Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

1,514 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, people from every level are willing to help you out (in 408 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 618 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1511 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 531 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Manager"

Current Employee - Tri-Brand Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Tri-Brand Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot and make many friends along the way. The company has a structured training system so the company will guide you on your path to success. You don't have to try and train yourself, or figure it out on your own, or have all this business knowledge/acumen coming in. You are expected to be a blank slate and they will train you. Employee development is #1 in regards to the companies core philosophies. The pay also gets better with every promotion and you can be promoted multiple times per year. Meaning multiple raises in a single year. I have friends who went from 55k to 65k to 75k+ in just a year not to mention a company car. The company car is a huge plus once you are a manager. They are also all brand new cars, as a manger you may take home next years Altima one day then the next day decide you want to take home the new hemi charger (that the dealers dont even have in stock yet). Put it this way; the cars we get are so new when we bring them in for service they don't even have the parts in stock yet. The company also treats employees very well and their are great benefits right from the start. GMs and area managers are very personable and down to earth as they have all been in your shoes from day 1, everyone has to start where you start and work their way up. Health Insurance, 401k, time off etc. You will not find another company willing to give you a chance running your own multi-million dollar operation without any management experience on your resume. Like they say they give you the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

A lot of people say work life balance, which it can seem like at first. Even more-so if you are new to the workforce or the concept of work in general. However its a commitment you work through early in your career so you don't have to later in life. Yes, the work life balance is difficult but only for the first 1-3 years depending on how fast you move up, however it rapidly gets better and better as you grow with the company not to mention the pay and sense of job security; especially these days...... is priceless.

Advice to Management

Thank you and Great Job!

"The Sky is the Limit!"

Current Employee - Flagship Branch Manager in Utica, NY
    Current Employee - Flagship Branch Manager in Utica, NY

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Endless opportunity for promotion, A huge emphasis placed on the value and importance of diversity, competitive pay (I'm on track to clear $95K this year!), paid maternity leave with a paid phase-back period, relocation bonuses, one on one time with leaders in the company, flexible schedule, company car for Branch Manager and above and you get to work side-by-side with

Cons

There aren't any cons to working at Enterprise. There are very high expectations (which is a great thing!) so it's really important to come into the job with a 'can do' YES mentality. You get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

1.) Drop MT/MA hours down to 42 and raise the hourly rate. Sell it as a work hard, play hard type of job. I think this will make it more appealing to millennials.

2.) Make the Assistant Manager position more appealing. Maybe give the option to use a commuter car (if traveling more than 30 miles). Also knock the hours back to 48 and raise the hourly rate.

3. "ERAC"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits and good coworkers.

Cons

Hard work, odd hours, somewhat low pay.

4. "Great place to establish a career."

Current Employee - Replacemen Sales Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Replacemen Sales Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay/salary are good especially for those in management.

Cons

The work is not always easy if you are good dealing with customers positively.

5. "Outstanding Company"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Career opportunities, promotes from within, fast advancement, fun working environment, growing company

Cons

Entry level to start

6. "Slow start, but absolutely amazing!"

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with actually care about making you better and want you to see you succeed. There’s tons of opportunity to grow and learn.

Cons

The hours can be long and you do have to work every other weekend, but you know ahead of time. So all and all it’s actually not that bad.

7. "Assistant Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Fairbanks, AK
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Fairbanks, AK

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great entry level position as a management trainee. You learn a lot about the company and what it takes to be a manager. Promotion opportunities come up quickly in your first year of employment. Also Enterprise hires great employees so have great people around you everyday.

Cons

Long hours and working on weekends.

Advice to Management

Stay positive to your employees and continue to build a great culture for the management trainees working for you.

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Enterprise for 6 years now, and all 6 have been nothing short of rewarding. From the time I started all the way through present time, Enterprise has given me the tools to be successful and rewarded my hard work with the recognition and promotions befit of it. Enterprise is the only company that I know of that only promotes from within while allowing their employees to earn a 6 figure pay based directly off of the hard work and dedication to performance the employee puts forth. And because of promoting only from within, a sense of a fun competitive atmosphere is always present in the branches.

Cons

The cons are limited do to each individuals ideas of importance. For some, work/life balance may be an issue. For others this is not the case. A lot of the perceived cons stem from the branches ability, or lack there of, to properly organize their day and prioritize what is urgent and important. We are also a performance based company, so the ones who are always driven to be the best, tend to put a lot more stress on themselves to perform at a level that is required to be the best.

Advice to Management

Consistency is key. As long as we hold our values and policies as a top priority, being fair and balanced across the board, our employees and company will always reap the benefits.

"Area ManagManager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay by performance, promote off performance, and only promote from within the company.

Cons

Work life balance can be tough.

Advice to Management

Reduce to 40-42 hour work week and you’ll retain so many more employees.

10. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, fast paced, learn how to run your own business, you can move up fast within the company if you put your energy into it.

Cons

Customers sometimes don't understand how it works specially if we run out of vehicles.

Advice to Management

Keep asking us what we need to succeed in our position.

Showing 1,514 of 8,972 reviews