Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1450 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 515 reviews)

1. "lol Enterprise"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Boston, MA

Pros

Their training program helps your resume look good
    They give you 200$ for free to use at Macy's if you buy $200 worth of gift cards for Macy's to help you get clothes for work.

Cons

They say their 'for their employees' but their not. You work 50 plus hours a week, sometimes without a lunch break. When I first agreed to work for Enteprise they failed to tell me their week was based on 49 hours not 40.

Advice to Management

Tell people how many hours their going to actually work

"Enterlies Ruin-Your-Life"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Bozeman, MT
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers since everyone is basically in their 20's. If you can put up with ERAC for a year or so you can use that on your resume to get you a MUCH better job (pay, hours, everything)

Cons

Lets just give you a run-down of whats it is like to work at Enterprise:

From the start of the job you are given the title Management trainee, which is basically a less glorified version of what the other over-dressed hamsters at each Erac branch do each day. You are in a suit, with the expectation that you will have polished shoes and be business professional, washing potato chips out of the back of smelly cars. Maybe you will find a syringe, maybe a dirty pair of underwear....who knows, but every day, rain or shine, sleet or snow, your out their doing manual labor in 300 dollar dress clothes.

Besides that, the environment is full of frat boy meat-heads, who are very drunk off the company Kool Aid. You are pushed to sell, sell, sell........basically scaring old people in buying their worthless insurance products.

In addition, you work so many hours that your whole life begins to crumble. You have no time to work out, so you gain weight. No time to spend with your loved ones, so your relationships falter. You live, eat, and .... there

Advice to Management

I swear this place has a higher turnover rate than the fast food industry... Take hint. The 50+ hour workweek and 60's dress code need to go for starters

3. "Honest review from an ex management-trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It could be a step towards a different career. Meaning it is difficult to find a job right out of college these days. If you some how don't hate the retail world there is upward mobility available, but the road there is grueling and soul-sucking. In other words, I'm listing cons with my pros because there aren't many if any at all.

Cons

Where to begin. They start you off at a fancy orientation for a week or so and pay for your hotel if it's far enough away. Everyone wears suits, which is what you have to wear at work by the way. Your first week at the branch they'll probably ease you in, working ~49 or so hours at most, which is way too much to begin with. Shortly, you will start working 60 hours because people quit left and right and there isn't enough staff to go around. Area managers move people between branches against their will. After 3 months at my first branch I was forced to commute an HOUR EACH WAY to a branch which was 60 miles away being told it would be "temporary" and that I am really "showing leadership." Okay. Well the 3 months I was promised doing that turned into 5 or 6. The branch I got moved to next was much closer to home and the commute was easy. However, people quit at that location and we were left with 3 employees. Myself, another trainee and the assistant manager. The branch manager had just been promoted and we were left without one. It was a 150 car store, one of the busiest in the region. You can imagine how ridiculous it was trying to run that ourselves. I'm going to end this rant early because I could go on forever. I quit after being so mentally drained and stressed out due to the unbearable conditions this company accepts. Please don't work here. You will thank me.

Advice to Management

Everyone is dealt awful hands at this company. I don't blame my managers for all the awfulness they rained down on us. It goes all the way up. This company has an awful structure. For that reason, the turnover rate is insane and that breeds even more issues.

4. "Enterprise employee for four years"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A paycheck and sales experience

Cons

Cleaning cars in suit
    Wearing dress shoes in snow and having to replace them every month from salt.
    Management complaining at all times to push more insurance on customers that do not need it.
    Long Hours.
    Pay is meager to say the least.
    No Lunch.
    Dealing with entitled customer complaints

5. "Driver"

Former Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People who were nice to a point.

Cons

A lot of chiefs and no indians

Advice to Management

Give employees a chance to state their opinions to help the company grow.

6. "If you don't drink the ERAC kool-aid, your soul will die slowly"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, pto after one year, award parties, good on resume, bonuses, 401k, angels stadium suite, most Sundays off depending which office you work at

Cons

Hours, management, company philosophy, sales culture, customer first mentality, can't transfer areas without stepping down to an MA, make same pay as assistant manager than when I was an MA.. Just with more responsibilities, not a family friendly job, specifically for single parents ... I'm not married nor do I have kids but I leave at 6am to drive an hour, get off by 645, to get home at 745..... They ask if I'll relocate but advise on being promoted within the next 9mo. So relocate every 9mo? The money is not worth the time and bs you put in.

Being an assistant manager here makes you the bad guy from every angle.. As an MT I excelled at sales, got multiple mvps, went to the award nights and holiday parties, got promoted quickly and did well at my first assistant spot but after the excitement dwindles down and customers can talk to you like crap, and you're stuck with a horrible branch manager, it's hard to keep sipping the ERAC kool-aid. I'm shown more appreciation from repeat customers than I am by my management.

