Enterprise Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.0
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, people from every level are willing to help you out (in 395 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 593 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1411 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 505 reviews)

1. "The only people you'll get along with 100% of the time is your actual car washer coworker."

Former Employee - Car Washer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Car Washer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a good car discount along with movies, amusement parks and other fun things that are listed on the discount website.

Cons

Customers are rude and depending on location you work in the sun third the sales people don't care for you

2. "Beware"

Former Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flex days for the weeks you have to work 6 days a week.

Cons

Being caught in the crossfire of customers upset by decisions made by branch managers.
    Low compensation

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be more organized and in tune with whats going on at branches. Branch managers "fake" that everything is running smoothly when Area Managers visit.

Aug 11, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you for the review. I'm concerned about your statement about branch managers faking a well-run branch. Can you reach out to me with additional details about where this is occurring, so we can... More

3. "Only for college grads"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes can be a fun environment. If you are big into sales great job for first employment.

Cons

Long hours, management doesn't care about individuals.

Jul 12, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Enterprise is successful because of the effort that each of our individual employees put forth every day, and the amazing customer service they provide to our clients. It's a shame you didn't feel... More

4. "Management trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

advancement in your career
    Opportunity to meet walks of all life and network

Cons

10+ a day on your feet constantly
    short staffed, causing you to work even harder due to lack of bodies
    customers are rude
    management not understanding, only worried about profit

Advice to Management

Value your employees more, and listen to them
    The work schedule is absolutely unrealistic 60+ hrs?!

"Would only recommend trainee to someone who wants to be a future car salesman"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company left such a bad taste in my mouth didn't want to do a review but decided enough people don't leave them and tell you how miserable your day is working daily... hopefully you don't mind being micromanaged and able to balance the stress of always having to work in the grey zone of ethical and unethical never black and white and even have some managers manage you to be unethical to be sucessful to meet sales goals . Everything is shady just don't believe it's all butterfly and rainbows . You will only enjoy the pay and benefits for a entry level no experience position the pay is great. You may also enjoy working with same level employees the recruiters do a good job hiring alike people. But high turnover rate.

Cons

Be prepared to be burned out your first month from the long hour days and work week . The job will teach you how to deal with entitled and rude customers. Also help you with face to face sales approach but once again I'll say I would only recommend this management trainee program to someone who is thriving to pursue being a car salesman or someone who don't mind being a slave for 11 hours a day and being treated like the "Do-boy" (yes man) to collect a really nice check. It's hard work to get noticed in the company doing things the right way when you are trying to sale protection on the cars and meet sales goals but I became a Management Assistant in 8 months and work out of 7 different stores and one airport and I worked for the company a little over a year. Also be prepared to be moved around to different store locations throughout your career often. Yes there is career opportunities because they "only promote from within" but even then it's all about who you know every promotion comes with interviews.

Advice to Management

Stop preaching "take care of your employees" when you don't. It's a privately owned company so complaints doesn't go far.

"Assistant Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great initial training for new employees. Awesome co-workers, motivated middle management. I really have nothing bad to say about Enterprise until I was promoted to management.

Cons

Compensation is all over the place when you promote to assistant. Things that are beyond your control (ie government contracts) can severly affect your bottom line. Enterprise says they pay assistants 51k, I never made more than 40.

The customers are the toughest I've ever had to deal with at any point in my long career in sales... they really grind you down after a while.

No work life balance AT ALL. I worked 60+ hours a week with one day off per week for a year and a half. When my manager suddenly quit it got even worse and that was when I left.

Advice to Management

Realize that your Branch and Assistant Managers are mere human beings. You can't ask for everything and give nothing back. I would definitely change the wages and the com mission structure as well as the hours to make it bearable.

7. "Different Strokes for different folks"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a lot of Autonomy to do what you want and run your business how you see fit. You learn how to run your business from the ground up.

Cons

Worklife balance is terrible. You work 11 to 12 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week. Such a large part of your salary is based off commission which is taxed so high

8. "Management trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Give you the opportunity to grow within the company and make decent money eventually managing your own branch or working in corporate.

Cons

Work long hours without overtime. So pay is not very good when broken down hourly. That system they use to reserve cars for reservations doesn't work very well and you end up without the car when the customer arrives so you are the one who gets yelled at.

Advice to Management

Don't over work your employees. Put more employees in each branch so they can split shifts. 60 hour weeks is not worth it for the pay.

"Disappointing MT program"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Pros

Generous benefits. You get 18 days of PTO by your second year, assuming you work for a manager that will let you use them.

There are many different directions to go in with the company; not just working in rental. If you live in a major metropolis, they will most likely have many different departments to apply for as they do a lot of promotion from within.

If you're fresh out of college with no work experience, this may be a good first job for you.

Cons

The Management Training program hardly teaches you anything about management or helps you grow in any area other than selling rental car coverage. Before your promotion to Management Assistant, they try to cram some knowledge regarding company culture, rental risk management, and a very basic level of business management. However, it seems most employees don't understand a deep level of business management and quickly forget half of the stuff they had to learn prior to their promotion.

They constantly advertise big money if you stick in the rental side of the business, but you have to pay your dues for at least five years of not making very good money and working long hours. When you interview with the company, they try to advertise a healthy work-life balance and only working until 5:30 or 6 Monday through Friday, but then when you take the job, upper management tells you that if you want to move up, you will need to work at an airport at some point, which are open 365 days of the year and working terrible hours in the day.

As mentioned, the company offers generous benefits including a fair amount of Paid Time Off. However, employees struggle to use their PTO because managers won't approve their requests. Then their PTO accumulates to the maximum amount of days and are wasted.

Also, this place is an HR nightmare! Many mistakes occur from all levels of management. It's a wonder that this company hasn't been a defendant in more class action lawsuits, whether it be due to labor law or other.

Advice to Management

Make better efforts in improving the work life balance for employees. Also, focus more on training management with regard to HR. Too many mistakes are being made that leave the company liable.

Finally, focus more on the actual training of employees. Prior to joining the company, it was advertised as a good program. That may work with college grads with no experience, but to others that have worked in management elsewhere, the program is actually quite disappointing compared to other companies' programs.

May 18, 2016 – Employer Brand Senior Specialist

Thanks for your feedback. I'm curious if you'd be willing to go into more detail regarding the mistakes that you saw come out of your HR department. If you want to connect to discuss your experience... More

"Hard work no money"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, Easy job to get out of college despite degree.

Cons

Long long long work hours 55 hour weeks. Pay is horrible for the amount of time put in. Management does not really respect you. Have to clean cars in a full suit. Have to be a driver a lot of the times.

Advice to Management

You need to focus on keeping your employees happy. Taking advantage of your employees is not fun and we are college graduates not some car prep or driver.

Showing 49 of 8,417 reviews