Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

3,783 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1419 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 506 reviews)

1. "Part Time Driver"

Current Employee - Part Time Driver in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Driver in Carson, CA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is perfect for those recovering from a health condition, caretakers, students, retirees etc. The schedule is very flexible and getting paid to visit beautiful locations is invaluable.

Cons

The pay is low, you have to wait for people when you shuttle or not to get gas, solve an issue at a branch but sometimes they just want to take a super long lunch break and know you must wait.

Advice to Management

Thank you for hiring Patrick Potvin, he is a saint. Also, thank you for keeping customer service as a top priority.

2. "Good launching point for fresh out of college"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and training with enjoyable peers

Cons

Hours sometimes management can manipulate trainee's to fit there needs on a personal basis.

Advice to Management

Rule out interoffice relationships--- When you have Area Manager's dating BM's that can cause a lot of frustration for everyone below.

"THE TRUTH!!! READ THIS"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working w/ enterprise you will develop a lot of interpersonal skills that will help you in your personal life even if you're a shy person. enterprise gives everyone the valuable resources needed to succeed in this company (such as training classes, mentors, etc) you can also transfer to different division in the company if you no longer want to do daily rental. opportunities do open up very often and as long as you qualify you have a shot. if you're into sales and have a family and aren't really creative than this job is perfect for you. the career path is transparent and good energy for the most part. Alot of money can be made moving up in enterprise and in different divisions. you can become an area manager in 5 years and all level 3 positions make 6 figures.

Cons

LONG HOURS!!!!!!! the minimum you will work is 48hrs/week. your average pay check will be 1200+/- and after putting in 100hrs in a pay period is it really worth it?
    every monday you are in the office at 6:15 cleaning cars ...every day you are cleaning cars in a suit (for males) going on pick ups miles away to get customers who just complain. you work 9-11hrs everyday but saturday, which is about 5 hours. there is no work life balance because when you get home at about 630-7 youre dead tired and only have about 3 hours to do something fun until you have to get a full night sleep.

BENEFITS. the benefits are super the bare minimum compared to any other company. they only match 3% and for your first year you have to work a full month to earn one day off. after 1 yr you get 17 days and can only carry over 5 for each year. there is no pension.

Customers, enterprise is a service/sales business and the repeated customer types you will deal with can weigh you down.

Body shops, the motto is to always please your business partners so it means bending over backwards to make sure theyre happy even if you dont have the resources too.

Promotions, enterprise is a SALES JOB so if you are not a outstanding top preformer you will get over looked, even if you are qualifying and just average, the position will always go to the better seller. there are a lot of hidden politics in this job as well. so they emphasize that you have to get people to like you and upper management forms favorites early.

Advice to Management

be more clear with new hires that this is a sales job 100% and hire more service agents and not come down on MT's about cleaning cars, because that is not why we were hired.

4. "Hard work rewarded"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Palmdale, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An individual get re compensated for their hard work and dedication

Cons

50+ hours a week and weekends, leadership lacks experience

Advice to Management

Hire branch managers that already have management experiance

5. "Great"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

Pros

Very nice co workers and I love am I the different stories you get to hear from the customer

Cons

Difficult yo get full time hours and so.freedom for wiggle room to accommodate the vustomers

Advice to Management

Value yoyr employees

"Disappointment. Mentally and Physically Exhausting."

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, Enterprise ended up being a love/hate for me. The company has one of the best training programs available but you MUST BE A TOP SELLER OR YOU WILL GO NOWHERE. I fortunately was in the top 1/3 of sales each month as a management trainee and a few months I was in the top 10. If you are in the top 10 for sales out of your group (usually around 150-175 employees depending on the city) you get invited to a "Platinum Club Dinner" which is a great way to have face time with department heads and even the VP of the group. The problem with how the sales program is set up is that you have to have a certain customer service score (ESQI) to even qualify. A few months my individual sales numbers were good enough to go but since my branch had a low customer service score I didn't get to attend the dinner. Now how does this make sense? You're not allowing your best sellers to go because of a random service call made out to customers and some people just happen to never be satisfied. On the other-hand you will work with some great people along the way that I am still friends with today. Area Managers often hold weekly sales contests for Free Lunches and Happy Hours. Although, I think a better incentive to have would be a few hours paid off for performing well or sporting event tickets or something. (thats just my opinion). It really all depends on your branch that you work at, city, and your managers. My second manager was one of the best managers I've ever had at a job which is why she got promoted to Area Manager a few months after I got started. Some other pros are benefits but the 401k is average. Only 3% matching and you have to be there for 6 years to be 100% vested. You also learn how to really communicate with people and build relationships. Depending on your branch some of these people may be corporate travelers and you may see them multiple times a week. One of my old co-workers had such a good relationship with a renter that he was actually offered a sales job by him and ended up taking it.

