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible dress code and the opportunity for work from home, for IT employees

Cons

Large bureaucratic company, stuck in its ways. Lots of stereotypical corporate nonsense. If your not in management, your not an adult, etc. After hours work for IT can be excessive at times.

Advice to Management

Listen to the new people.

"End of Day: Thankful for my experience & would not be where I am today..."

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time

Pros

Amazing training, development, goal setting, focus on performance based promotions which allowed to drive yourself to a certain level. A-type personalities who almost always got a long as you need to in this type of work environment- always striving to be better and friendly competition.

Cons

Unfair pay schedules. Unfair hours for pay & work for entry level employees in comparison to revenue generated. Pyramid model for recognition and pay with hard to manage deadlines for promotability once achieved certain level.

Advice to Management

Manage your teams the way that you see fit-not the way that your superior does- and that will include the way that keeps them performing and on your team. Only reason that I left was due to lack of support in regards to continual professional growth, pay scale, benefits and proper recognition.

4. "Manager"

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time

Pros

Top notch training program that allows you to drive your own career how far and how fast you want to move up based on your performance and team's results. Along the way you will receive training and support with each promotion you receive. The team you work with will not only challenge you to be the best performer you can be but will also give you the chance to create life long friends throughout your journey in the company.

Cons

No cons, with any career progressing position you must have a great work ethic and be resilient when progressing in any company.

5. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time

Pros

Paid Time Off during the first year, 401(k) plan with a company match, Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision Coverage, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts to highlight a few of the offerings.

Cons

Why not work with an experienced team of professionals in a spacious, clean, well-lighted and safe work environment with state of the art equipment?

6. "Fleet Logistics Supervisor"

Current Employee - Fleet Logistics Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Fleet Logistics Supervisor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training program, ability to move up and get promotions in the company. Admin role has better work/life balance with a normal schedule mon-fri and weekends off.

Cons

Not getting yearly bonuses or annual raises in an administrative role it’s harder to make more money quick like you can in sales/Rental.

Advice to Management

Give out bonuses to employees that perform well and do a great job as a yearly incentive would be nice to have for people in non-commission positions to have opportunity to make more money.

7. "Acting branch manager"

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time

Pros

When you first get hired they provide training what the hotel room to stay at food. This is a very good position for new college graduates to teach them overall sales and customer service aspects. The benefits are also very good the pay is so so

Cons

There are a lot of different kinds working with this company number one no family work life balance expect to work 49 plus hours a week and when you become a branch manager expect to work more. Also if you even want to get promoted I can only speak for the region 41 which is South Florida you have to have be a favorite cuz they do have favoritism they will promote somebody they like over somebody that have shown results over and over. Be careful and always call the Ethics Hotline if you believe you're being mistreated or overlooked for position that you more than qualify for.

Advice to Management

The people that have been and showed that they can run a branch for off of the blee then promote the person that's liked more for some reason every time that I interviewed for a branch manager position I was overlooked of either one I was an assistant too long or they wanted the newer person or younger person knowing that my qualifications were way over and I would want more money they could not get away with paying me less because I've already taken several branches as acting branch manager and turn them around to the most profitable branches in the region and still yet did not get the promotion. You need to promote on actions not favoritism

8. "Just A Number"

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time

Pros

They worked to promote internally. They offered great benefits. Comprehensive training.

Cons

They treat you like just a number. My supervisor regularly forgot about our weekly meetings. I did not feel like a valued employee.

"Managment Trainee"

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Teaneck, NJ
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Teaneck, NJ

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours and pay is great. The company is full of great individuals.

Cons

Matrix is manipulated by employees dishonest sales. The people getting promoted are the ones that are doing the manipulating and not the honest hard work.

Advice to Management

Restructure the promotion credentials

10. "Not bad, but could definitely be better."

Former Employee - Reservationist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Reservationist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits are great and pay is not too shabby either. employee perks are awesome as well.

Cons

management management management and more management.

Advice to Management

micromanaging every fine detail will not produce great employees, it will produce employees that are on egg shells, which is not a productive employee...it's a scared employee...