Enterprise Reviews in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Enterprise Seattle Reviews

Updated August 9, 2017

Seattle, WA Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, people from every level are willing to help you out (in 395 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 593 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1411 reviews)

• No work life balance to speak of (in 505 reviews)

"Area Rental Manager"

Former Employee - Area Rental Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Area Rental Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Positive work environment, great co-workers, clearly defined career path, merit based promotions, only promotes from within, big financial upside and a lot of promotional opportunities.

Cons

Hours realistically range closer to high 40s low 50s. If you're working more...you're doing something wrong and your upper management will tell you. Mobility/out of state relocation will become necessary at some point.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees. A lot of positive changes have occurred in the past few years, keep the door open to more ideas.

2. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are awesome. Most of them are between 20-30 very young atmosphere which makes for a lot of joking around.
    It's not all fun and games either. I've learned a lot working here. Whether that's in the customer service end or on the management end. They live by the yes mentality as well as work hard reward hard work.

Cons

It's definitely a grind. They are upfront with you when you sign up that you'll be working 48-50 hrs/week. And sometimes more. It takes a toll on you having to deal with some not so nice customers every single day.

3. "Enterprise Rent a Car Intern Program"

Former Intern - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Intern - Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

In terms of a college internship, there's not a lot of internships that have you doing more business related things that hardly anyone else in college. You actually do rate negotiations on cars, following up on your inventory. Learn great customer service, and get to ride around in some sweet cars. Even if you don't choose to work there after college, it's a great internship to have on your resumes.
    What it really comes down to, is the people you work with, my branch was great, but that wasn't the case with every one.

Cons

- You work a lot and you can get burnt out after awhile. Expect 50+ hour work weeks, and unless you're driving a car. You're on your feet all day.
    - Pay isn't great
    - Your whole performance is pretty much based upon you well you sell their coverage on rental vehicles. Which even the employees would not recommend their own family members buying. It feels bad to push shady coverage that you don't feel people actually need.
    - You're the low person on the totem pole, so you're going to be doing the tasks no one else wants to do. Washing cars, chauffeuring people around. Paperwork.

"Extremely Fast Paced"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You create amazing friendships with people you work with. The pay is decent for coming out of college and beginning your career. Any degree you have will let you work for this company. You learn a lot about being professional and things you normally would not know about like 401K, HSA accounts, marketing, analyzing numbers, and how to be efficient in life. Amazing training is given in Renton for a week.

Cons

OVERWORKED!! Stressful, favoritism in the company, company is extremely greedy, 47-52 hours a week, under staffed with high turnover rate, no work-life balance. This job puts pressure on your relationships since you become a robot in the Green Machine.

Advice to Management

Stop being greedy and seeing employees as someone that can be replaced. You burnout all your employees and put more emphasis on generating profits than the well being of your employees. Also stop lying to your new hires that if they work hard they will be making six figures. I know plenty of people who were with the company for over 5 years and were MVP's in their division and quit because company politics dictated job growth opportunities!

5. "Management trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Good work experience. Co workers

Cons

No work life balance at all.

6. "Run screaming like your hair was on fire."

Former Employee - Remarketing Inventory Coordinator in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Remarketing Inventory Coordinator in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mandatory overtime, lots of it, but you have to work for it.

Cons

Lies, stealing, work you till you have nothing left. Like squeezing blood from a stone.

Advice to Management

Get some.

"horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

honestly they are really good at dangling the carrot. In fact the I don't think it could be better.

Cons

too many hours! work life balance gets worse as you move up in the company. Area managers have been in their current roles for over 8 years, and they are not looking to move them up or out...

8. "MANAGEMENT TRAINEE"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great straight out of college career option, great people to work with, they give you the tools to learn how to run a business.

Cons

The hours are the con for the job.

"Tough Yet Rewarding"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This was by far one of the toughest and most challenging jobs I've ever had, but I learned and grew from it so incredibly much that I wouldn't change it for the world. The company culture of Enterprise is unparalleled, but it definitely isn't for everyone. I met more friends, made more networking contacts, and found more mentors than I would have ever expected. It was tough, I wanted to cry, I wanted to quit, it is definitely not for the faint of heart. But as a first job out of college, my professional career is going to be ever more successful because of what I learned in my 3 and a half year stint.

(I should add that most of the salaries on here are very inaccurate, in my time here, the company issued 2 separate raises to our group, and trainee's now make about $44k, Assistant managers start at $52k and Branch managers about $60k, but as a manager, if you perform well you get raises every 6 months, so there are many assistants pushing the 60k range and many branch mangers upwards of 80k)

Cons

Long hours
    Customer facing
    Not for the faint of heart
    100% sales driven

Enterprise Response

May 18, 2016 – Employer Brand Senior Specialist

Thanks for the honest review from Tacoma! We're thrilled that you had such a rewarding experience, but sorry to see you go. Thanks for the 3 1/2 years you spent with Enterprise!

"Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun culture, work hard, play hard. The leaders in this company are truly great leaders who understand what it takes to get to the top from the bottom up. Every leader in the company has gone through the management trainee program and experienced the good, bad and the ugly.

Cons

Long hours, having to wash cars in suites, went through shoes and suites frequently, customers were tough to since they were usually unhappy to be out of their car and in a rental car (insurance replacement rentals)

Advice to Management

Continue to reward and recognize your employees, Enterprise rewards those who work hard, and weeds out the slackers very quickly.

Showing 69 of 8,411 reviews