Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 25, 2017
6,122 reviews

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

6,122 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 372 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 550 reviews)

Cons

"Would only recommend trainee to someone who wants to be a future car salesman"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company left such a bad taste in my mouth didn't want to do a review but decided enough people don't leave them and tell you how miserable your day is working daily... hopefully you don't mind being micromanaged and able to balance the stress of always having to work in the grey zone of ethical and unethical never black and white and even have some managers manage you to be unethical to be sucessful to meet sales goals . Everything is shady just don't believe it's all butterfly and rainbows . You will only enjoy the pay and benefits for a entry level no experience position the pay is great. You may also enjoy working with same level employees the recruiters do a good job hiring alike people. But high turnover rate.

Cons

Be prepared to be burned out your first month from the long hour days and work week . The job will teach you how to deal with entitled and rude customers. Also help you with face to face sales approach but once again I'll say I would only recommend this management trainee program to someone who is thriving to pursue being a car salesman or someone who don't mind being a slave for 11 hours a day and being treated like the "Do-boy" (yes man) to collect a really nice check. It's hard work to get noticed in the company doing things the right way when you are trying to sale protection on the cars and meet sales goals but I became a Management Assistant in 8 months and work out of 7 different stores and one airport and I worked for the company a little over a year. Also be prepared to be moved around to different store locations throughout your career often. Yes there is career opportunities because they "only promote from within" but even then it's all about who you know every promotion comes with interviews.

Advice to Management

Stop preaching "take care of your employees" when you don't. It's a privately owned company so complaints doesn't go far.

2. "Great first career to gain work experience straight out of college."

Current Employee - Station Manager in Redondo Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Station Manager in Redondo Beach, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for professional development. You get in what you put out. You can achieve development for phone skills, Interpersonal communication and sales.

Cons

The work can be very physically demanding. Worklife balance often a challenge. Any time off for appointments or even paid time off are often met with scrutiny or guilt.

Advice to Management

More conscious of worklife balance.

3. "Management Trainee"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Good training program. Good people.

Cons

Washing cars in dress attire.

Advice to Management

Promote your people on other factors than how much damage insurance they can sell.

5. "Easy work decent pay"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

I was fresh out of college, so having co-workers close in age was a fun environment to work in and gain experience.

Cons

You work long hours and have to deal with people all day

"glad I did it, glad it's over"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Beaufort, SC
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Beaufort, SC

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunity, great experience as a resume builder, everyone is relatively young, overall positive experience.

Cons

hours, pay, and customers suck.

Advice to Management

50+ hour work week making less than $40,000 yearly is unreasonable in my opinion. Loved my job, got burned out on the hours and the pay. Overtime is good, but 12 hour days at all hours of the day and weekends all the time gets tiresome.

"Great place to begin your career but prepare to work LONG hours."

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great. My coworkers are what helped me make it through the day. Opportunity to grow & to gain management skills. It's also great that ERAC has other business. So if you perform well, you're able to move to another segment of the company, which is great. The Christmas party is fantastic! For the most part, senior leaders are pretty approachable & open to meeting with employees at any level. It's very easy to communicate with those you aspire to be like or aspire to one day have their position. It's all about how you network. As an MT, the VP of my region knows me by name & always encourages me to reach out to her. She's literally just an email away. The company makes it very easy to network, and most people are always willing to lend advice if you ever feel like you're in a slump. Perform well, and you will go far and gain a lot.

Cons

The work hours! This is probably the biggest con. It's not rare to work a 7-7 shift. Branch managers try to give employees some work life balance, but anytime you're working 46 hours + on a regular basis, it's pretty impossible to have that balance. I'll say that maaaaaaany employees are married to or dating other enterprise employees. Just shows how much we are here. It can also be extremely annoying to never have cars but customers are still making reservations. Some people thrive on that; I don't. Lack of communication or consistency. Sometimes when you're following protocol, a manager can overrule you, making you look like an idiot in front of the customer. Pay is decent, but for as long as we work & all the BS we have to put up with, we should be making way more! Plus for higher ups, money can be hit or miss depending on how the branch performs.

Advice to Management

Back your employees. Find a better way to manage those hours. Great company; but who wants to work there if I barely get to see my family members and loved ones.

"Great company to rent from, NOT work for..."

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They hire young charismatic college grads so you will almost always love your co-workers and make lasting friendships. Great training in management and problem solving and multitasking. You also get the opportunity to interview for promotions often so it makes you more comfortable with the whole interview process (if and when you go for a different job).

Cons

Churn and burn. It's a smart model hire new naive college grads and work them to death and make them feel like it's normal. I made it to branch manager with two satellites (so 3 stores) and I was averaging 70-80 hrs a week, the money was decent but it destroyed my personal life and took a physical toll on me. Once I got out and saw the light and the possibilities open to me I can't believe I put up with it for so long.

Constantly understaffed, washing cars in a suit in 100 degree weather and trying to look presentable, no time to eat lunch or even go to the bathroom! As manager I was so busy all day I would have to stay extra late most days to finish my paperwork and finish cleaning cars. I was constantly chasing down dead beat criminals that basically steal our cars, constantly being berated by upper management for not meeting bizarre unrealistic goals (even though you're making them way more money than they expected... which should be congratulated).

I still think Enterprise is a fantastic company to rent from; save yourself and do not work for them... or if you do just build your resume and don't stay longer than 1yr.

Advice to Management

Honestly, in the long run their model of hiring young college grads is working for them... no one with any real business experience would be willing to put up with it. You need young kids because it's basically manual labor. I would advise opening the MT program to people with out a college degree because you certainly don't need one to work here, all you need is people skills and strong work ethic; give these people more opportunity!

9. "Hard work paid off"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Queens Village, NY
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Queens Village, NY

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you exceed their expectation in sales and service you will get far. Management is within reach. Easy to network as they always have events and happy hour throughout the year. The pay is good.

Cons

long hours. White young male preferred as it is car related industry. If you network well and is friend with the right people you will get where you want to be without having to go through the steps as everyone else.

Advice to Management

Underwriting should be monitored and audited as well when it comes to employee working hours.

10. "Very good job for college student or a retired person"

Current Employee - Service Agent in Riverdale, GA
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Riverdale, GA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The branch feels like family and the work is very simple and easy to catch on and learn the job. I feel like I can talk to any of my coworkers about anything.

Cons

Most of the service agent positions are only part time. It's very rare to find this position with full time hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

11. "Management Trainee"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Your bosses are motivated to help train you and make sure you're competent in understanding all of the ins and outs of their branch. Corporate ladder you can climb and a huge earning potential. Recognition from a lot of managers throughout your respective group when numbers are up. Ranked on a sales matrix so must be competitive.

Cons

Long hours spent standing. Management gave me a hard time about relocating back home to live with family because the closet branch was out of their group. Need to be highly self motivated and determined. Will need to do a lot of explaining if your Matrix rank drops.

Showing 6,122 of 7,633 reviews