Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

2,069 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, people from every level are willing to help you out (in 395 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 593 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1411 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 505 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Company and Career"

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

I have been with Enterprise Holdings for 7+ years now. I can't say enough about how great of a company Enterprise is to be a part of. I am currently an Area Manager and just like everybody else in the company started my career as a Management Trainee. The MT program is an all inclusive program that gives you the tools needed every step of the way to learn the business. The company truly promotes on success. The company truly has an employees first mindset. Our mission statement states that if we take care of our employees and customers then profits will follow and we see that with every action throughout my career. Once you become a manager you have a fantastic ability to increase your own paycheck by being successful. I recently was able to achieve a promotion where the company paid on their own expense to move me and my family across the country.

Cons

The most common complaints we hear initially are the long work weeks. It is a change to be on a 49 hour work week from day 1 but with everything you do throughout the day a 49 hour week goes much quicker than a 40 hour work week at most other jobs. You truly get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

Your ability to build your pay plan and truly make an impact in customers and employees as you move up through the company is an amazing opportunity!

2. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the opportunities, you are in control of your career and the promotion from within is the best. You work hard and they will reward you. I enjoy my team/family and I'm looking forward in moving my career forward with Enterprise.

Cons

Long hours (50 hours), customer can be a little challenging and you have to wash cars.

3. "Enterprise entertainment account specialist"

Current Employee - Enterprise Entertainment Account Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only 40-45 hours, oppurtunity to advance with commission as a senior account specialist, great team environment

Cons

Difficult accounts, quick decision making skills needed in pressure situations

4. "Great Opportunity - Long Term"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, ability to advance, great training, long-term stability, compensation gets VERY good if you put in the time and perform.

Cons

Some customers are rude, the general manager is cheap and doesn't spend money on his lower level employees, Austin regional manager is a know-it-all, negative, and sends emails after hours and on the weekend. Why would I want your job?

Advice to Management

What good is making a ton of money if your employees don't respect you or enjoy working for you?

5. "Fantastic experience with great culture and opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They provide a ton of on-the-job Training and development, promotions are all from within, great company culture, escalating pay and competitive environment.

Cons

They challenge you and the work can get repetitive. Long hours and after hour events can be taxing on work/life balance

Advice to Management

Need to adapt to new work force and find ways to limit the hours or alternatives to after-hour events

6. "personal assistant"

Current Employee - Assistant in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time

Pros

has a good set day scedule

Cons

no consistancy of set hours

7. "Enterprise Rent A Car"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees , Culture, Growth, Fast Paced, Work Environment, Pay, Promote from within

Cons

You have to work hard to be successful just like any other job. Promotions are not handed to you hard work does pay off.

8. "Work Hard, Reward Hard Work"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Promotion based on performance, Fast Paced, Never a dull moment, Great "team" mentality, Competitive Environment, Opportunities within different divisions of the company.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call it a con, but you have to perform in order to promote and that competitive environment isn't for everyone.

9. "Challenge Accepted"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love that i'm in charge of my own career after hard work and proven success I have been provided opportunities to work and be a part of multiple divisions. I've been with the company 3 1/2 years and would have never been provided these opportunities as quickly as I did anywhere else. Enjoy that yes we work hard but the company does reward hard work. We have fun! Fun with our team on a day to day basis and fun with our managers. Every day is a new challenge but it keeps things interesting and continues to push me and develop me professionally . I had another career before coming to Enterprise and found that after a couple of years I was bored. So at Enterprise, I accept the challenges and welcome them!

Cons

Not so much Cons but yes this is not a typical 8-5pm hours are 7:30a-6p and you will have to work some weekends. I have friends that are Doctors, Dentists etc. and most don't work 8-5pm either when launching their career.

10. "Good corporate structure"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Reseda, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Reseda, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management training system is effective and is also looked at positively by future employers

Cons

Work life balance could be better. You will work at least 50 hour weeks.

Advice to Management

Don't try and mentally manipulate employees by implementing strategies read in mental manipulation books.

Showing 4,371 of 8,417 reviews