Cons

As you can see the main con is work/life balance which was the reason I ended up leaving the company and got a different sales job. I didn't want to leave Enterprise because I was performing very well and on track to be an Assistant Manager at the start of my second year. After I grilled(MQI Test) I stayed for a few months hoping that it would get better but it only got worse. AT A MINIMUM A MANAGEMENT TRAINEE WILL WORK 49 HOURS. I AVERAGED 52-58 HOURS A WEEK AND WE WERE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS. (SOME BRANCHES ARE A 7 DAY OPERATION.) IF YOU WANT TO HIT YOU BASE PAY IN KANSAS CITY AS AN ASSISTANT MANAGER YOU MUST WORK A MINIMUM OF 53 HOURS. 53 hours minimum is absurd.... I would get to work at 6:45 a.m. and leave most nights around 6:45 p.m. On top of all that the worst part is you have to wash cars in a suit and tie.. Most branches including ours are understaffed and the MT's became the car preps. I on average cleaned around 20-25 cars each day. Then I would run inside all sweaty and disgusting to help out a customer. Its honestly a joke. The only positive way to look at this is that you'll develop one hell of a work ethic and transitioning into a normal 40-45 hour work week will feel like a breeze.

Advice to Management

Please invest in your employees more. Obviously, the sales and customer service is the bread and butter of the company but you physically and mentally exhausted me so much that I go so frustrated that I forced myself to go find a new job. My branch has 4-5 MT's that have only been there for a few months and are already looking for new jobs. Don't forget to take care of your employees because the results will not follow if you continue to operate the way you are. 4 of my co workers left within my first year I was there.

-Update computer and operating system. The system is inefficient and slow. Operating Systems are from the Late 90s-Mid 2000s.

- DON'T UNDERSTAFF BRANCHES. SEEMS TO BE A MAJOR ISSUE IN KC.

-Looks great on your resume and maybe this job will land you a great new job.. But good luck making this your career. I am single with no kids and it was near impossible to keep up. People aren't meant to work nearly 60 Hours a week.

"Intern"

Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people you work with are great
    - Days go by fast
    - Intern training and parties

Cons

- Don't be fooled by the "business 101 on 10 cups of coffee" tagline on their job posting, a Management Trainee and MT Intern are essentially retail associates. Thats it. I remember going into interview being prepared to talk about my previous business experiences at my past internships, and all the area manager wanted to know about was my time working at market basket. This "Internship" reminds me a lot of my time working as waiter, but as a waiter at least I was getting paid more, and at least they weren't trying to make the job seem more professional then it actually is. The fact you need a college degree to get into the MT program is joke, they'll literally take a lesbian dance theory major on board as long as you have a degree. Trust me when I say this, YOU are better than this company, keep searching.

Advice to Management

Be more forthcoming on the job description.

8. "Not worth your time"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Good starting point
    Will hire you before you graduate

Cons

Long hours
    Understaffed
    You have to compete against dishonest staff

9. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management in Glendora, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Glendora, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company outings, t&e for office lunches or coffee, and can make friends with your coworkers

Cons

long hours, you work more weekends then you'll expect, crazy/rude customers, washing cars, 30 min lunches (sometimes) and you move around after every few months

Advice to Management

take care of your employees and they will take care of you!

10. "Good first job, you learn by trial and error."

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Henderson, KY
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Henderson, KY

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can test out so many different kinds of cars and see which ones perform well and which ones do not. Not especially difficult tasks, but you must be organized to finish all of your duties in a day. Good coworkers on the whole. Good chance for advancement.

Cons

Do not expect to be taken under anyone's wing and taught how to be a good manager/businessperson. Training consists of very general suggestions. Marketing is an afterthought and really is just stopping by and handing out business cards. Long hours, especially at a 7 day operation. Your evening starts halfway through everyone else's. Hard to have life outside of work. Your advancement is highly dependent on who you have the chance to learn under and when. If you haven't made it to assistant manager after 1 year look for other employment. Advancement is highly dependent on interview skills, more than even performance at the job. Which is frustrating. A lot of morally grey decisions happen at enterprise, just be aware that you will run into them. Usually renting a crappy car to renting to known drug traffickers, to playing with the books to make it look better. You must be comfortable with operating in morally grey areas.

Advice to Management

Training was very sink or swim in my experience. I received very little role play training or tips on how to improve myself. Hours are very long, and it is irritating that such a fit is made if we approach 48 hours paid.

Showing 7,835 of 8,431 reviews