Enterprise Holdings Home Reviews | Glassdoor

Enterprise Holdings home Reviews

homePart-timeFull-time

2.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Work From Home Reservations Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Work From Home Reservations Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being able to work from home is a plus! Once you get the hang of it, the job is not hard to do for $12.50 an hour. I have worked from home before and I enjoy working from home. Working from home was the best part of my experience working in this position. All of the people I worked with were very friendly and the supervisors and managers were helpful as well.

Cons

You are chained to your computer and desk the entire time for an 8 hour shift with 2 beaks and a lunch hour, booking reservations and or begging for the caller to reserve a vehicle! The calls come in back to back to back to back to back with no time in between the calls to even take a sip of water, cough or sneeze if you needed to! You are thrown on the calls in the middle of training and those first days on the phone can be a train wreck, and feels like all the training received was for nothing. It is ridiculous, because as soon as you end one call, which you are told to end before the caller does, or this will be counted against you, the next caller is in your ear. Once the caller is in your ear, you NEED to be inputting the information in the systems, (hence STUCK at your computer). You can't take a breather to stretch your arms, legs or even yarn! To some people, this type of back to back calling may be OK. However, in my opinion, there really should be some break in between calls, if only a 10 second break in between the calls. I also noticed that even though the calls came back to back, it didn't make the time go any quicker throughout the day for me, it was 8 long hours of back to back calls with no break in between calls, NONE! It was to a point where I looked forward to team meetings and or one on one coaching sessions with the manager, outside of my scheduled breaks and lunch hour. Even though it is a work from home position, being chained to your desk and computer with no breathing room in between the calls could make it a not so pleasant experience, (it made it unpleasant for me). If you do not mind being STUCK at your desk and STUCK on the phone, with no opportunity to take a sip of water, stretch, yarn, cough or sneeze in between calls, then this may be the work from home position for you.

2. "Customer service agent"

Current Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, Coworkers,

Cons

No work life balance, Attendace policy, can become over bearing. Communication , application programs need update could be more efficiant better to operate.

Advice to Management

Enterprise is a great company , there are somethings that I feel could help with better productivity from employees. Metrics are changed to often and unnecessary hard to meet bonuses with constant changes. If your in need of time off there should be no issue with requesting ahead of time with no vacation days or choice time . The work life balence needs to be considered . If your allowing same day LPV . Employees preform better when felt like their appreciated. The new schedule system is horrible!
    If employees aren't meeting metrics they should be limited to the Lpv and Pre planned Lpv that could be taking. Employees that are exceeding should have first priority shouldn't have too look for someone to switch days. Appreciate your outstanding employees.

"Warning before considering employment"

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Work from home is good

Cons

Not very family orientated, Terminated me for wife having surgery. Missed 1 Day.

Advice to Management

Start listening to employees. Be more family orientated.

"Overall great place to work at"

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours, staff is really friendly, pay is great

Cons

Fmla process is horrible, call off process too difficult, too many changes you can't keep up with, improper training when changes happen

Advice to Management

I would change the fmla maternity leave process. I had so many problems with my adherence because my fmla rep didn't communicate with my supervisor which caused me to have a lot problems among my team because it was hurting my team in the adherence numbers.

"CSR Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Work At Home in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Work At Home in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Schedule, Overtime, Bonus and Incentives, and Benefits

Cons

An draining job, emotionally and mentally. Customers call in demanding this and that, acting as we owe them something especially the loyalty customers. Overtime is offered but you're too burnt out to take it, then if you use LPV too much it affect your stats. You have to make certain metrics all around to qualify for bonus. The system is bogus! You're only allowed to do so much to help a customer. Can't help local Enterprise customers at all, just refer to location or complete a shell. To work for three companies and four call types pay can definitely be better. And lastly, no room for growth as an work at employee.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the company so employees aren't burned out. The base rate varies based on the location when it should be equal for all, some cities within the same state start at $15 per hour with no experience. But people with experience get $12, not cool. Bring opportunities for growth or the turnover rate will remain high. As much as the company is achieving, the employee should have better job satisfaction versus everything focused on the customers ONLY!

