Enterprise Management Trainee Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 386 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 583 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1382 reviews)

• No work/life balance whatsoever (in 499 reviews)

1. "Enterprise"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of room to grow.

Cons

Long hours, 50+ hours/week.

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet some cool people
    Company perks
    Polish your driving skills
    No cell phone policy

Cons

No work life balance. Working from 7am to almost 7 pm is taxing.
    Always seems to be short staffed
    Everything is based on numbers, which causes people to do unethical things to meet the unrealistic goals.
    Unethical people get promoted
    If management in your area is bad, you get stuck and will never get promoted
    Company is almost cult like. You can't say anything against enterprise.
    Washing cars by hand in dress clothes
    Strict dress code

Advice to Management

Stop making people work 11-12 hours a day
    Stop making everything about sales goals. Different people have strengths
    Loosen up the dress code. It's 2017. I shouldn't have to take out my tiny nose stud because the dress code is stuck in the 50s
    Offer different avenues of work to people who aren't interested in sales. Fix the New York Group. Enterprises outside of NY seem to have better cars, amenities and An overall better system

"Best place to develop yourself!"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- There is an environment of development and improvement which can be noticed as soon as you start working for the company. Everyone around is willing to contribute to your personal and professional growth.
    - Team work is seen everyday.
    - There are many opportunities for growth in terms of career advancement withing the company. The best part of this is that Enterprise hires from within.

Cons

I have found none in the past two moths, which is what I have working for the company.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating and taking good care of your employees.

Aug 11, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thanks so much for the great review! Keep up the great work in West Valley City!!

4. "Work Hard"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training program, co worker and time off

Cons

long hours, washing cars, different customers

Advice to Management

more staff

"Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, amazing networking, sales and team driven, quick promotions and good earning potentials

Cons

Work life balance can be a struggle, but you work hard, and they reward hard work.

Aug 14, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thanks for your review!

6. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great beginner/entry level experience. Great way to get your foot in the door of customer service, sales, or a business development role.

Cons

Hours are awful (especially if your branch is open on Sundays), pay is not good unless you're getting 20 hours of over time a week. Depending on your branch, you may not sit down the whole day and you get to deal with entitled customers. They say their culture is about upward mobility but there are tons of people internally going for the same position as you. Even as a manager, you're still getting yelled at each day by customers.

Advice to Management

Provide more staffing when branches need it, let people focus on business aspects of the job than rather being selling machines. Give better hours.

Aug 11, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you so much for your hard work! We truly appreciate all that you do each day to provide amazing service to our customers, and we know that sometimes that means long hours and lots of time on... More

"Don't Drink the Kool-Aid"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people I work with are really the only thing that occasionally make me smile while at work nowadays. Enterprise attracts some really great individuals, for some reason, despite the crap they're forced to go through on a daily basis.

Cons

Unless you graduated college with the intentions of running around in professional business attire in literally every kind of weather (I cannot count how many times I've spent twelve hours straight in soaking wet clothes from rain because of this place) and getting screamed at by irate customers at least three times a day, don't accept an offer from Enterprise. I've spent the last year and a half watching incompetent people get promoted again and again because they can sell, despite having ZERO management abilities whatsoever. I literally am teaching my managers how to do things on a daily basis because of this. Don't buy into it. It is not a good opportunity, the only thing you learn is how to tolerate getting screamed at regularly. There is zero work/life balance and the hours are outrageous. You have zero control over your schedule and are essentially deemed worthless unless you are a top seller in your region.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting solely based on sales numbers. You get ridiculously inexperienced and clueless people in management while the others who actually know how things run get stuck behind doing all the work. Also, pay your entry level employees better. Somehow you've managed to convince them that they're compensated well (roughly $39,000-$41,000/year), but no one seems to realize it's because it's hourly. I work FIFTY-FIVE HOURS PER WEEK. That's ridiculous.

Aug 11, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you for leaving a review. I'm sorry you're having a negative experience, but am hoping that you'll share more with me directly, so that we can reach out to the local team with your concerns. If... More

8. "More Pain than Gain"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in South Florida, FL

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot about sales, management, and business. Since they hire people right out of college, you work with people your own age.

Cons

Upper management is sexist, they force you to sell unethically if you want to get promoted, they overwork and underpay you because you don't know any better. They sell you on a dream of 6 figures within a year which does NOT happen. You are lucky to make $35k. Get your experience and get out!

Aug 11, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

We pride ourselves on treating our customers and employees fairly and with the highest ethical standards. I'm sorry that you had this type of experience during your time with Enterprise. I would... More

9. "Beware"

Former Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flex days for the weeks you have to work 6 days a week.

Cons

Being caught in the crossfire of customers upset by decisions made by branch managers.
    Low compensation

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be more organized and in tune with whats going on at branches. Branch managers "fake" that everything is running smoothly when Area Managers visit.

Aug 11, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you for the review. I'm concerned about your statement about branch managers faking a well-run branch. Can you reach out to me with additional details about where this is occurring, so we can... More

10. "Great Foot in the Door"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really fun when the team is made up of similar aged people and everyone is focused on having fun. Great way to learn the risks and benefits of business and also implement training provided to see personal growth and confidence.

Cons

Often under staffed and generally a chaotic work atmosphere. Due to the nature of the business, it is difficult to stay organized and prepared when you can not be sure of how many vehicles you will have available.

Advice to Management

Spend more time on employee development. The founding values place employee development as one of the most important tools for a successful business but the follow through down the corporate ladder is not always as strait forward.

Aug 11, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you for your review. I've sent your concerns about lack of employee development to the HR Manager over your operating group.