Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

6,650 reviews

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

6,650 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, people from every level are willing to help you out (in 395 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 593 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1411 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 505 reviews)

1. "Great career builder"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Massive growth opportunities, lots of training easy to get promoted

Cons

Long hours, they 'own' you!

Advice to Management

Create real work life balance not just give required time off a name!

2. "I have never worked for a company that is as supportive of employees and offers this level of opportunity."

Current Employee - Area Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The biggest thing for me is the unlimited career potential and support from my upper management. I am given recognition for a job well done and feedback on how to improve.

Cons

I can honestly say that I have no issues with the company as a whole, the people I work with or the way I am managed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have not been let down yet and managent is always open to suggestions.

"Informative."

Current Employee - Remarketing Inventory Coordinator in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Remarketing Inventory Coordinator in Bloomington, IL

Pros

It is a very young culture and a family owned business. It's the best of both worlds.

Cons

Working outside in harsh weather.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Fulfilling"

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great professional growth along with great income opportunity. I have learned an incredible amount of how to run a business. The training I have received to manage people, focused on performance and development of my team is excellent.

Cons

Hard work and longer hours is challenging. The promotions do take a lot of work and can sometimes be frustrating if you don't get your first position.

"My hard work has been rewarded personally, professionally, & financially through my 6 promotions in 7 years."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

My two favorite parts of working at Enterprise are the long term growth potential (which brings so much from responsibility to leadership to earning potential), and the people. Everyone at Enterprise starts at the bottom, and works their way up. Promotions are based solely on performance, not tenure. You are truly given the opportunity to learn every aspect of running a business, and you are able to explore each part of the business. As you grow in your career, you are able to move into positions that you enjoy, are good at, and passionate about. The working environment is phenomenal. You work with passionate employees that want to have fun. There is a great sense of health competition, and the team work is amazing.

Cons

The con’s at Enterprise for me are few and far between. Washing cars on a really hot day is not always fun. We have car preps whose job duty is to wash the cars, but sometimes they get really busy and need help…it’s all part of being an entrepreneur and owning your own business!

Advice to Management

My feedback to my upper level managers is to continue to have the open door policy, and continue to listen to your employees. I love that our General Manager takes time out of his day to visit our branch locations and get feedback from employees. It really shows that he cares.

"My experience at Enterprise Rent A Car has been extremely rewarding."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I began with Enterprise because I heard that it was a fun place to work. My "job" quickly became a career. I fell in love with the fast paced environment, the team I worked with, and the opportunity for advancement. I now have a career with a great company that works just as hard to take care of its employees as it does its customers.

Cons

I do not have any major negative things to say about Enterprise. One of its core values is that if you work hard your hard work will be rewarded. Working hard is part of the Enterprise culture so if you are not a hard worker you will not be recognized the way the hard workers are.

Advice to Management

I would tell Enterprise Management to continue to invest in its people and in its community as it has throughout my career.

7. "Excellent Company to work for with a Great Management Training Program."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Great Management Training Program that is well-known throughout the business world. They teach you how to run a location with the ability to make your own decisions.

Cons

None, This is an outstanding company with a lot of upside. I would highly recommend Enterprise Rent A Car to anyone looking for a place to work.

Advice to Management

None, They give you the ability to make decisions on the spot to resolve any issue and truely care about Customer Service as a way of life!

"I've had tremendous growth, personally, professionally, and there is no ceiling to what I can personally achieve."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Enterprise is a company that provides opportunties you can't find in most companies this size. for someone who is motivated and is willing to learn, the growth opportunties are limitless. I've been with the company since I've graduated from college and I've gotten an opportunity to work in several different markets. I tell every person that I come in contact with that if they do well tehre will always be room for growth. Many of the positions (and even operations) that are in place now, were not a few years ago. The company continues to grow and expand. Becuase the culture is so strong, I see that growth continuing far into the future.

Cons

The more effort you put into it, the more you'll get out of it. This isn't a company that churns out people, but if you thin that by just showing up you are entitled to something, you're wrong. The company supports and promotes hard work. Be motivated and you'll be successful. That means staying until the job gets done. Some people don't always like that idea!

Advice to Management

The company continues to grow and expand. The fact that it is Taylor owned and makes decisions based on the long term growth of the company is what makes it great. As the company continues to grow, we have to stay true to that philosophy.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Agent in East Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Agent in East Providence, RI

Pros

It is a great place to work

Cons

Management a little weak with employees

Advice to Management

Support employees more with family leave

10. "Enterprise Rent-a-Car is a fun place to work with lots of opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Fun people work for Enterprise, great incentives/benefits, Enterprise rewards hard work, It is a family-owned company with great ethics, based on personal performance you have the opporunity to move up in the company quickly!

Cons

long hours, if this is the first job out of college- difficult to adjust to at first.

Showing 6,650 of 8,403 reviews