Enterprise Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 372 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 550 reviews)

Cons

1. "Overall Good Expereince"

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working closely with management team was a great experience.
    Never a dull moment and the day goes by quickly.
    Job security is there and business is growing.
    Great potential for growth, advancement, and high paying salaries and hard work and performance will be rewarded.

Cons

Very sales based - selling insurance protection to customers.
    Expect to be washing and vacuuming out cars in extreme heat while wearing business professional clothing
    Customers can be demanding and difficult to handle.
    Lack of work/life balance - Branch and Assistant management working 60-65 hours a week (7 day branch)

Advice to Management

Allow for more communication between corporate level management and branch management.
    Hire more people to even out work load for management to prevent burn out and help with employee retention.

2. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility and Co-Workers depending on your store, There is a clear-cut path to advancement if you have managers that are devoted to your success

Cons

Hours are crazy if you work at a store that has multiple satellite locations, management mostly only looks out for themselves, expects you to devote your lives to the running of Enterprise, training is not that consistent, Company does not really uphold "family values"

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, look out for your employees

3. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Ma in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Ma in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, team environment
    See new places

Cons

Long hours with low pay

Advice to Management

This is a billion dollar company. Pay your employees fairly.

5. "PROCEED WITH LOTS OF CAUTION"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management program is great foundation to get into the business world. Learn every aspect of business from inside out.

Cons

LONG HOURS! DREAMS SOLD BUT ONLY GIVEN TO THE FAVORITES, DO NOT SAY IT IS SALARY WHEN IT IS HOURLY, TRY TO PLACE EMPLOYEE CLOSER TO HOME. Washing cars in suits, NO GO!

Advice to Management

Stay on the same page as your employees. Better continuing training. Give employees better work life balance then there won't be as much turn over. Do not make employees wait a year for vacation.

6. "Great opportunity, but it's not for everyone."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start if you have a college degree and are trying to get started. Ongoing sales and service training. There's a lot more to than just renting cars. Customer service, sales and marketing are key in this business. You'll meet lots of great people and there is a lot of recognition for high performers. Lots of opportunities for moving up. Also 401 matching and there's also a profit share bonus added after a year.

Cons

Not easy for a family person! Days can be extremely busy and sometimes stressful bending over backward to cater to unreasonable customers. Branches in the Houston area are typically short-staffed which puts more pressure on everyone. There is paid time off, but one person being off puts more of a load on the others in the branch.

Advice to Management

Hire more people! I've heard employees in other states really love their job and the thing I've noticed is that the number of employees in a branch makes all the difference. A former branch manager once told me that for every 40 cars in a branch's fleet, there should be a Management Trainee. From all the branches I've looked up, no one is running an office like that in Houston. ERAC is a great company and I love the people I work with, but retention seems to be a problem because many burn out and move on. If Houston management changed that, I'd be happy to tell everyone I know to apply!

7. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hourly pay and training with plenty of room for growth into higher positions.

Cons

Long hours and lots of moving around to different locations(which can be a plus). Depending on location it can be difficult to reach goals for promotions. POLITICS in the work place.

8. "Business Majors Apply"

Former Employee - Risk Management in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Risk Management in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enterprise offers a great opportunity for business minded, goal oriented individuals. There is a defined path for each department. There's plenty of room for growth and management encourages promotion. Enterprise is a highly ethical company that stresses safety for employees and customers.

Cons

The hours and pay may be a negative to younger employees interested in the retail side. They tend to hire college grads rather than older individuals.

"Being family owned makes a difference"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

I first started working for Enterprise as an intern and quickly fell in love with the company. I can honestly say that accepting this job was one of the smartest decisions I've ever made. Enterprise is a company where you can build a career. After graduation, I transitioned into the Management Trainee role and quickly moved up and became an Assistant Manager 6 months later. I've learned invaluable skills during my time here, this company wants you to succeed. The training program is one of the best out there, you are set up to win. You aren't just renting cars all day you're learning how to run a business. As a young, professional, working adult that's new to the corporate world I am extremely grateful to work for a company that truly cares about their employees and makes an effort into building and molding them into smart, savvy business professionals.

I have a great work life balance, Enterprise does a great job with working with your schedule and everyone I've worked with was always accommodating to my school schedule when I was still an intern. That's one of the best parts about this company- the people! Everyone I've interacted with is passionate about their career and I've never had any trouble reaching out to anyone. Enterprise cares about their customers and about their employees, we celebrate our success as a team and that's something I truly value and take pride in personally and professionally.

Enterprise is place where your hard work really does pay off. There are so many opportunities for advancement within this company.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons. Enterprise is heavily based on customer service and sales, so if you're uncomfortable with either we have a great training program that prepares you for the management trainee role. Everyone is extremely helpful too so at first it might seem a bit intimidating but after you attend training you'll feel adequately prepared.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

10. "Assitant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Good Entry Level Managemt position

Cons

they will find a way to make you quit or fire you

Advice to Management

keep the good employees and give them bonueses

11. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Enterprise is a great place to work! I work with company for 12 years and my advancement was in my hands. I have learned a lot and will always appreciate the lesson taught by this company.

Cons

Lots of competition for promotion.

Advice to Management

Continue training and development of your future business leaders.

Showing 99 of 7,618 reviews