Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, people from every level are willing to help you out (in 395 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 593 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1411 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 505 reviews)

1. "Has good times, but all about sales-no commission."

Current Employee - Assistant in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant in Crofton, MD

Pros

Good coworkers, pay is just okay, decent training. That is about it- not much more t o s a y about it.

Cons

Long hours long hours long hours,lots of empty promises about promotions. Having to work every other Saturday clean cars on hot days dressed in business clothes

2. "Sales, Sales, Sales"

Former Employee - Managemet Trainee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Managemet Trainee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employer discounts, overtime, co-workers, room for growth only if you are great at selling

Cons

They pressure you on a daily basis to sale. If you don't sell they question you why you were not able to sell. If you love sales, this is a job you, otherwise stay away. No life outside work. You will be asked to work over 50 hours a week, from open to close, and you will not know exactly when you will be done. You will be asked to wash cars in your long sleeve shirt and tie (very unprofessional when you are dealing with customers face to face and you are sweaty and nasty).

3. "Good Place to Start"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easier to get into the company. It is also easy to advance and get promoted

Cons

You are going to work very long hours. You will wash cars in the heat and cold and management is only concerned if you make them money.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the employees and not the bottom line

4. "The only people you'll get along with 100% of the time is your actual car washer coworker."

Former Employee - Car Washer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Car Washer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a good car discount along with movies, amusement parks and other fun things that are listed on the discount website.

Cons

Customers are rude and depending on location you work in the sun third the sales people don't care for you

"Intern"

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people you work with are great
    - Days go by fast
    - Intern training and parties

Cons

- Don't be fooled by the "business 101 on 10 cups of coffee" tagline on their job posting, a Management Trainee and MT Intern are essentially retail associates. Thats it. I remember going into interview being prepared to talk about my previous business experiences at my past internships, and all the area manager wanted to know about was my time working at market basket. This "Internship" reminds me a lot of my time working as waiter, but as a waiter at least I was getting paid more, and at least they weren't trying to make the job seem more professional then it actually is. The fact you need a college degree to get into the MT program is joke, they'll literally take a lesbian dance theory major on board as long as you have a degree. Trust me when I say this, YOU are better than this company, keep searching.

Advice to Management

Be more forthcoming on the job description.

6. "Not worth your time"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Good starting point
    Will hire you before you graduate

Cons

Long hours
    Understaffed
    You have to compete against dishonest staff

"Don't stay too long"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendships, gain networks, team building, learn business IQ, learning financial statements, good benefits, great resume builder, learn about what cars you would buy later in life

Cons

SEVERAL BIG ONES TO CONSIDER HERE...

1. There is zero work life balance. None. Managers are supposed to work your schedule so MTs and MAs float around 47-48 hours per week, but then the managers work to make up for it! 53,54,55 hours per week. How does this make an MT want to become a branch manager? However, no one has a work life balance, so you're all in it together. I suppose this is what harbors some of the best friendships I still have.

2. There are extreme cases of favoritism. There is supposed to be at least about a year between branch manager promotions (moving from a small to larger branch), but if you are a favorite, you can be moved from small branch to larger branch to "flagship" location within 6-7 months. This is so the referrals and accounts that use Enterprise do not feel like they are having to start from scratch every few months. I'm looking at you, 1767-1766-1725 BRM.

3. You will get burned out. You will.

Advice to Management

Pay MUST to be increased. 46k yearly for 48 hours per week under the stress that MTs have?

"Think Twice - Keep Options Open"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This position allows you the ability to run your own business. Sales, Marketing, Accounting, and Human Resources. The option to move laterally throughout different divisions of the company is very apparent. Thorough training programs for all levels of management.

Cons

Don't plan on having a work life balance while working for this company. If you are employed in daily rental 55-57 hour work weeks are not uncommon. You will be required to wash cars and work in high temperatures wearing suits.

Advice to Management

Keep pay structure the same. The company has changed their compensation structure three times in 2 years. Business casual!!!!

9. "Good stepping stone, to the NEXT BIGGER, BETTER job!!!"

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok pay. Good T & E payback to get your coworkers things (food and rewards), benefits are also ok, excellent training, coworkers become your life and longtime friends sometimes

Cons

Long work hours, cleaning cars, BAD customers, selling insurance day in- day out, BAD customers, continue cleaning cars for "dirty" "nasty" customers. Area managers and corporate group don't care about anything but profits. No ethics in management

Advice to Management

Dont sleep with others to get promotions. Don't play favorites. Some employees have ethics, and won't kiss butt for that promotion- remember that!

Take care of your employees (the hard working ones) or they will leave!

10. "Management Trainee Intern"

Former Intern - Management Trainee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Intern - Management Trainee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Enterprise as an intern

Pros

Good internship to have, opened a lot of doors for me

Cons

Long hours, can be physically demanding because you have to clean cars sometimes, always on your feet, the customers aren't the brightest so you have to deal with providing the best customer service to people that don't always deserve it.

Advice to Management

Get more cars for regions that need them! Don't put too much stress on managers. Stop letting people make reservations when there is no availability.

Showing 1,367 of 8,417 reviews