Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

3,681 reviews

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

3,681 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 385 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 575 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be difficult to some individuals (in 1360 reviews)

• No work/life balance whatsoever (in 492 reviews)

1. "The Best Decision I've Ever Made!"

Current Employee - Area Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The three main reasons why I joined Enterprise Holdings are still true and valid today. 1) Opportunity: I have see the company grow locally and grow internationally. I have been promoted more than seven times in eleven years. 2) Competitiveness: You always know where you stand, what you need to do to get promoted and what you need to do to improve your scoreboard. 3) Strong support system (top to bottom): The people who work here really care and want to help you advance in your career. Everyone on your team wants you to be as good as them or better. It is important to everyone that you perform and move your career forward.

Cons

The first thing that comes to mind is being PATIENT. Getting promoted and making more money is addicting and you continuously want more of it. The higher you go the longer you will need to spend developing and building your team in the same position.

We work hard...and we reward hard work.

Advice to Management

Continue to abide by Jack Taylor's simple philosophy "Take care of your customers and your employees first, and the profits will follow.

Enterprise Response

Jul 12, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thanks for the wonderful review! Keep up the great work!

2. "Manager Trainee"

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Enterprise is one of the few organizations that promotes from within. Also as the world's leading transportation provider, there is a huge growth curve with the advent of electronic and driverless car technology trending towards the future.

Cons

One of the only drawbacks are the long work hours.

Advice to Management

No advice to company management. Thank you for being so readily accessible as I continue to learn and grow in the business.

Enterprise Response

Jul 12, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thanks for the review! I agree, the technological advancements in the transportation industry make it an exciting place to be right now! Keep up the great work!

"Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Granada Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Granada Hills, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome job if your looking for the opportunity to run your own business.

Cons

I don't have any cons

4. "Great Company to Start With"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Above average pay
    *Bonuses
    *PTO
    *Rewards to highest sellers at each branch
    *Educated Employees

Cons

*Lack of Fleet Planning
    *Constant swing between sales and customer service priorities

Advice to Management

Work on finding a better balance between having most cars on the road for sales and then not having any cars for customers which hurts customer service.

"Underpaid, long hours"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks good on resume, develops management skills, co workers are decent

Cons

Long hours, low pay, expensive dress code while running around sweating. Washing cars, having a degree to get paid less than $3 more than a service agent. This sounds like such an amazing job when you are coming straight out of college. You do have benefits, but there is NO work life balance. My first 6 months I went to work, ate dinner and slept. I don't know how people with children do this. Management does not listen to employees and you are constantly selling to customers even if they really can't afford the product. High stress environment, lots of running around. Back end work hardly gets done because there are so many other tasks needing attention.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Happy hour only goes so far. Cut the hours, split them between employees. There is no work life balance. The pay needs to increase and customers should not be able to treat staff the way they do.

"Great first job out of college"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at Enterprise for 2 1/2 years. I'm an assistant manager at one of the biggest branches in my region. I've become a more grounded and confident person since working at Enterprise. You learn how to handle very difficult situations and conversations. It's definitely a work hard play hard environment. I've made lots of friends at Enterprise. There is a strong party culture with the company. Most people you work with are not far out of college. I personally find this fun and appealing. Upper management is VERY down to earth. They invest in you and want to see you suceed. If you have great sales numbers, you will get promoted very quickly. The sales and management accolades I've earned from working at Enterprise make me look very impressive on paper. I get job offers from requiters on Linkd in weekly. Enterprise has really set me up for success whether I stay with the company or move on.

Cons

This job is not for everyone. First, even at the management level, this is a sales job. No one wants to pay for extra rental insurance. You have you be persistent. I sometimes find myself bullying people into taking the insurance. The only way to put up good sales numbers is to upsell the customer into buying more optional insurance products than they know what they are buying. They tell you not to do this at corporate training, but at the area and branch level these questionable practices are pushed due to competing sales numbers. It's almost like blood doping back in the Armstrong days of cycling. You have to do it in order to be successful. Expect to work 50-55 hours a week. You will ALWAYS be short staffed due to promotions, vacations, trainings at corporate, employees being sick, etc. The hardest thing for me at this moment is I'm becoming bored with Enterprise. I work with 2 other assistant managers. I find myself still doing the same boring check-ins and sales I did when I was a management trainee. It's a long grind and you need to look at your long term goals to keep level headed. Yes, area managers make decent money and you can even make millions at the highest levels of Enterprise. Only about 1% make it there though.

"Car Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Car Sales in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Account Executive - Car Sales in Metairie, LA

I have been working at Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

Nice opportunity to make money at your own pace, and a lot of opportunity for upward movement

Cons

Must be willing to relocate if you want to reach the top of your career ladder

8. "Management Assistant"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Excellent management program. Looks really good on your resume especially if you get promoted

Cons

Piss-poor work-life balance! You live to work an average of 50-60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Reduce the hours to 40-45 hours a week

9. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, they have a work hard and get rewarded mentality, company car, great training program

Cons

Very long hours, no work life balance, not given the proper resources to be successful

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

"Learned a lot while getting worked into the ground"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The training program is really good. The knowledge is very valuable and transferable to many industries. Recommend for people interested in running a business.

Cons

Retail hours and they are very long. Work/life balance is virtually impossible and don't think about starting a family. Recommend for those early in career but have exit strategy planned.

Showing 7,544 of 8,091 reviews