Enterprise Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1450 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 515 reviews)

1. "If you don't drink the ERAC kool-aid, your soul will die slowly"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, pto after one year, award parties, good on resume, bonuses, 401k, angels stadium suite, most Sundays off depending which office you work at

Cons

Hours, management, company philosophy, sales culture, customer first mentality, can't transfer areas without stepping down to an MA, make same pay as assistant manager than when I was an MA.. Just with more responsibilities, not a family friendly job, specifically for single parents ... I'm not married nor do I have kids but I leave at 6am to drive an hour, get off by 645, to get home at 745..... They ask if I'll relocate but advise on being promoted within the next 9mo. So relocate every 9mo? The money is not worth the time and bs you put in.

Being an assistant manager here makes you the bad guy from every angle.. As an MT I excelled at sales, got multiple mvps, went to the award nights and holiday parties, got promoted quickly and did well at my first assistant spot but after the excitement dwindles down and customers can talk to you like crap, and you're stuck with a horrible branch manager, it's hard to keep sipping the ERAC kool-aid. I'm shown more appreciation from repeat customers than I am by my management.

Advice to Management

The culture will only change if it comes from the top guy/gal. However, the industry itself is money hungry and is a glorified pyramid scheme.... Bottom employees get all the crap while the next tier reaps the benefits.the interview qualifications should be broadened to allow applicants from different states.. Instead of forcing someone to step down from the hard work they have already put in

"Branch mgr 6 yrs (600+ car branch) Orange County, Ca"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will meet some cool people that will be your friends for life. This is also a negative because it makes it harder to quit (and believe me, they know this, it's designed this way)

Cons

"Now that I look back, I wish I had stayed at Enterprise"

-said no one ever

How much time ya got? Haha
    Oh you just worked a 12hr day, didn't take a lunch, you want to home and see your family? sorry we have a mandatory happy hour, it'll look real bad to the higher ups if you don't go.

If you don't drink the Kool-aide there is no hope.

If you are dead set on working here, my advice is become an Asst Mgr then quit. It does look good on a resume, simply for the fact that employer know how mistreated and overworked Enterprise employees are. It will also make whatever your next job is seem like a piece of cake (by comparison)

Advice to Management

The higher up the ladder you go, the more you realize there really is no autonomy. Everyone is just following orders from their boss, literally no original ideas or thought from anyone. The people at the top are people that have worked for enterprise since they were 22 and have never had a job anywhere else, not a lot of practical real world work experience, they are just good at following orders, and kissing butt.

"Don't drink the kool aid"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great! You bond over long strenuous hours and a common enemy (the company and customers)

FYI most of these positive reviews are made by employees who are told to post positive reviews by recruiters.

Cons

Well there isn't a limit to the cons, the hours are ridiculous! You're always watching your back and walking on eggshells at the threat of getting fired for non performance. Selling insurance products that you don't need. The people who drink the kool aid here are the worst their whole lives revolve around ERAC. Once you leave you see the light no person in their right mind would work that many hours for that low of pay. If u want to see what real employees say about working there go to the Facebook page "things I learned at enterprise" this way you get a real picture of what it's like to work here.

Only reason they hire college grads right out of school Ian because they don't know any better. No 30 year old with a family would work here they have too much sense.

Advice to Management

Please stop spreading the lie that it will be worth it to stick it out. No amount of money is worth your freedom, friends and family.

"Modern Day Slavery"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resume Builder.
    You will meet a few life long friends.
    Job stability- the company is desperate. You have to really screw up to get fired.

Cons

Everything about the nature of the business. Customers treat you like garbage. Execs laugh while branches have literally zero cars with 40 plus reservations. People don't like renting cars and you they will ensure you're aware of it. You will work Christmas Eve, Day after Christmas, Black Friday, I could go on and on. There is NO work-life balance. It's non existent. You will arrive to work at 7, or earlier, and you'll get off at 6:30 IF you're lucky. The computer systems are literally the most outdated pieces of garbage you can imagine. The phone doesn't stop ringing and you will genuinely start to go mentally crazy.

Having said all that, if you make it a year, you will look back on all of that as one of the most challenging, if not the most challenging, year(s) in your life. Only a select a few can make it, and when you end up at an amazing company because of your time at Enterprise, you'll look back at all those miserable. Stressful. Exhausting. Degrading memories
    and laugh..........

Advice to Management

It's 2016. You have to stand by your employees, value them, and most of all, LISTEN TO THEM. They are your biggest asset.

5. "Rapid turn over."

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Got to work with some cool people.
    - If your young and fresh out of college it's a decent stepping stone and resume starter.

Cons

-Average employee time frame is about a year or less.
    -Low wages, long hours.
    -Customers can be difficult......in some cases very very difficult.
    - You will get pushed to make sales but there is pretty much no incentive to do so.

Advice to Management

Create better sale incentives.

"Accounts payable coordinator"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Gardena, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, good job security mainly because the pay is so low no one would want to steal your job. The benefits is average. Makes you appreciate any job you get after you leave enterprises.

Cons

Awful management, starting pay could be less than a fast food worker and the management ideas are stuck in the 1960's. Employee retention rate for 12 months is below 60%. That alone should answer how the company treat their employees.

Advice to Management

Higher pay and maybe you could keep more employees

"Least family friendly place I've heard of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Upward mobility exists to some extent.

Cons

Does not recognize nor care that employees who have children have needs. Expects everyone--including branch managers--to be a 22 year old who can work from 7-10pm+ each day and on weekends for very little money. Sexism exists against men caring for children and having responsibilities outside of enterprise. I want to send the whole company and its area managers a copy of Lean In.

Advice to Management

You will keep more employees and increase retention through pro-work life balance policies. I am appalled that a what would be Fortune 500 company if publicly traded treats its employees this way by chastising them for wanting to arrive at work a few mins late so They can pick up their child from daycare. Despite the fact They are working around the clock as a branch manager. I am also shocked there is a female CEO at such an anti family firm. Enterprise, you should be ashamed.

Enterprise Response

Feb 15, 2016 – Director: Employment Brand

Thank you for the review of your experience at Enterprise. We do place a high priority on providing work-life balance opportunities for our employees, and we apologize that you have not had that... More

8. "Run away from enterprise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Other jobs think it's a good resume builder

Cons

Bad pay long hours poor benefits bad work environment encourage scamming customers the list goes on and on

9. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

This position gave me the opportunity to toughen my skin by taking "3 no's" from the customers. The ability to move up quickly is there if you are willing to slave for it.

Cons

"Management Trainee" aka enterprise slave. 10 plus hour work days 5-6 days a week. 1 "official" break for an hour no other breaks. Must be willing to be a pushy sales person. THIS IS A SALES POSITION. You will be subject to all weather conditions when selling cars and insurance to the consumer. You will be ostracized for not selling!

Advice to Management

Stop the negative reinforcement of employees that do not 'sell" as well as others.

10. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learn how to run a business

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, not nearly enough pay for the required 55 hours a week

Showing 27 of 8,599 reviews