Enterprise Reviews in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 372 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 550 reviews)

Cons

"Good experience right out of college"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the best people you'll ever meet, amazing co-workers, fun events outside of work, great training program, great resume builder, awesome experience, good communication, awesome teamwork and you'll learn a ton.

Cons

Work life balance- I really wish I paid attention to this common con when I looked up reviews prior to taking the job, I rarely saw my family and rarely enjoyed days off with my significant other who works a M-F/8-5 job, I don't know how employees with kids and a family do this job and make everything work. Sales are the only thing that will get you promoted and the only thing upper management cares about, it doesn't matter how good of an employee you are or how great at customer service you are, sales is what gets you promoted bottom line. You work long hours & long days on your feet outside all day. Dealing with difficult customers is part of the everyday job, but that's customer service for you. I had some really lazy managers and I understood why they were lazy because this job exhausts you over time and beats you down. I constantly had managers complain to me about their paycheck...that's really not motivating me to want to move up with the company. Not a lot of opportunity for growth in some cities.

Advice to Management

Help those employees who are genuinely trying and want to move up, listen to their goals. If a store is struggling, speak to employees and see where the root of the problem is. Figure out how to help struggling sales people rather than treating them like they're nothing and embarrassing them in front of others, I saw a lot of co workers get ripped apart for sales by managers and management needs to help build these people up not beat them down.

"Manager Trainee"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great. They also have a good training program.

Cons

long Hours, Managment micromanages you. They pay is not enough for all the sales we made

Advice to Management

They work you to a wall at enterprise. I was working 50 hour weeks. Getting micromanaged they almost try to brainwash you to think it's normal. I was working 2 pm to 1 shifts. Then getting ripped for showing up 5 minutes late.

3. "Enterprise"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    401K employer match 3%
    PTO
    If you work with positive people it can make the job less stressful and more fun

Cons

No work-life balance
    Stressful
    Always washing cars
    Sales is the only way you can move up in the company

Advice to Management

Area managers should manage each of their branches without the manager at least once a month to see how each branch is ran.

5. "Call Center Roadside Assistant Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Generous pay and benefits, room for growth.

Cons

Poor training, they are numbers based instead of customer service. You may have A+ customer service skills but here, you treat the customer like a transaction

Advice to Management

All managers need to be on the same page. Training should be taken in a slower pace and not just rush through everything.

6. "Promotional guidelines"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great resume builder. Good experience in running a business. Clearly defined business structure. Solid foundation values based on ethic and personal integrity.

Cons

Little to no work-life balance. Would be good pay if based on a 40 hour work week. Promotions based on numbers, not individual competency. Very political in terms of interviewing structure and promotional opportunities.

Advice to Management

More commission based bonuses in addition to base pay. Either increase pay for 49+ hour work week or keep pay and reduce weekly hours to 40.

7. "Great company to stay or start a career."

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great pay from hours, great for a recent college grad or someone who is looking for a resume builder

Cons

50 hours a week, you dont always have cars

Advice to Management

Keep it the same

"Long hours and under paid"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Training and nice people.

Cons

Long hours, low pay and big turnover rate

Advice to Management

Care about employees more and less about numbers

"Upward mobility if performing"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Promotions based on performance and promote from within

Cons

Need to make friends with boss rather than strictly perform. You have to remind your supervisor of all the great things you do or it won't be recognized if you have the wrong supervisor.

Advice to Management

Don't give your managers as much autonomy with little back end follow up. You can lose great people who aren't receiving the training and resources needed.

10. "Enterprise offers challenges, training, continued development, and the opportunity to work with great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Performance-based promotions, industry leader, fun and friendly place to work, great benefits, reputation for providing excellent customer service, and respected in the business world!

Cons

With promotions based on performance and not tenure, employees can struggle with self-induced pressure to be the best. There's an inherent culture of "work hard, play hard."

Advice to Management

I see the benefits of working for a privately-held company every day. I'm pretty confident and hope that Enterprise will stay that way. Great job to the Taylor family!

11. "I have never worked for a company that is as supportive of employees and offers this level of opportunity."

Current Employee - Area Manager in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The biggest thing for me is the unlimited career potential and support from my upper management. I am given recognition for a job well done and feedback on how to improve.

Cons

I can honestly say that I have no issues with the company as a whole, the people I work with or the way I am managed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have not been let down yet and managent is always open to suggestions.

Showing 12 of 7,624 reviews