Enterprise Management Trainee Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 371 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 546 reviews)

1. "Hard work paid off"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Queens Village, NY
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Queens Village, NY

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you exceed their expectation in sales and service you will get far. Management is within reach. Easy to network as they always have events and happy hour throughout the year. The pay is good.

Cons

long hours. White young male preferred as it is car related industry. If you network well and is friend with the right people you will get where you want to be without having to go through the steps as everyone else.

Advice to Management

Underwriting should be monitored and audited as well when it comes to employee working hours.

2. "Great for professional work experience"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fresno, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, fast-paced, learn a lot. Great entry level job to get experience even if you don't plan to make it a career.

Cons

Long hours, pay not great

"Company that invests in employees"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Waycross, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Waycross, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, opportunity to move up, great benefits, family oriented company, excellent training and preparation for new hires. I enjoyed the interview process and liked everyone I met.

Cons

Long work week. Customer service in general can just be rough but it's worth it for what you get paid. 40k starting out is beyond competitive.

5. "Sales Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Sales Management Trainee in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, helpful coworkers, learn a lot. Because it is a management trainee program, they do their best to bring you into the innerworkings of the business so that you learn a great deal about how running a business works.

Cons

Long hours, not that great benefits.

6. "Good Benefits & Pay. ..Long Hours"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enterprise takes great care of their customers and employees. We provide excellent benefits and the pay is also good.

Cons

Work hours are long with a minimum of 49 hours per week worked. This is a sales based position and promotion only comes if you do well selling their protection products.

Advice to Management

Start off strong and keep the momentum going. If you are decent you should promote within one year to an assistant management position. From then the sky is the limit if you stick with the company.

7. "Great company to work for"

Former Intern - Management Trainee in Westwood, MA
    Former Intern - Management Trainee in Westwood, MA

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

great communication and help from management/other experienced employees. Phenomenal HR department that strives to keep every employee happy.

Cons

Work can get very stressful/busy depending on branch location.

8. "Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome training and leadership. Couldn't be happier.

Cons

Long hours but compensated well for them.

"Great place to begin your career but prepare to work LONG hours."

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great. My coworkers are what helped me make it through the day. Opportunity to grow & to gain management skills. It's also great that ERAC has other business. So if you perform well, you're able to move to another segment of the company, which is great. The Christmas party is fantastic! For the most part, senior leaders are pretty approachable & open to meeting with employees at any level. It's very easy to communicate with those you aspire to be like or aspire to one day have their position. It's all about how you network. As an MT, the VP of my region knows me by name & always encourages me to reach out to her. She's literally just an email away. The company makes it very easy to network, and most people are always willing to lend advice if you ever feel like you're in a slump. Perform well, and you will go far and gain a lot.

Cons

The work hours! This is probably the biggest con. It's not rare to work a 7-7 shift. Branch managers try to give employees some work life balance, but anytime you're working 46 hours + on a regular basis, it's pretty impossible to have that balance. I'll say that maaaaaaany employees are married to or dating other enterprise employees. Just shows how much we are here. It can also be extremely annoying to never have cars but customers are still making reservations. Some people thrive on that; I don't. Lack of communication or consistency. Sometimes when you're following protocol, a manager can overrule you, making you look like an idiot in front of the customer. Pay is decent, but for as long as we work & all the BS we have to put up with, we should be making way more! Plus for higher ups, money can be hit or miss depending on how the branch performs.

Advice to Management

Back your employees. Find a better way to manage those hours. Great company; but who wants to work there if I barely get to see my family members and loved ones.

"Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Redding, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Redding, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay (I started at 45k/year before taxes), Amazing Training, Great Corporate Structure, Amazing Corporate Management, Good Benefits, Fast Paced, Working Outside (Nice weather)

Cons

Long Hours, Hours are generally 7am-6:30pm at my branch, Dealing with Trashy Customers, Retail, Working Outside (bad weather), Washing Cars (not hard but annoying as someone with a Bachelors), Tiring, A lot to learn, Selling coverage most people don't need

Advice to Management

Offer commissions on coverage sales or don't count sales numbers for promotion, with home city branches make hours 9 am-5pm and adjust pay,

11. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will work with some of the most amazing people. You will learn a ton in a very short amount of time.

Cons

You will work! The hours will be long, the attitude is 'never say die' and the rewards will be weak. It is extremely difficult to get promoted unless you are part of a certain minority group that will become obvious very quickly. They do not pay enough at lower levels for what they ask of employees.

Advice to Management

Work on the compensation plan: expecting employees to wash cars, standing out in the rain while in suits on that budget is lunacy.