"Customer Care Rep"

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Nice schedules. Training OK. Fun and upbeat management.

Cons

Outdated software. Tech issues.

"Hiring process"

Current Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise Holdings (Less than a year)

Pros

I applied on line. Received an invitation to take an assessment which was fairly easy, you just have to make sure once you start you complete it. Received an email congratulating me for being successful on the assessment. I was scheduled for 2 phone interviews and then a 3rd one in French. Interviews were fair, just make sure you have the experience required for the job, if you do the questions are not difficult. Their whole hiring process was handled professionally. I was offered a bilingual French position, full time with benefits. Starting pay $14.38 plus opportunities for bonus based on performance, not a bad starting pay for working from home!

Cons

Shifts are locked in for a year. Will be working from 2:30pm-11:30pm with Wednesdays & Thursdays off. Have to work weekends.

"Work from Home is awesome, but can have its hang ups"

Former Employee - Work From Home Reservation Agent in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Work From Home Reservation Agent in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome team atmosphere. Work chat room, Knowledge Database, and Help Desk available for extra assistance. Great bonuses. Flexible schedule swapping with teammates and monthly schedule bids. Can ask to leave early during low call volume. Two 15 min breaks and one lunch (1/2 hour to 1 hour depending on schedule option)

Cons

Pressure to meet specific monthly performance metrics. Chat rooms can cause drama within workplace. Too many tech issues can cause termination. Customers can rate you however they want which can hurt bonus. Customers can be abusive. Tied to computer desk.

Advice to Management

Average Handle Time needs to allow for better quality service, otherwise agent's stress can lead to poor performance or excessive breaks. SQI needs to emphasize rating the agent's service only, can possibly have a separate survey question for the overall company (price, policy, values, etc.)

"Impossible Goals, No Support"

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Sierra Vista, AZ

I worked at Enterprise Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from home and they appear to have great benefits. Other than that there really isn't very much good about this job. I guess long paid training.

Cons

No support from upper management. They tell you in training that your performance based employment will depend on an average of stats over a 3 month time frame, but then after 1 day of taking calls DURING TRAINING you are told that if your stats aren't better by the next day you will be fired. You are given no time to study the material or get to know the systems which are stuck in the 80s and highly difficult to navigate. When you call the support line for help you get penalized in metrics AND you get to get berated by rude employess who belittle you for asking for help. You have to use about 15 different systems to look up informaiton and none of them communicate to the other system. The dos program they use has a different way to do the same thing for different pages of it so you better remember how to do EVERYTHING from memory. The bonuses are literally impossible to reach. Good luck reaching a 4 minute average handle time. With the 15 different systems you have to use and the impossible amount of tedious notation and repetition it is literally impossible to reach. That's why the bonuses sound so good, they only ever have to pay them out to maybe one person a month. This was by far the worst work experience I have ever had and if I could I would tell everyone about it at every chance I get. Never renting from them ever since I know now first hand how they like to scam their customers. And never supporting their company in any way.

Advice to Management

If you can't figure out what is wrong with your company after reading the cons, then you have no business being in management. Not that anyone in management cares about bettering their company. There are plenty more gullible people waiting to be drawn in by a work from home position.

"WORK FROM HOME"

Current Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Rochester Hills, MI

Pros

Working from home, no commute

Cons

Incompetent management. The metrics for bonusing and pay increases are difficult to obtain. The company pretends to put "customer satisfaction first" but your told to make reservations for people knowing that there are NO cars available! Then have the nerve to have the number of reservations actually picked up be part of your metric! So your making reservations that people cant get and in order to get more money they have to get it.. GTFOH! The system is awful! Constantly logging in and out for different locations. No efficient way to contact people in the actual branches to verify cars are available, which you have to call quite often but they don't want you to call out and place that in your metrics as well. The company is just backwards and very poorly run!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the work from home position all together or find a better way for the branches and reps to work together and provide the customer service that is claimed to be so important.