Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 366 reviews)

• I discovered a lot about the customer service field and how to conduct business (in 538 reviews)

Cons

1. "Will always be #1 recruiter of College Grads, (that's not good)."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay you a check.

Cons

Work/Life Balance. Will ALWAYS be the #1 recruiter of recent college grads, because they can't keep their employees. That isn't something to brag about. Pay isn't worth the 50+ hours a week. People get promoted quick, not because it's a great company but because their managers quit so quick, then they turn around and hire new college kids. All about the crummy insurance package sales and ignore actual hard intellectual workers in favor of shady future used car salesmen.

Advice to Management

Why give it? They won't listen.

2. "Deceptive hiring"

Former Employee - Service Agent in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Service Agent in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot say there are any pros except I did get paid on time.

Cons

Pay, management, career advancement. Lead me to believe I was going to be splitting time in management training and vehicle prep. Spent absolutely no time in management training.

Advice to Management

Be more honest during interview process

3. "DONT DO IT"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enterprise does hire people who are easy to get through that 12 hour work day!

Cons

You are not off for every national holiday. If you work at a branch that isn't open on Sundays and a holiday falls on a Sunday you are not off the following Monday. Be prepared to wash cars with a skirt/suit! The hours are from 715-6... you do the math -_-! The body shops for the local branches do whatever they want and enterprise "honors" them because they are in dying need of their disrespectful business! In addition, be prepared for customers not knowing they had to leave an additional security deposit! Don't be stuck at an arx, you'll definitely be at the bottom of the matrix! Oh yea! You must sell sell sell and upgrade upgrade upgrade, however, your paycheck remains the same if you do or don't! If your in an area where it snows be prepared to shovel a path for your lovely customers to park and walk :)! Absolutely no incentives! They do have elite events every month at some hole in the wall venue -_-! Last time it was unos! Yea let me bust my butt all month to get a half day paid out the office at unos! The list goes on! The pay sounds good when you first graduate from work but the amount of work you do it isn't worth it!

Advice to Management

Make some incentives to make your employees want to sell! End of the year trips, bonus checks, something! Increase salary! Shorten the work days and have some people come in at 730 and some come in at 10. Long hours burn people out, sorry by my 9th hour on the clock I don't have that bursting energy I had at 8am 😒

5. "Management trainee intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great internship program overall. Gain experience in customer service, marketing, sales, human Resources, accounting and finance. Encourages development of interns.

Promotes within

Cons

Absolutely No work-life balance. Working in inclement weather specially when lack of staff.

6. "So much work for not so much pay"

Former Employee - WAH Rental Reservations Representative
    Former Employee - WAH Rental Reservations Representative

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working at home
    time off
    pretty good discounts
    okay benefits

Cons

pay is not equal to work
    metrics change before you can get used to them..making bonuses too hard to achieve

Advice to Management

Value your front-line employees more

"Difficult to exaggerate how bad"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Madison, WI

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employment experience will be so bad, it will motivate you to find a better job.

Cons

Where to begin: Bad pay, horrible hours, unreasonable expectations, subpar management.

Advice to Management

Get away from the churn and burn, lean and mean staffing model.

8. "All depends on the integrity of your branch manager"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting all types of people, networking with customers, company outings (if your preform well)
    Rewards, and the experience you gain from working at a place where every day yields different challenges.

Cons

- Your integrity will constantly be challenged.
    - People who actually went to school for this type of work vs people who manipulate numbers to move up.
    - working about 55 hours a week
    - corporate expectations vs branch managers ways.
    - hard to move up if your branch managers dont couch for you. (Easiest way to upset them is to actually do the right thing and NEVER lie to customers)

Advice to Management

- Pay more attention to the employees that actually value helping people.
    - Crack down on managers teaching and coaching their teams to "finesse, mislead, and manipulate customers into buying a completely optional product"
    - Coach branch managers on what it actually means to "protect your brand"

"DON'T DO IT!!!"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive I can even think of is your interactions with the customers other than that this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They don't care about there employees at all.

Cons

Be ready to work 50-60 hours a week and eat, drink, and sleep enterprise. They told me my pay would be $43,000 a year with the choice of overtime. I was never even offered the option for overtime it was expected of me. That 43,000 a year is with the overtime added which they never tell you. Management is awful it's a bunch of young people who have no idea what they are suppose to be doing half the time. They promote you off your sells so someone can have terrible manager skills but be great at sales and get promoted. Where someone who has great manager skills but doesn't sell well isn't able to be promoted. The entire training time you get trained on how to sell then once you get promoted your sales don't matter anymore and never will.

Advice to Management

This is not a management trainee program this is a work you to death and if you can last we will promote you program. As an management trainee you are over worked and under payed. In this role you are expected to hit all your sells goals while washing cars, picking up and taking back customers, answered the phones and dealing with customers. My advice to you is rebuild your management trainee program and fully explain the position while in the interview process.

"Don't walk, RUN!!! Do Not SETTLE FOR THIS JOB!!!!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will become very acclimated to working in an environment that is so high stress you can hardly see straight - I worked in an extremely affluent area and had multiple customers tell me they thought I had the hardest job of anyone they knew. Honestly this company has a lot of good training to offer. It's just too bad you aren't able to appreciate it until you have run for the hills. Other than that not much to add here.

Cons

This company quite literally preys upon its employees. It will destroy your life entirely if not careful. Upper management is downright deceitful. IMHO if you can look someone square in the face and lie between your teeth, with no problems so long as it puts a dollar in your pocket then you may have found your calling.

Now all this is given you can put up with no less than 1,000,000 customers per week telling you what a low life you are for not having a 2017 3 Series BMW ready to rock-n-roll, full of gas, and with no mileage. . . . I mean after all they have a 2001 Altima in the shop. And your the Enterprise guy, you should know if anyone does that it's only right, I mean after all they were hit at break neck speeds in the strip club parking lot last night!!!!! And you my friend will get the distinguished honor of looking them dead in their pathetic opiate glazed eyes while seeming genuinely concerned for their "headache"(Pathetic excuse for a lawsuit). And just watch out if you suggest they pay the .65 cents worth of taxes on their $30 dollar a day USAA policy that they did 2 years in ROTC in college to earn. You know what just talk to their lawyer they shouldn't have to deal with this that stripper hit them.

You: "Ok sir may I have that attorney's contact information?"
    Customer: "Yes son, its 1-800-411PAIN."

Honestly, my biggest gripe is in the deception of your compensation. If you really break the math down they pay you barely more than you could make flipping burgers per hour. It's just a sad pathetic escapade. Do yourself a great favor. If your smart enough to be reading this. . . . . DONT WALK, RUN!!!!!

Advice to Management

QUIT. Just quit. Get a real - BIG BOY - job. I mean seriously, you run around town drinking beers 5-6 nights a week with a bunch of KIDS just out of undergrad flexing your pathetic little 80k/year area manager pay stub. You can continue hiding your alcoholism behind the veil of sales goals and customer satisfaction dinners but we both know you wouldn't last 2 seconds in corporate America. Get a life. This place breeds losers. Don't be fooled.

11. "Long Hours"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Great Experience and looks good on resume

Cons

Long Hours and high expectations

Showing 738 of 7,473 reviews