Enterprise "customer service" Reviews | Glassdoor

Enterprise Employee Reviews about "customer service"

Updated Feb 10, 2020

3.6
Enterprise CEO Chrissy Taylor
Chrissy Taylor
Pros
  • "customer service is rewarded from a team point of view as well as individually(in 788 reviews)

• "Good manager, great people to work with(in 674 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes long hours but rewarding in long run(in 3415 reviews)

• "Long hours which might effect your work life balance(in 2181 reviews)

Reviews about "customer service"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Opportunities"

Current Employee - Management Assistant

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upward movement, great coworkers and management, hard work leads to promotion

Cons

long hours, customer service, hard work

Enterprise2019-12-07

"Fantastic opportunities to learn - beware of burnout"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Washington, DC

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I want to provide a comprehensive review, simply because a lot of the responses on Glassdoor are just short complaints that do not provide very useful information. But before I get into that, a little breakdown of my mindset going in to working at Enterprise: I knew it was not going to be my forever job from the beginning. I planned to stay for about a year to learn some broad-based skills and then move on to an industry in which I was more interested. A lot of people start working at ERAC with the mindset of only staying at the company for a few years, but it is absolutely an organization that has an "up or out" philosophy. If you're not willing to move up in the company, there's really no point in staying there because of how quickly people promote. If you're someone who doesn't have a problem committing a good portion of their career to one company and gaining significant financial benefits from it, then Enterprise is definitely a good option for you. 1) The People: If you ever decide to work for Enterprise, one of the first things you'll hear about the company is the quality of the employees. And while many of the ERAC mantras can be annoyingly repetitive (area managers and above frequently talk like they’ve been drinking the ERAC Kool-aid for a while), this claim is absolutely true. Enterprise hires some of the most driven, ambitious, intelligent, and genuine young people around, and they really are the strong foundation that makes the company successful. 2) The Leadership: Every single person above you was in your shoes at one point. Thus, they know what kind of garbage you go through with customers, how banal the job can be, and how exhausting it is transitioning from college (or another industry) to a 12-hour a day job. You won't see much of the higher-ups (regional managers and above) as they only pop in every few weeks to say some words of encouragement and check to make sure the branches look clean, but you will interact with your branch and assistant managers on a daily basis. Assuming they're good people and doing their jobs effectively, you will learn a lot from them while you're an MT. 3) The Skillset: You're going to work. A LOT. And you're frequently going to be working with customers who are...horrible people. Like for no reason. But through working with the large amount of people that you will (no matter how good or bad they are) you are going to gain extremely valuable skills to launch your future career - whether that's at Enterprise or somewhere else. Communication, sales, conflict management, strategic thinking, problem-solving; this is just some of what you're going to learn as an MT.

Cons

1) The Hours: Most reviews put this in the “Cons” section and it’s because it’s accurate; you will not have a work/life balance at Enterprise. The minimum expectation is 49 hours/week, which is actually what your targeted salary is based on. You will likely work around 55-60 hours/week, and your branch and assistant managers will work more. Branches are typically open from 7:30am-6:00pm, but most of us are there in the morning at 6:45am-7:00am to wash the cars in preparation for the day. Customers who come in at 6:00pm (and people absolutely will try to come in even if the doors are locked) can also hold you up for another 20-30 minutes. If you’re at an airport location or a flagship branch that is open every day, you will work holidays. If your branch is understaffed, you will not get a lunch. 2) The Work: You’re going to be doing the exact same thing every single day. Checking customers into cars takes up the majority of your time, and while the ability to constantly practice your sales pitch is pretty fun, you’re going to find yourself asking every single customer the exact same questions in an attempt to make conversation and keep up the perception of quality customer service. There’s also a lot of backend work to be done, such as calling customers to verify that they are still planning to come in to pick up a car, coordinating with body shop and dealership locations, and leaving voicemails for customers who picked up a car and haven’t returned it in a few days and now have a balance due even though their card declined. Oh, and don’t forget about cleaning the cars. 3) The Promotional Path: This is actually one of the primary reasons I left Enterprise. There’s very limited options to move beyond daily rental, and you’re really only able to do so after becoming a Branch Manager or above, which generally takes 1.5-3 years to attain. If you want to explore HR, business management, fleet work, or any other departments, you’re going to have to stick with the company for a number of years.

Enterprise2018-04-04

Enterprise Response

August 6, 2018Manager Employer Brand

Thanks so much for your thorough and honest review! Good luck in your future endeavors!

"Pretty good"

Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Teach you how to be your own boss, learn a lot about customer service and sales.

Cons

Lots of hours, little to no work/life balance, work weekends

Enterprise2020-02-08
  4. "Learn many functions of business"

Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Columbia, SC

I worked at Enterprise for less than a year

Pros

Logistics, Ambiguity, Sales, Overcoming Objections, Customer Service Experience

Cons

Long work days with tough customer needs

Enterprise2020-02-04
  5. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The role is challenging and you get excellent training in sales and customer service. Working at Enterprise you gain experience in solving problems and working with customers as well as other businesses.

Cons

The long hours can be tiring and depending on the location of your branch the job can be very stressful. I worked away from a large city so gaining fleet was challenging at times. For promotions there tends to be a bottleneck where people don't get promoted. Because of this, it takes a long time to make the jump from Branch Manager to Area Manager.

Enterprise2020-01-28
  6. "Good place to start your career"

Current Employee - Consultant, Telecommunications in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands on experiences with customer service and fleet management

Cons

Little training actually given. You are taught the basics of customer service techniques and must create your own work style

Enterprise2020-01-31
  7. "Beware of burnout"

Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is decent, benefits are good. Great position for a workaholic.

Cons

Work-life balance doesn't exist (50+ hours/week). You will spend a lot of alone time in a car with total strangers. Opportunity to promote is based solely on sales and customer service (anything less than "completely satisfied" is null). You will likely have to move if you want to make more money. You will disappoint a LOT of customers due to not having exactly what they've requested/not having anything at all.

Enterprise2020-01-29
  8. "Solid career start, long hours"

Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern

I worked at Enterprise for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to move up and around to different locations, lots of available hours to work, development of customer service skills , awesome coworkers

Cons

Always understaffed, not the best training for their internship.. kind of just throw you in the fire and you have to figure things out

Enterprise2020-01-27
  9. "Long and Tedious but Good Customer Service Experience"

Former Intern - Sales Trainee

I worked at Enterprise for less than a year

Pros

lots of first hand customer service experience

Cons

suits in the outdoors (can be very hot)

Enterprise2020-01-26

"Great learning experience, extremely poor work life balance"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned many, many things about business as a management trainee all the way to an assistant manager at the airport, invaluable skills that I still have with me now. Sales, customer service, growing the business.

Cons

Time off and flexibility are extremely limited, you're basically expected to be there every day and taking time off & breaks are frowned upon. I would receive calls on my off days from upper management and it didn't look good if I didnt come in on my off days for meetings. Overall days leave you exhausted

Enterprise2020-01-03

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 1175 reviews