Enterprise Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Enterprise Los Angeles Reviews

Updated July 20, 2017

Los Angeles, CA Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 385 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 574 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be difficult to some individuals (in 1356 reviews)

• No work/life balance whatsoever (in 490 reviews)

"Assistant Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great initial training for new employees. Awesome co-workers, motivated middle management. I really have nothing bad to say about Enterprise until I was promoted to management.

Cons

Compensation is all over the place when you promote to assistant. Things that are beyond your control (ie government contracts) can severly affect your bottom line. Enterprise says they pay assistants 51k, I never made more than 40.

The customers are the toughest I've ever had to deal with at any point in my long career in sales... they really grind you down after a while.

No work life balance AT ALL. I worked 60+ hours a week with one day off per week for a year and a half. When my manager suddenly quit it got even worse and that was when I left.

Advice to Management

Realize that your Branch and Assistant Managers are mere human beings. You can't ask for everything and give nothing back. I would definitely change the wages and the com mission structure as well as the hours to make it bearable.

"Branch mgr 6 yrs (600+ car branch) Orange County, Ca"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will meet some cool people that will be your friends for life. This is also a negative because it makes it harder to quit (and believe me, they know this, it's designed this way)

Cons

"Now that I look back, I wish I had stayed at Enterprise"

-said no one ever

How much time ya got? Haha
    Oh you just worked a 12hr day, didn't take a lunch, you want to home and see your family? sorry we have a mandatory happy hour, it'll look real bad to the higher ups if you don't go.

If you don't drink the Kool-aide there is no hope.

If you are dead set on working here, my advice is become an Asst Mgr then quit. It does look good on a resume, simply for the fact that employer know how mistreated and overworked Enterprise employees are. It will also make whatever your next job is seem like a piece of cake (by comparison)

Advice to Management

The higher up the ladder you go, the more you realize there really is no autonomy. Everyone is just following orders from their boss, literally no original ideas or thought from anyone. The people at the top are people that have worked for enterprise since they were 22 and have never had a job anywhere else, not a lot of practical real world work experience, they are just good at following orders, and kissing butt.

3. "Enterprise Review"

Former Employee - Management Asss in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Asss in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great promotion opportunities and management development.

Cons

Long hours, starting pay, lack of commission on contract sales, and strict dressing policy.

Advice to Management

Higher wages for entry level college graduates. The workload that is required and the standard to which each employee is held to should reflect in higher pay or bonus structure. Also dress policy should be lightened.

"Great first time job for fresh out of college!"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

On-going training, career development, support from upper management, and a team player environment. It's a huge company, so there's good medical benefits, 401k with company match & profit sharing. I've learned a lot working there for 12 years. I've met a lot of great people! My experiences at enterprise has helped prepare me for future career advancement.

Cons

Higher pay, more vacation days, more holidays, guilt free PTO day off, more staff in certain divisions, and less strict dress code. If the company changes all of these things I would have retired there.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide on-going training to employees & support when needed. Offer competitive salaries for similar positions in the industry. Take care of your employees better so that the good ones stay.

5. "Hub Driver"

Current Employee - Hub Driver in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Hub Driver in Carson, CA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super easy job, flexible, laid back

Cons

low pay, some disrespectful employees

Advice to Management

Make sure employees are treating others with respect at all times.

""Quick advancement but no work-life balance""

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's plenty of opportunity to advance quickly if you work hard and create a good reputation of yourself. They give you random sales rewards like gift cards, happy hours, and recreational half days. The average age range in the first couple levels of management tend to be 26-30 making it a fun, young, energetic environment. The company also has a variety of different divisions to crossover into.

Cons

No work life balance; it's all work. You barely see your family and friends. Customers are always the first priority so you consistently feel disrespected and verbally abused as customers that cause problems tend to be illogical, selfish and condescending. For those looking to make a social impact look elsewhere as this is just a good place to build your managerial skills and collect a paycheck. It's a great place to start but not to finish.

Advice to Management

Stop burning out your employees.

7. "great first out of college job"

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

amazing people, great training program, mentors

Cons

pay is not guaranteed, hours are long

8. "High Standards"

Former Freelancer - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Freelancer - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard and be focused you have a lot of opportunity!

Cons

Long hours, nights and some weekends

Advice to Management

keep providing feedback and coaching on career development

"Don't drink the kool aid"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great! You bond over long strenuous hours and a common enemy (the company and customers)

FYI most of these positive reviews are made by employees who are told to post positive reviews by recruiters.

Cons

Well there isn't a limit to the cons, the hours are ridiculous! You're always watching your back and walking on eggshells at the threat of getting fired for non performance. Selling insurance products that you don't need. The people who drink the kool aid here are the worst their whole lives revolve around ERAC. Once you leave you see the light no person in their right mind would work that many hours for that low of pay. If u want to see what real employees say about working there go to the Facebook page "things I learned at enterprise" this way you get a real picture of what it's like to work here.

Only reason they hire college grads right out of school Ian because they don't know any better. No 30 year old with a family would work here they have too much sense.

Advice to Management

Please stop spreading the lie that it will be worth it to stick it out. No amount of money is worth your freedom, friends and family.

"Not bad but not great."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my co-workers and some of the management were solid people I could trust to provide great guidance. Learned about a new industry for myself and gained good experience and business knowledge.

Cons

There are so many employees that most end up feelings like they are just a pawn in the ERAC game. I didn’t agree with the company policies on selling and up-selling.

Advice to Management

I understand that their success is directly tied to the success of the employees but they should really try to establish a more genuine relationship with their employees so people will take stock in their job and really own it

Showing 265 of 8,058 reviews