Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesCurrent Employees

2,091 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1450 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 515 reviews)

1. "Still A Work In Progress"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good mentorship program (when you actually participate)
    Good Management Training Program (When You Fully Commit)

Cons

Long Tiring Days Work Days

Advice to Management

Be consistent!!

2. "Driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Driver in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Enterprise part-time

Pros

They seem to employ well adjusted, happy, energetic people.

Cons

Need more compensation for the work provided.

Advice to Management

The movement of people and vehicles to and from locations is vital to the lifeblood of this business. If management would understand how vital our services are than they should pay a higher wage, bonuses, and/or some benefits.

3. "🚗"

Current Employee - Remarketing Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Remarketing Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers
    Great Training
    Relationships with accounts
    Make your own schedule
    Great resume booster (consistently have recruiters reach out after seeing experience)

Cons

Easily work 50+ hours a week. Can't think of the last time I didn't.
    Lots of travel
    Internal politics
    Sometimes unattainable goals
    Low salary

Advice to Management

"We work hard and reward hard work" -don't forget the reward part.

4. "So far this is one of the best jobs I've had."

Current Employee - Part-time Driver in Pharr, TX
    Current Employee - Part-time Driver in Pharr, TX

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros that I can't think of are: great co-workers, decent lunch break, reasonable workdays, accommodating to my schedule, fun, carefree environment.

Cons

I can't currently think of any but if I HAD to write something I would just say I wish it was a full-time job.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

5. "Support Clerk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. great location

Cons

Team building is discourage. Unable to get a head unless you have years of tenor forget quality of your work

Advice to Management

Please allow the people who want to shine to shine and not so much on tenor. The work itself should be accountable for advancement instead of who kisses up the most.

6. "Management trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee Program in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Program in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you a clear path, all the tools and support needed to get promoted rather quickly while learning how the business works.

Cons

You do work a lot of hours. In a week, you can work anywhere from 48 to 53 hours. Its not easy to have a good work life balance until you're promoted to branch manager.

7. "Great Company Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working for Enterprise! I have been with the company almost a year and a half. The people that I have met here are always willing to lend a hand to help you advance. It is definitely an awesome feeling knowing that you have people behind you that want to help you succeed just as much as you do!

Cons

You do have to adjust to the long hours.

8. "Part Time Driver"

Current Employee - Part Time Driver in Carson, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Driver in Carson, CA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is perfect for those recovering from a health condition, caretakers, students, retirees etc. The schedule is very flexible and getting paid to visit beautiful locations is invaluable.

Cons

The pay is low, you have to wait for people when you shuttle or not to get gas, solve an issue at a branch but sometimes they just want to take a super long lunch break and know you must wait.

Advice to Management

Thank you for hiring Patrick Potvin, he is a saint. Also, thank you for keeping customer service as a top priority.

"THE TRUTH!!! READ THIS"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working w/ enterprise you will develop a lot of interpersonal skills that will help you in your personal life even if you're a shy person. enterprise gives everyone the valuable resources needed to succeed in this company (such as training classes, mentors, etc) you can also transfer to different division in the company if you no longer want to do daily rental. opportunities do open up very often and as long as you qualify you have a shot. if you're into sales and have a family and aren't really creative than this job is perfect for you. the career path is transparent and good energy for the most part. Alot of money can be made moving up in enterprise and in different divisions. you can become an area manager in 5 years and all level 3 positions make 6 figures.

Cons

LONG HOURS!!!!!!! the minimum you will work is 48hrs/week. your average pay check will be 1200+/- and after putting in 100hrs in a pay period is it really worth it?
    every monday you are in the office at 6:15 cleaning cars ...every day you are cleaning cars in a suit (for males) going on pick ups miles away to get customers who just complain. you work 9-11hrs everyday but saturday, which is about 5 hours. there is no work life balance because when you get home at about 630-7 youre dead tired and only have about 3 hours to do something fun until you have to get a full night sleep.

BENEFITS. the benefits are super the bare minimum compared to any other company. they only match 3% and for your first year you have to work a full month to earn one day off. after 1 yr you get 17 days and can only carry over 5 for each year. there is no pension.

Customers, enterprise is a service/sales business and the repeated customer types you will deal with can weigh you down.

Body shops, the motto is to always please your business partners so it means bending over backwards to make sure theyre happy even if you dont have the resources too.

Promotions, enterprise is a SALES JOB so if you are not a outstanding top preformer you will get over looked, even if you are qualifying and just average, the position will always go to the better seller. there are a lot of hidden politics in this job as well. so they emphasize that you have to get people to like you and upper management forms favorites early.

Advice to Management

be more clear with new hires that this is a sales job 100% and hire more service agents and not come down on MT's about cleaning cars, because that is not why we were hired.

10. "Great Jumpstart Career"

Current Intern - Intern in Morgantown, WV
    Current Intern - Intern in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Enterprise as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Good management, room for improvement, lots of freedom, real job for college student, flexible schedule

Cons

Lots of information to digest, no benefits for part-time

Showing 4,464 of 8,592 reviews