Enterprise Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Jim Teague

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company, excellent pay and benefits, fosters a great working environment (in 16 reviews)

• Profit sharing program and good benefits (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Lousy Corporate Culture, no bonuses (in 6 reviews)

• Top-down management, can be stressful work environment in Houston (in 4 reviews)

1. "Enterprise Products"

Current Employee - Senior Corrosion Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Corrosion Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Management
    Flexible Schedule
    Ongoing training provided

Cons

Location
    Poor communication and collaboration across departments

2. "Excellent Company to work for"

I have been working at Enterprise Products full-time

Pros

Benefits and work to personal life balance.

Cons

None at this time management is transparent

3. "Excellent company to work for and benefits are outstanding."

Former Employee - Measurement Specialist in Seabrook, TX
    Former Employee - Measurement Specialist in Seabrook, TX

I worked at Enterprise Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy to gain access to training, emergency response team is easy to join, great co workers, competitive salary across the board.

Cons

Management lacks the ability to communicate well, the company is extremely hard to get on with, they have changed so many rules it's pretty easy to get canned

Advice to Management

Always talk to your guys and falls before assuming

4. "Pipeline tech"

I have been working at Enterprise Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

its good pay and benefits

Cons

no cons that come to mind

Advice to Management

none

5. "Great People and Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very professional, nice people, fair salary

Cons

Maybe too professional, they say the dress is business casual but if you don't dress business professional (including heels) you don't fit in

Have some fun guys! It's work not torture.

Advice to Management

Try for a better work atmosphere

6. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Enterprise Products full-time

Pros

Company has a lot of learning potential for anyone who is interested in the marketing and commercial side of the Oil and Gas industry.

Cons

There is no formal training or review criteria for new/younger employees. You learn via trial by fire and many things you are just expected to know without being taught.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in developing younger employees by giving more formal training courses and having a set evaluation criteria.

7. "Depends on which department you work for"

I worked at Enterprise Products full-time

Pros

Good pay, generous bonus and stock grants, company values doing the right thing in its operations.

Cons

Management is entirely top-down, lower and mid-level managers are not empowered to make decisions. Job performance motivated by fear of superiors. Corporate policies on dress, vacation, work schedule, and travel are freely modified to be far more strict and punitive based on what management feels their superiors expect. Some departments are very well-run, with motivated employees advancing based on merit and enjoying a professional work environment. Other departments are run by petty dictators managing by shouting, demeaning, and coercing workers while promoting favorites regardless of ability, experience, or qualifications.

Advice to Management

Look at turnover rates, when a director cycles through managers and staff every year to two years perhaps it is time to evaluate the director on something other than his or her budget.

"Great company, worst management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for Enterprise for 8 1/2 years until 2011 when they were off 290 and 610. The first few years were great and felt like I was treated great with much to look forward to. Pay was good, could've been more but I get the way the corporate world and politics works.

Cons

Somewhere along the middle of my employment with Enterprise things got bad with the manager and supervisor to where I felt like I was stuck there with no chance of promotion or growth. They were not shy about yelling your name across the room for everyone in your department to hear if they saw something they did not like. Even after I repeatedly asked politely for them not to do so. On several occasions I would talk to the manager regarding the treatment and the majority of the times her response would be "It's because your a Mexican and Mexicans don't like to be talked to in a certain way." When I asked to be transferred to a different department the response was always a quick "NO!" and on one occasion there was an opportunity for me to work at a different Enterprise office but unbeknownst to me she (the manager) turned the job down for me and I wasn't informed of any of that information until months later when the manager at the other office told me about it. When I confronted her (My Manager) about this and asked why she would do that without informing me, all I got was "Because I need you here." Not putting my future with Enterprise into any consideration.

When I finally had enough I set a meeting with HR. As soon as the HR Rep walked in and saw that my manager and the HR Rep knew each other and greeted each other with a hug I knew at that moment that I had no chance. I still went forward with my complaint and was told that sense I had no record of these events they could not do anything and should continue to do my job and avoid moments that would lead up to more awkward moments with her.

I still have contact with several Enterprise employees and from what I hear things have just gotten worse with my previous manager and some can't believe that she still works there with the way she treats employees.

Advice to Management

Give people the equal opportunities that Enterprise says they have and don't let department managers have final say. Some of them are not always out for whats good for the company or employee. I would still love to be an Enterprise employee, just not with her.

9. "Commercial Account Mangager"

Former Employee - Senior Commercial Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Commercial Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very good opportunities for advancement

Cons

Low job security; decisions throughout the company to promote and fire are made by one person only.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Transportation Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Transportation Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enterprise Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome benefits, good people and supervisors.

Cons

Must pay for parking in downtown.

Advice to Management

Always push people up.