Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 25, 2017
3,380 reviews

US - All Cities Current Employees

3,380 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 372 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 550 reviews)

1. "Long Hours"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire just about anyone who has a degree. Great stepping stone as a first job.

Cons

This is a glorified sales job. You are ranked only on sales ability but you receive no commission. They sell you the dream saying you get 42,000 a year but it's only about 14 an hour and it's the mandatory overtime which puts you at that 42 mark. 12 or 13 hour days. 50 to 60 hour weeks.

Advice to Management

Rethink the matrix weighting. Power number isn't the only relevant source of income.

2. "More than just handing out keys..."

Current Employee - Truck Team Member in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Truck Team Member in Orem, UT

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Enterprise for a decade now and I have now navigated my way into my 3rd different division. I have been able to find and try new aspects of our business and have now landed in what I believe will be my career fit. The people I work with are amazing and I feel like I have the support of everyone up to the GM of our group. There is only one job in our country with a ceiling and she is sitting in her office in St Louis.

Cons

Things are very fast paced. For the first 6 months you will feel like you are not making much progress, but that's when something clicks and you begin to move up and advance quickly. Another thing that is seen as a con is your manager whomever he or she may be is very busy and cannot always instigate training. If you have the right attitude and demand training rather than expect it you will succeed here.

Advice to Management

Don't expect things to be the same as when you were in branches. Things are much different now and much more fast paced. With all of the new technology and the clip in which we are growing continue to keep up with current technology and please speed up the internet at branches. It's 2017.

3. "Customer Assistance Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company to work for they're very understanding and supportive.

Cons

Communication can be a bit difficult from employee to upper level management.

Advice to Management

Communication. Please communicate

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, constant recognition, great benefits, plenty of room to move up with company

Cons

work-life balance, managers are way too busy with other tasks.

Advice to Management

Use commission based pay

6. "Service Agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

$10 an hour pay is good for students. Great work environment. Very positive.

Cons

The business can sometimes be extremely busy

Advice to Management

Schedule the proper amount of people for a certain shift. When one person calls out its like the Apocalypse

7. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, great experience and resume builder.

Cons

Long hours. Customer service isn't always fun. Managers have a huge influence on your work experience because the company is so decentralized. Washing multiple cars a day in a suit and tie gets old as well.

Advice to Management

Management Trainees in some branches rarely/if ever wash cars and MT's in other branches dedicate hours to washing cars. Having uniformity in this regard will keep employees happier over all. No one gets a degree to wash cars.

8. "HR Generalist Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enterprise is an amazing company to work for! I have been with the company for over five years and started as a Management Trainee. I started working for Enterprise right out of college. It was a great start to a long term career. I worked in the rental branches for two years working my way up to Assistant Manager, then switched into HR. Having the opportunity to work in the branches gave me the experience to learn how to run a business, and now as a HR professional, better support the business.

Cons

The pace at Enterprise, regardless of your position, is very fast paced. I love the busy days which fly by, so once I got used to the fast pace, I now thrive on it. You learn how to multitask and deal with various situations. Every day you are learning something new.

Advice to Management

Use your management team as a sounding board and mentor. Enterprise has a very strong team mindset and do a great job at working together to yield the best results.

9. "We work hard and reward hard work"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enterprise can be one of the most satisfactory and rewarding jobs you can get, the people you would work with are some of the best people you will ever have and would go out of their way to help you, I been with this company since I was a car prep and now I am running my own branch. The best career moves I have made so far in my life

Cons

Some of the issues though that you would deal with is the long hours and there may be days where you run out of vehicles, be prepared to have long stressful days and always keep hitting your goals

Advice to Management

Always keep your employees in mind. Listen to their concerns and always be there if they need help

10. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn the value of hard work, managing your own company, and relationship building. enterprise is all about employee development, if you are a top seller, you will be rewarded and get promoted fairly easy.

Cons

low pay and long hours

Advice to Management

develop a schedule where employees do not feel over worked or have more perks (such as paid lunches or comp travel). your employees work hard for very little pay the least you could do is pay for their meal once a week and pay for their traveling expenses

11. "Management Trainee Program"

Current Employee - Talent Development Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Talent Development Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enterprise as a company has been absolutely amazing. It's a fun work environment while training and developing you into a business professional. The company is not a stepping stone for other jobs, it's a career that you can get promoted and make a lot of money quickly if you are engaged and motivated.

Cons

Work/life balance can be difficult to some individuals. I have a family (3 kids), and as long as I communicate with my manager about time off, there has never been any issues. Communication goes a long way, and workers/managers are here to help.

Advice to Management

Never stop learning and reaching out to Mentors/successful people. That is how you become more successful.

Showing 3,951 of 7,628 reviews