Enterprise Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1450 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 515 reviews)

1. "intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Enterprise as an intern

Pros

good internship would recommend

Cons

there was not anything I did not like about the experience

"A Place Where You Can GO Somewhere"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're an ambitious professional and a high achiever that's looking for a place where you can actually be rewarded for the work you do, then this is a role worth looking into!

The best thing to me about Enterprise is the ability to have control. In may career opportunities you get capped, held back, or cut out of the loop when it comes to promotional opportunities because they prefer using tenure, external resources, or the good ol' boy system.

Here, when you work hard and get results, you'll be rewarded. It's not about who you know, but what you do. I had a lot of friends that started with sexier sounding jobs that I did, but in 3.5 years I had had 4 promotions and was running my own store - a lot of my friends were still in the same position and maybe had had one or two pay grade increases, but no major changes! Yuck!

I wanted growth, opportunity, advancement, teamwork, and fun. This is a career that all about what you make it. Fall in love with daily rental and the team or begin looking at pursing one of the many other divisions that make up Enterprise! With exclusive internal promotions...there's no limit how far you can go.

Cons

It's all about attitude. Most of the things I hear people complain about were never an issue for me. The reality of the job is that it can be tough, stressful, and trying at times. There are things that you don't necessarily want to do that just need to get done...but that's true of almost any job. It's not just about what you do, but where you're going. If you're going to invest time into a career path, embrace "The Suck" of employment, then you might as well do it somewhere where you can actually have some pretty fantastic outcomes, great co-workers, and a lot of rewards.

I wanted a role where my investment actually brought me a return. But this isn't a easy sailing position. It will take work if you want to be successful - but what doesn't? Looking back at all the challenges I've faced throughout my career, I wouldn't change any of them. They were hard to get through in the moment but I always had a support network to lean into.

Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week. I came home every night exhausted for the first few months until I adjusted. Once you get your grove down there's a lot of flexibility that comes with 6 and 7 day locations. Learning how to maximize my team has been an invaluable skill!

You'll have managers you'd walk through a wall for, but sometimes you get paired with Managers who have a style that doesn't fit you - do what I did, learn what you don't want to take with you, work hard, and get your own office and run it the way you want to! There's always something to learn in every situation!

Advice to Management

Consistently network and develop relationships. The more connections you make the more people you have to lean on when you need it - and make sure to support them back!

If you're not good at something, figure out how to get good at it! Know what your strengths are, lean into those, but learn how to balance out your weaknesses. Find an informal mentor who is somewhere in the career path where you want to be!

Enterprise Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you so much for the great review and all of the detail you provided! This is a great introduction to the Management Training Program for interested candidates.

3. "Stay away! Anyone looking for work deserves better than this company."

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, truthfully. Just a lot of wasted time and energy. It will only hold you back from your future career.

Cons

52-60 hour week minimum.
    No lunch breaks.
    Low pay (they continuously lower it, but try to tell you they are helping you out).
    They sell you a dream but never give you the tools to get there. Expectations are unachievable for even the best.
    Washing cars in dress clothes, go through 4 pairs of shoes per year.
    Unprofessional environment, top to bottom, customers hate everything about the company.
    Tell you to book every reservation even when you run out of cars and they make you lie to customers about their reserved car.
    To be successful, you have to lie, cheat, and be selfish to good people that don't deserve it... only company I know that REWARDS this behavior.
    No time at home, most people in this company end up divorced because they can never leave the office.
    The turnover is one of the highest out there and that's for a reason, the numbers don't lie.
    If you're going to take the job, keep your resume updated and look for better-paying sales jobs that will treat you right. Don't stay more than a year or it gets way worse.

Advice to Management

Without knowing where to begin, all I can say is start focusing on your actual talent. Too many lazy, selfish, dishonest people move up in the company and it's probably too late to make a change now.

Enterprise Response

Aug 28, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thanks for your feedback. I'm curious if you'd be willing to go into more detail regarding the issues you mention in your review. If you want to connect to discuss your experience in further detail... More

4. "Great place to start off at"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Pgh Int ArPort, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Pgh Int ArPort, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to be in charge of your career and how far and quick you want to move up with a company, Enterprise is the choice for you. They give you the tools to be your own boss, and the chance to fast track your career to multiple promotions within a timely manor.

Cons

the job does require some long shifts, but it does pay off in the long run

5. "Deceptive hiring"

Former Employee - Service Agent in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Service Agent in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot say there are any pros except I did get paid on time.

Cons

Pay, management, career advancement. Lead me to believe I was going to be splitting time in management training and vehicle prep. Spent absolutely no time in management training.

Advice to Management

Be more honest during interview process

6. "enterprise job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

easy job to do and pay is okay for just cleaning cars

Cons

Can get boring after awhile cleaning the cars

7. "Management trainee"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable income, growth potential, training program

Cons

Alot of male preference despite female corporate figure, zero flexibility in training program.

8. "Management Assistant"

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Fun work atmosphere, great benefits, vacation/choice time

Cons

Hours, promotions on likability, customer frustration

Advice to Management

Plan a different work schedule

9. "Great Opportunity!!"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

I have worked at Enterprise for over 2 years. In that time, I have learned an incredible amount in Sales, Customer Service, and how to run your own business. You learn everything about this company from the ground up. One of the founding values of the company is "We work hard, and reward hard work" and that is 100% accurate. I have had a blast since I have started at Enterprise and if you put in the work, you will be rewarded.

Cons

The hours are long and aren't for everyone but if you are career driven and money motivated, you will be very successful at Enterprise.

Advice to Management

Don't lose focus on training and developing younger employees. Keep giving instant feedback whenever a new or experienced employee does something to make them realize you are paying attention

10. "Opportunity provided"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enterprise is willing to hire you with little to no professional working experience. There is plenty of opportunity to move up through internal promotions, most of which are performance based. This is a good company to start a career with and use as a springboard to a better opportunity.

Cons

Long hours, pissed off customers, trying to find cars when one simply does not exist, entitled area managers, churn and burn employees, and did I mention hours? If you are willing to work over 60+ hours a week, then you won't mind that aspect of the job. Any job where you deal with the general public can be a challenge, this one seems to take the cake. A large portion of your customers consist of people who just wrecked their own vehicle, are pissed off, and have to deal with filing an insurance claim, finding a bodyshop to repair their car, then finally dealing with the rental. This leads to plenty of unfound tension from the customer.

Advice to Management

It is a simple business and Enterprise is easily the best rental car brand out there.

Showing 50 of 8,617 reviews