Enterprise Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Enterprise Los Angeles Reviews

Updated August 9, 2017

Los Angeles, CA Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 386 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 583 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1382 reviews)

• No work/life balance whatsoever (in 499 reviews)

"Don't drink the kool aid"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are great! You bond over long strenuous hours and a common enemy (the company and customers)

FYI most of these positive reviews are made by employees who are told to post positive reviews by recruiters.

Cons

Well there isn't a limit to the cons, the hours are ridiculous! You're always watching your back and walking on eggshells at the threat of getting fired for non performance. Selling insurance products that you don't need. The people who drink the kool aid here are the worst their whole lives revolve around ERAC. Once you leave you see the light no person in their right mind would work that many hours for that low of pay. If u want to see what real employees say about working there go to the Facebook page "things I learned at enterprise" this way you get a real picture of what it's like to work here.

Only reason they hire college grads right out of school Ian because they don't know any better. No 30 year old with a family would work here they have too much sense.

Advice to Management

Please stop spreading the lie that it will be worth it to stick it out. No amount of money is worth your freedom, friends and family.

"Not bad but not great."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my co-workers and some of the management were solid people I could trust to provide great guidance. Learned about a new industry for myself and gained good experience and business knowledge.

Cons

There are so many employees that most end up feelings like they are just a pawn in the ERAC game. I didn’t agree with the company policies on selling and up-selling.

Advice to Management

I understand that their success is directly tied to the success of the employees but they should really try to establish a more genuine relationship with their employees so people will take stock in their job and really own it

"Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great sales training
    Excellent company culture (happy hours, lunches, team events and parties)
    Pretty Secure Job (if your sales are above average)
    Good starter sales position

Cons

Long hours (60 hours a week)
    Standing for most of the day (especially at the airport branches)
    Have to wear a suit every day (no matter how hot it is outside)
    Can only wear a white shirt every day (with limited exceptions and no matter how easily sweat stained they are)
    Have to be clean shaven, no beards except a moustache
    Customers can be mean
    NO COMMISSION no matter how much you sell
    No Life

Advice to Management

Reduce hours to 40 hours a week and pay your employees the same. People have lives outside of work and this sort of schedule gives you no time to even think clearly.

4. "Manager in Training"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great place to make friends and like minded people

Cons

Can be a bit competitive and stressful

Advice to Management

Get to know each employee strengths and weaknesses

5. "Great experience in customer service and sales"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendships and connections, experience, can be fast moving if the opportunities fall your way, good starting position in the working world

Cons

Bad hours, your career is judged by some simple survey calls that are out of date by about 10 years in simple technology

6. "Branch Manager"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with are dedicated. Great business experience.

Cons

Long hours, Regional and office politics

7. "Good company"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, great career path to work your way up in the company, promotions performance based, lots of opportunity.

Cons

Work a lot of hours 55 to 60 sometimes, difficult customers at times, work/life balance.

Advice to Management

None.

8. "Great Building Block"

Former Employee - Enterprise Rent A Car - Assistant Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Rent A Car - Assistant Manager in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved all the people I've met at Enterprise. I loved the fast paced environment. I loved learning and being rewarded for hard work. Believe me you'll work hard and if you want an easy gig do not apply please because your will not last long. Enterprise was fun and is great at the branch level for college graduates.

Cons

Long hours and low pay. I left because I couldn't afford to provide for my family and my new son. If I was single I would still be at enterprise.

Advice to Management

Be realistic and staff stores properly. I felt there wasn't enough support if we were bodies down.

"Modern Day Slavery"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resume Builder.
    You will meet a few life long friends.
    Job stability- the company is desperate. You have to really screw up to get fired.

Cons

Everything about the nature of the business. Customers treat you like garbage. Execs laugh while branches have literally zero cars with 40 plus reservations. People don't like renting cars and you they will ensure you're aware of it. You will work Christmas Eve, Day after Christmas, Black Friday, I could go on and on. There is NO work-life balance. It's non existent. You will arrive to work at 7, or earlier, and you'll get off at 6:30 IF you're lucky. The computer systems are literally the most outdated pieces of garbage you can imagine. The phone doesn't stop ringing and you will genuinely start to go mentally crazy.

Having said all that, if you make it a year, you will look back on all of that as one of the most challenging, if not the most challenging, year(s) in your life. Only a select a few can make it, and when you end up at an amazing company because of your time at Enterprise, you'll look back at all those miserable. Stressful. Exhausting. Degrading memories
    and laugh..........

Advice to Management

It's 2016. You have to stand by your employees, value them, and most of all, LISTEN TO THEM. They are your biggest asset.

10. "Regional Vice President"

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Career advancement and income opportunities are unbelievable and there are so many amazing people in this organization.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. You will get out what you put in to the company. You will work hard and be rewarded for your hard work.

Advice to Management

Attitude is everything and a long term vision will help make you successful here.

Showing 267 of 8,197 reviews