Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 24, 2017
6,116 reviews

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

6,116 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 372 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 550 reviews)

1. "Driver"

I have been working at Enterprise (Less than a year)

Pros

They work with you for hrs

Cons

To many bosses that want to be in control

2. "not bad"

Former Employee - Car Prep in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Car Prep in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a fun time there

Cons

They capped hours at 25/week for part time

"Company that invests in employees"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Waycross, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Waycross, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, opportunity to move up, great benefits, family oriented company, excellent training and preparation for new hires. I enjoyed the interview process and liked everyone I met.

Cons

Long work week. Customer service in general can just be rough but it's worth it for what you get paid. 40k starting out is beyond competitive.

5. "Decent internship"

Former Employee - Management Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Management Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, opportunity to practice sales, network with customers, understand operations of the business, decent opportunity to build your resume

Cons

long hours, no work/life balance, working 49-55 hours on the average, no appreciation from management, regional is very stingy as well,

Advice to Management

Increase employee retention, better hours, get a new operating system. Ecars and Ralph suck. Odyssey is ok.

6. "Good as long as you're not at the airport"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good pay right out of college.
    -Very nice and cool colleagues
    -Opportunity to learn sales and defeat no's.
    -Easy success if you're at the right branch.

Would I stay at Enterprise my entire life? No. But that's just me, I'm a person with life goals and business ventures that Enterprise kept me back from achieving. I would even mention going back to school to get my Masters degree, and every manager or upper level executive I told that to would frown upon it and try to convince me that I did not need a degree higher than a Bachelor's.

However, I do realize that some people ride the wave with life and if you're a person that rides the wave then this may be a good jackpot for you. As with YEARS of hard work, and I mean YEARS! It'll pay off somehow and you'll probably be a branch manager or if you play your cards right, or an area manager. GOOD branch managers make about $60,000-$70,000.

Cons

-Catty & Petty nature
    -No Commission!!!!
    -Long hours (10+ hour days at home city and 12+ at the airport)
    -Treated like slaves, at times I hit 70 hours a week.
    -No care for employees, you'd work through snow storms, hurricanes, etc.
    -Hourly pay so you may not even hit the estimated $40,000 they claim your salary to be.
    -Growth & Promotion, in order to get promoted you must past two set of a tests (not a problem for me) BUT on top of that it's politics, if you're not buddy buddy or more (wink, wink) with someone then kiss your fast promotion goodbye. I knew someone who tried for two years to be promoted to an Assistant Manager.
    -Not a lot of opportunity, if you look at the amount of spots available for promotion vs. the amount of MT's you'll see how hard you must play the politics game.

Like I said in the title, this job is very doable, a headache but doable as long as you're at home city. Once you get sent to ATL airport, the people become 1000% petty and act like slave masters. You're on your feet for the entire 12+ hour shift and are outside despite the whether 9 out of those 12 hours (no exaggeration). All you do is walk customers back and forth to cars. At the airport there is no backend work or management training involved, which defeats the management trainee title but oh well.

If you are good at sales, go to a company that pays base and commission, you'll make a lot more! At Enterprise, there are out of the world sales goals that bring the branch and company millions of dollars and you personally never get your chunk of the cake!

Advice to Management

Start offering commission so that top sales people feel as if they are reaping what they sew because not everyone is lucky to get promoted. Even then it's a living hell.

7. "Teaching company"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great career launching company. Whether it be to continue with them or leave. They give you all the skills to succeed in the future, they teach how to interview, and their training is second to none.

Cons

Way too much based on things beyond your own control. I moved my way up to management quickly, because I did well. I started as an intern and kept moving on up. Then my problems weren't solved and I got the run around a lot. Way too long of hours to actually enjoy your personal lives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the training, it's great. Just remember work life balance for all your employees.

8. "Sales Management Trainee"

Pros

Great overall work experience as an intern. Gave me things to talk about on my Resume

Cons

Long hours, no work life balance even as an intern. Training could be much better.

Advice to Management

develop a new training program

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for your resume
    Meet some nice people

Cons

The job is very taxing mentally and physically. You will clean cars in a business suit in zero degree weather and in 100 degree weather. You are paid based on a 48 hour work week but you actually work 60 hours a week. It is a sales job and the Enterprise mentality is to get the sale anyway you can. Which means you take advantage of and cheat customers. Absolutely no work life balance. They boast about having so many promotions every year because so many people quit that they are always able to hire and promote very quickly. Until the next batch quits and the cycle repeats. Definitely would not recommend.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees the same salary, but make the work week 40-45 hours and hire enough people that you don't have to stay late and come in early in order to get the job done. Create a sales culture that is not unethical so that people don't feel moral stress and leave.

10. "Good Benefits & Pay. ..Long Hours"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enterprise takes great care of their customers and employees. We provide excellent benefits and the pay is also good.

Cons

Work hours are long with a minimum of 49 hours per week worked. This is a sales based position and promotion only comes if you do well selling their protection products.

Advice to Management

Start off strong and keep the momentum going. If you are decent you should promote within one year to an assistant management position. From then the sky is the limit if you stick with the company.

11. "Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rental Car Discount. Occasional free food with strings attached. The occasional pat on the head. The only thing that kept me going were my friends and co-workers.

Cons

Performance is a negligible commodity. Being political and appeasing your superiors is what is valued here. There is no company loyalty. You are only as valuable as your last month's ESQI (Customer Service Score) and Net profit. The metrics used to measure success are extremely flawed also. Read other reviews. I'm not the only person that feels used and abused.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing MTs and making them work 50+ hours. Explain to them that they realistically will work 12 hour days. Don't BS and have them burn out on you because you weren't honest. Stop telling everyone they will be management when you have meetings with subordinates about how not everyone is fit for management.

Showing 6,116 of 7,623 reviews