Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4,683 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1514 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 533 reviews)

1. "Outstanding Company"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Career opportunities, promotes from within, fast advancement, fun working environment, growing company

Cons

Entry level to start

"Area ManagManager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay by performance, promote off performance, and only promote from within the company.

Cons

Work life balance can be tough.

Advice to Management

Reduce to 40-42 hour work week and you’ll retain so many more employees.

3. "Slow start, but absolutely amazing!"

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with actually care about making you better and want you to see you succeed. There’s tons of opportunity to grow and learn.

Cons

The hours can be long and you do have to work every other weekend, but you know ahead of time. So all and all it’s actually not that bad.

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Enterprise for 6 years now, and all 6 have been nothing short of rewarding. From the time I started all the way through present time, Enterprise has given me the tools to be successful and rewarded my hard work with the recognition and promotions befit of it. Enterprise is the only company that I know of that only promotes from within while allowing their employees to earn a 6 figure pay based directly off of the hard work and dedication to performance the employee puts forth. And because of promoting only from within, a sense of a fun competitive atmosphere is always present in the branches.

Cons

The cons are limited do to each individuals ideas of importance. For some, work/life balance may be an issue. For others this is not the case. A lot of the perceived cons stem from the branches ability, or lack there of, to properly organize their day and prioritize what is urgent and important. We are also a performance based company, so the ones who are always driven to be the best, tend to put a lot more stress on themselves to perform at a level that is required to be the best.

Advice to Management

Consistency is key. As long as we hold our values and policies as a top priority, being fair and balanced across the board, our employees and company will always reap the benefits.

5. "Excellent company to start your career"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, teamwork environment that teaches you how to handle difficult and unhappy customers. You learn how to manage a business and see how the finances are broken down.

Cons

Work life balance is horrible. I work 54 hours per week, 6 days per week. Extremely difficult to do if you have a family at home. If you're not a top seller, you cannot promote.

Advice to Management

Provide additional opportunities for good employees that may not be top salesman.

"Branch manager"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

The company rewards you for hard work and performance

Cons

Work life balance is hard to come by.

7. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, fast paced, learn how to run your own business, you can move up fast within the company if you put your energy into it.

Cons

Customers sometimes don't understand how it works specially if we run out of vehicles.

Advice to Management

Keep asking us what we need to succeed in our position.

"Fantastic Company and Career"

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

I have been with Enterprise Holdings for 7+ years now. I can't say enough about how great of a company Enterprise is to be a part of. I am currently an Area Manager and just like everybody else in the company started my career as a Management Trainee. The MT program is an all inclusive program that gives you the tools needed every step of the way to learn the business. The company truly promotes on success. The company truly has an employees first mindset. Our mission statement states that if we take care of our employees and customers then profits will follow and we see that with every action throughout my career. Once you become a manager you have a fantastic ability to increase your own paycheck by being successful. I recently was able to achieve a promotion where the company paid on their own expense to move me and my family across the country.

Cons

The most common complaints we hear initially are the long work weeks. It is a change to be on a 49 hour work week from day 1 but with everything you do throughout the day a 49 hour week goes much quicker than a 40 hour work week at most other jobs. You truly get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

Your ability to build your pay plan and truly make an impact in customers and employees as you move up through the company is an amazing opportunity!

"Intern"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to drive yourself in a competitive workforce. Direct results from putting in consistent effort. Everyone you work with is outgoing high energy and fun.

Cons

Long hours. But if you're driven and like money tgis won't bother you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency that you have with your employees it's motivating to know exactly where you stand

"Company That Rewards Hard Work!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Man in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Man in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are promoted based on results not seniority, so you are in charge of how fast you move in the company.

Cons

You do work a lot of hours. Need to make sure you keep the wok life balance.

Showing 4,683 of 8,980 reviews