Enterprise Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 366 reviews)

• I discovered a lot about the customer service field and how to conduct business (in 538 reviews)

Cons

"Don't drink the kool aid"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great! You bond over long strenuous hours and a common enemy (the company and customers)

FYI most of these positive reviews are made by employees who are told to post positive reviews by recruiters.

Cons

Well there isn't a limit to the cons, the hours are ridiculous! You're always watching your back and walking on eggshells at the threat of getting fired for non performance. Selling insurance products that you don't need. The people who drink the kool aid here are the worst their whole lives revolve around ERAC. Once you leave you see the light no person in their right mind would work that many hours for that low of pay. If u want to see what real employees say about working there go to the Facebook page "things I learned at enterprise" this way you get a real picture of what it's like to work here.

Only reason they hire college grads right out of school Ian because they don't know any better. No 30 year old with a family would work here they have too much sense.

Advice to Management

Please stop spreading the lie that it will be worth it to stick it out. No amount of money is worth your freedom, friends and family.

"Modern Day Slavery"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resume Builder.
    You will meet a few life long friends.
    Job stability- the company is desperate. You have to really screw up to get fired.

Cons

Everything about the nature of the business. Customers treat you like garbage. Execs laugh while branches have literally zero cars with 40 plus reservations. People don't like renting cars and you they will ensure you're aware of it. You will work Christmas Eve, Day after Christmas, Black Friday, I could go on and on. There is NO work-life balance. It's non existent. You will arrive to work at 7, or earlier, and you'll get off at 6:30 IF you're lucky. The computer systems are literally the most outdated pieces of garbage you can imagine. The phone doesn't stop ringing and you will genuinely start to go mentally crazy.

Having said all that, if you make it a year, you will look back on all of that as one of the most challenging, if not the most challenging, year(s) in your life. Only a select a few can make it, and when you end up at an amazing company because of your time at Enterprise, you'll look back at all those miserable. Stressful. Exhausting. Degrading memories
    and laugh..........

Advice to Management

It's 2016. You have to stand by your employees, value them, and most of all, LISTEN TO THEM. They are your biggest asset.

3. "Rapid turn over."

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Got to work with some cool people.
    - If your young and fresh out of college it's a decent stepping stone and resume starter.

Cons

-Average employee time frame is about a year or less.
    -Low wages, long hours.
    -Customers can be difficult......in some cases very very difficult.
    - You will get pushed to make sales but there is pretty much no incentive to do so.

Advice to Management

Create better sale incentives.

"Accounts payable coordinator"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Gardena, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, good job security mainly because the pay is so low no one would want to steal your job. The benefits is average. Makes you appreciate any job you get after you leave enterprises.

Cons

Awful management, starting pay could be less than a fast food worker and the management ideas are stuck in the 1960's. Employee retention rate for 12 months is below 60%. That alone should answer how the company treat their employees.

Advice to Management

Higher pay and maybe you could keep more employees

"Least family friendly place I've heard of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Upward mobility exists to some extent.

Cons

Does not recognize nor care that employees who have children have needs. Expects everyone--including branch managers--to be a 22 year old who can work from 7-10pm+ each day and on weekends for very little money. Sexism exists against men caring for children and having responsibilities outside of enterprise. I want to send the whole company and its area managers a copy of Lean In.

Advice to Management

You will keep more employees and increase retention through pro-work life balance policies. I am appalled that a what would be Fortune 500 company if publicly traded treats its employees this way by chastising them for wanting to arrive at work a few mins late so They can pick up their child from daycare. Despite the fact They are working around the clock as a branch manager. I am also shocked there is a female CEO at such an anti family firm. Enterprise, you should be ashamed.

Enterprise Response

Feb 15, 2016 – Director: Employment Brand

Thank you for the review of your experience at Enterprise. We do place a high priority on providing work-life balance opportunities for our employees, and we apologize that you have not had that ... More

7. "Run away from enterprise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other jobs think it's a good resume builder

Cons

Bad pay long hours poor benefits bad work environment encourage scamming customers the list goes on and on

8. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

This position gave me the opportunity to toughen my skin by taking "3 no's" from the customers. The ability to move up quickly is there if you are willing to slave for it.

Cons

"Management Trainee" aka enterprise slave. 10 plus hour work days 5-6 days a week. 1 "official" break for an hour no other breaks. Must be willing to be a pushy sales person. THIS IS A SALES POSITION. You will be subject to all weather conditions when selling cars and insurance to the consumer. You will be ostracized for not selling!

Advice to Management

Stop the negative reinforcement of employees that do not 'sell" as well as others.

9. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learn how to run a business

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, not nearly enough pay for the required 55 hours a week

"Management Trainee"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to drive all of the new cars ,however that gets old after about two weeks of working there. If you like to sell then there's room for advancement. There's job security , they don't fire MT's often because they need the bodies giving that they have a very high turn over rate.

Cons

Long hours and many madatory meetings/events after work. They also expect for you to ware suits everyday and to wash cars. Underpaid, the salary is not good. After, earning a Bachelor's degree you should be making better money and not having to work 50+hours each week 6 days a week. Everyone has to work a Sunday every couple of weeks, you may have to work 10-13 days straight before you get an off day. You will never get your two 10 minute breaks unless you work at a airport location. I was never given not one of my 10 minute breaks and I worked for Enterprise for a year at 4 different Enterprise locations. MT's has too many different responsibilities. You have to do a lot of driving, I felt like a taxi driver having to pick up and drop off so many people each day. On top of that they want you to sell ever single day. They have goals for you to meet. This job was the worst and most stressful job that I've ever had. I dredged getting up ever morning and having to work for them. It wasen't just me ,more than half of my co-workers were looking for another job too. Once I found another job, and I was able to resign it was the happiest day of my life. Your better off being an uber driver before working for Enterprise. I wish someone would of told me what I'm writing in this review now. Had I known all of this I would of never worked there.

Advice to Management

Too many hours , having to work overtime should be optional. Give your employees both of there 10 min breaks because its needed. Increase the pay!!! Everyone in the office has Bachelor's degrees not GED's. Stop making madatory meetings and events after working there 10-11 hours a day your employees would rather go home. How do you expect for your employees to dress professionaly and expect them to wash cars ?

11. "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Enterprise (More than 5 years)

Pros

great entry level position straight out of college. can move up in the company quickly if youre motivated

Cons

long hours, low compensation, company is very top heavy so room for advancement is limited despite what the recruiters and management tell you. For the first few years you are only compensated through hourly pay even though everyone above you makes their money off all the work you do. zero work life balance. you have to go to happy hours and stay long unpaid hours if you want to advance quickly

Advice to Management

take better care of your employees. without your entry level employees you have nothing

Showing 25 of 7,473 reviews