Advice to Management

The culture will only change if it comes from the top guy/gal. However, the industry itself is money hungry and is a glorified pyramid scheme.... Bottom employees get all the crap while the next tier reaps the benefits.the interview qualifications should be broadened to allow applicants from different states.. Instead of forcing someone to step down from the hard work they have already put in

7. "Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Cannot advance without a Bachelor Degree

Advice to Management

Promote within

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Intern - Management Trainee in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Intern - Management Trainee in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly none that I can think of. They've got a laid back training program although it's still a stretch to call it a "positive"/"pro"

Cons

-I was an intern there this summer before I quit three weeks in and found myself another internship...but to be honest, I would rather have no job and no internship than to work at this place.
    -HOT outside and you're wearing a suit and tie to essentially be a glorified Uber driver (minus the tips)
    -You're cleaning cars in a suit
    -filled with women and men who spent all their college time majoring in useless majors, at poor name universities, and partied too much while getting horrible grades and so they work here thinking they're actually doing something worthwhile, while in reality they're not
    -12 hour days for no money...i don't care who you are...if you have a college degree you deserve better
    - if you're looking at this as an internship to boost your resume for post-college jobs upon graduation...forget about it. Literally nothing you do in relation to this job will impress future employers because this job experience is completely irrelevant for most jobs...unless of course you wanna be a cab driver, or a car washer.
    -Not business related at all
    -Filled with Frat Bro mentality
    -Uncomfortable, hot, sweaty, painful, long days due to how often you are sitting in hot cars to pick up and drop off customers, cleaning cars in hot and humid heat while wearing a suit, and of course, acting as if what you're doing is an actually important job/internship when in reality, like I said earlier, you're simply a glorified uber driver in a suit without the tips.
    -STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!
    -Too many ghetto-type attitude people

Advice to Management

Hire high school dropouts, you don't need a college degree to drive a car and clean a car. Stop with the lies of "running your own business" , "getting an MBA", and "business 101 on ten cups of coffee". Because none of it is true. Stop with your ridiculous dress code...you're renting cars...not dealing with big money CEO level tasks. Stop with the 12 hour days...people want lives outside of enterprise. Get better technology. Hire competent people to run the place...not frat bros

9. "Horrible experience"

Former Intern - Mgt Trainee in Middletown, CT
    Former Intern - Mgt Trainee in Middletown, CT

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros , HR Dept is unorganized and unprofessional - this is a company that's not worth pursuing after all they are rated 6th , there are better car rental companies
    To work
    For

Cons

Everything , starting with. the hiring process and moving forward from there - stuck up hr individuals that really
    Don't have a clue about anything

Advice to Management

Get organized , don't treat applicants like crap

10. "Good Opportunity For Naive College Grads Desperate For A Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company provides endless opportunities to the ones that can take a bunch of BS and knuckle down. There are solid goals in place to plan your career. I received two promotions in under 2 years.

Cons

Extremely low pay... they make it sound like you'll make a salary in the mid $40 range but you won't, it's only because the overtime, you'll only make about $15 or $16 an hour before hand which is not a liveable wage. Forget about your work life balance ever existing because you will work 50+ hours a week. I worked for the company for almost 2 years in total and when I first started my enterprise career as an naive and overly optimistic MT, they lied to me during my last interview saying "I may have to work a Saturday here and there but will have 2 days off no matter what." My first month I almost quit because I had one day off a week for the first few months. Your management will NEVER have your back in a customer dispute which is a load of crap and horrible for employee morale. Prepare to get yelled at, disrespected, and humiliated by piece of crap customers and don't you dare try to stand up for yourself or else you'll get fired. This company baby's their customers and enables too much crap from them. Also, prepare to have to wash cars and trucks in a tie, slacks, white dress shirts and dress shoes. You're cleaning up these cars that nasty disrespectful customers have turned into a mobile trash can. Another thing, it's also a load of crap that the girls in the company can wear business casual clothes while the guys have to come in with business professional attire 6 days a week and sweat profusely in the heat trying to scam people to buy the company's BS coverage to protect the vehicles which they DO NOT need! They only push employees to sell it so their commission checks are bigger, lot for the sake of the customers. Another thing... it is not the 1960's anymore ditch the monkey suits and get with the times! Change the attire to casual or business casual... you're just renting vehicles... it's not that important. Also, someone could sue the company for making guys have to wear business professional attire but not the girls, this is sexist and in most cases illegal. Keep your options open, do not work here, keep trying harder to find that REAL normal career with normal hours, I finally did it after 2 years of wasting my time here. HUGE TURN OVER RATE!!! Do yourself a favor, do not fall for this company, they're all brainwashed. Keep looking, you'll find the job you deserve.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your employees in customer disputes, don't always side with the customer, I guarantee less people will quit. Hire quality candidates instead of any bonehead who has a generic degree so you an underpay and over work them. Please get with the times... it's 2017... ditch the tie and white shirt and change your uniform to a polo shirt. It's so ridiculous to clean a car in business attire.

Showing 860 of 8,589 reviews