Enterprise Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 372 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 550 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great first career to gain work experience straight out of college."

Current Employee - Station Manager in Redondo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Station Manager in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for professional development. You get in what you put out. You can achieve development for phone skills, Interpersonal communication and sales.

Cons

The work can be very physically demanding. Worklife balance often a challenge. Any time off for appointments or even paid time off are often met with scrutiny or guilt.

Advice to Management

More conscious of worklife balance.

"Would only recommend trainee to someone who wants to be a future car salesman"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company left such a bad taste in my mouth didn't want to do a review but decided enough people don't leave them and tell you how miserable your day is working daily... hopefully you don't mind being micromanaged and able to balance the stress of always having to work in the grey zone of ethical and unethical never black and white and even have some managers manage you to be unethical to be sucessful to meet sales goals . Everything is shady just don't believe it's all butterfly and rainbows . You will only enjoy the pay and benefits for a entry level no experience position the pay is great. You may also enjoy working with same level employees the recruiters do a good job hiring alike people. But high turnover rate.

Cons

Be prepared to be burned out your first month from the long hour days and work week . The job will teach you how to deal with entitled and rude customers. Also help you with face to face sales approach but once again I'll say I would only recommend this management trainee program to someone who is thriving to pursue being a car salesman or someone who don't mind being a slave for 11 hours a day and being treated like the "Do-boy" (yes man) to collect a really nice check. It's hard work to get noticed in the company doing things the right way when you are trying to sale protection on the cars and meet sales goals but I became a Management Assistant in 8 months and work out of 7 different stores and one airport and I worked for the company a little over a year. Also be prepared to be moved around to different store locations throughout your career often. Yes there is career opportunities because they "only promote from within" but even then it's all about who you know every promotion comes with interviews.

Advice to Management

Stop preaching "take care of your employees" when you don't. It's a privately owned company so complaints doesn't go far.

3. "Enterprise Review"

Former Employee - Management Asss in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Asss in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great promotion opportunities and management development.

Cons

Long hours, starting pay, lack of commission on contract sales, and strict dressing policy.

Advice to Management

Higher wages for entry level college graduates. The workload that is required and the standard to which each employee is held to should reflect in higher pay or bonus structure. Also dress policy should be lightened.

5. "Great first time job for fresh out of college!"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

On-going training, career development, support from upper management, and a team player environment. It's a huge company, so there's good medical benefits, 401k with company match & profit sharing. I've learned a lot working there for 12 years. I've met a lot of great people! My experiences at enterprise has helped prepare me for future career advancement.

Cons

Higher pay, more vacation days, more holidays, guilt free PTO day off, more staff in certain divisions, and less strict dress code. If the company changes all of these things I would have retired there.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide on-going training to employees & support when needed. Offer competitive salaries for similar positions in the industry. Take care of your employees better so that the good ones stay.

6. "Hub Driver"

Current Employee - Hub Driver in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Hub Driver in Carson, CA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super easy job, flexible, laid back

Cons

low pay, some disrespectful employees

Advice to Management

Make sure employees are treating others with respect at all times.

""Quick advancement but no work-life balance""

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's plenty of opportunity to advance quickly if you work hard and create a good reputation of yourself. They give you random sales rewards like gift cards, happy hours, and recreational half days. The average age range in the first couple levels of management tend to be 26-30 making it a fun, young, energetic environment. The company also has a variety of different divisions to crossover into.

Cons

No work life balance; it's all work. You barely see your family and friends. Customers are always the first priority so you consistently feel disrespected and verbally abused as customers that cause problems tend to be illogical, selfish and condescending. For those looking to make a social impact look elsewhere as this is just a good place to build your managerial skills and collect a paycheck. It's a great place to start but not to finish.

Advice to Management

Stop burning out your employees.

8. "great first out of college job"

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

amazing people, great training program, mentors

Cons

pay is not guaranteed, hours are long

9. "High Standards"

Former Freelancer - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Freelancer - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard and be focused you have a lot of opportunity!

Cons

Long hours, nights and some weekends

Advice to Management

keep providing feedback and coaching on career development

"Don't drink the kool aid"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great! You bond over long strenuous hours and a common enemy (the company and customers)

FYI most of these positive reviews are made by employees who are told to post positive reviews by recruiters.

Cons

Well there isn't a limit to the cons, the hours are ridiculous! You're always watching your back and walking on eggshells at the threat of getting fired for non performance. Selling insurance products that you don't need. The people who drink the kool aid here are the worst their whole lives revolve around ERAC. Once you leave you see the light no person in their right mind would work that many hours for that low of pay. If u want to see what real employees say about working there go to the Facebook page "things I learned at enterprise" this way you get a real picture of what it's like to work here.

Only reason they hire college grads right out of school Ian because they don't know any better. No 30 year old with a family would work here they have too much sense.

Advice to Management

Please stop spreading the lie that it will be worth it to stick it out. No amount of money is worth your freedom, friends and family.

"Not bad but not great."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my co-workers and some of the management were solid people I could trust to provide great guidance. Learned about a new industry for myself and gained good experience and business knowledge.

Cons

There are so many employees that most end up feelings like they are just a pawn in the ERAC game. I didn’t agree with the company policies on selling and up-selling.

Advice to Management

I understand that their success is directly tied to the success of the employees but they should really try to establish a more genuine relationship with their employees so people will take stock in their job and really own it

Showing 254 of 7,623 reviews