Enterprise Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Enterprise Los Angeles Reviews

Updated June 14, 2017

Los Angeles, CA Area

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 382 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 564 reviews)

Cons

1. "Started from the Bottom!"

Current Employee - Senior Truck Account Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Truck Account Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office lunches are great.
    You will get out of the office a lot as well.
    Quick promotions if you're willing to travel.

Cons

Long hours
    Low pay
    No real pay raises.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and change the structure.

2. "Area Rental Manager"

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, Great team environment, Clear career path, Learn how to run a business, MBA without the IOU!

Cons

Requires employees to be focused on performing at a high level in order to be successful.

3. "Rewarding Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I have been with Enterprise for 18 years and have been able to achieve a long term rewarding career. Enterprise took me in when I had little experience and gave me great Sales, Customer Service and Leadership skills. I have been lucky to find a company that I have been able to grow with and continue to advance in.

Cons

The key with Enterprise is to understand that you will get out of it what you put in. You have to enjoy giving all you have every day and feeling a sense of accomplishment. You also need to enjoy competition in a team environment.

Advice to Management

Management is fair and rewards those that takes the most ownership in the business. In my opinion nothing is perfect, but when I look overall the culture is to advance those that have shown the most performance and ability.

4. "Great job out of college"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Redondo Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Redondo Beach, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learn how to operate a business. Learn how to take rejection. 1 min to get the customer to like me. Moved quickly up the ladder to assistant manager. Learn different sales styles and ways to approach different people. Would work here again! You are in the driving seat..

Cons

Worked Long hours. No vacations. Under staffed. Under-paid. Life-work balance didn't exist. Not a place to start a family but a place to start a career or your stepping stone to your next career. I really did enjoy working for the company, this was where I learned.... A great sales person is not selling

Advice to Management

Work close to ALL employees and not just the top producer. My Area Manager Jeff, best area manager who was always there to encourage me and gave me confidence to keep going. I did well with ERAC because I felt like Erac was my own business

5. "Best company to start your career! No need to look elsewhere!"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, constant growth opportunities, promotion from within and the best of all - THE PEOPLE. The people in the company is what gets me going everyday. Enterprise has its Management Trainee Program figured out! The sky is the limit! You will be challenged at any level of your career, but you will always feel accomplished once you have overcome the challenges. The goal of the company is to develop you into a VP/GM/CEO of the company. The program has developed many great leaders in the company and you will get to meet many great mentors in your career. The company will provide all the tools for you to be successful but it is up to YOU if YOU want it BAD enough to keep climbing to the TOP!

Cons

Hours may be long in the beginning (49 hours for MT, 53 hours for Assistant and Branch Managers). But just like anything you do in life you have to put in the hours and pay your dues before you become successful. If you cannot commit to working hard in the first few years of your career, then good luck being successful wherever you go!

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work and keep taking care of the employees!

6. "Amazing"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is great place to work to learn how to run a business from the ground up. Can't beat Performance based promotions!

Cons

Due to great relationships it can sometimes be hard to take a promotion to leave your team. Keep in mind we work to get promoted and we can always maintain friendships working at different stores.

Advice to Management

Trust but verify

7. "No life outside of work"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Ventura, CA

Pros

Benefits, cool people, and great discounts on rental

Cons

50 + hrs every week, sometimes even more. Preference

Advice to Management

Take a closer look of managers. Some of them are sneaky

8. "I am so GRATEFUL for this company and the Opportunties!"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great place to start a career, met great people and teaches you to have a strong work ethic. I have never had any issues financially since starting here right out of school. If you want to be successful here you will be; its up to you what you want; you cannot make excuses.

Cons

It is long days but anything hard is always worth it. You deal with customers; if you don't let the 2% get to you its great.

9. "Management Trainee Program"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enterprise is a company that truly lives by their founding values. Enteprise is a great career that teaches you all the ins and outs to running a business. Enterprise provides constant trainings at every level in the employees career. Working for enterprise is equivalent to receiving a masters in business.

Cons

With performance being a factor for promotions, it can get very stressful for the employee at times. But just like any job, performance can be stressful anywhere but at least enterprise gives you continuous training at the branches and the corporate office

Advice to Management

Continue to stay close with your employees careers.

10. "Great place where teamwork rules!"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Full benefits, only promote from within, great training program, great people, company car at Branch Manager level and above, and fun place to be! You get in what you put in. They truly believe in promoting the hardworking employees that are performing. The sky is the limit with this company and has endless opportunities for growth! Highly recommended!

Cons

Hours will be long in the beginning, but like any career that is going to give you opportunity, you have to put in the work.

Showing 261 of 7,934 reviews