Entertainment Benefits Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Brett D. Reizen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The comps to shows and tours were an awesome pro for doing this job (in 9 reviews)

• It is a fair company with great growth potential (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge turn over rate due to the proceeding statement and POOR mid-level management decisions (in 4 reviews)

• HR is a joke and upper management is the worst (in 4 reviews)

1. "Growing company, great environment and plenty of opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Entertainment Benefits Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Onsite gym, personal trainer, opportunities for advancement, growing company, positive attitudes, and great holiday parties just to name a few.

My direct supervisor is always open to hearing my ideas. I really feel like a part of what makes the company successful.

The CEO is young, energetic and communicates with all of us on a regular basis. It makes me feel like I am part of something really special.

Cons

Health benefits seem to be in-line with other companies in the industry and of similar size, but I would love if they were a little bit better.

Advice to Management

Help people understand the great things this company offers to retain more good employees.

"Concierge"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Entertainment Benefits Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comps, Paid Training, Good hospitality and Sales Experience. They don't drug test and hire a diverse group of people. If you need a full time job they will give it to you.

Cons

You aren't a concierge, you are a sales agent. You sell tickets and tours all while pretending and acting like a concierge. Hourly pay is not good if you are in a casino will be 7.50 an hour. You cannot sell shows that are within your own casino. The commission isn't good and doesn't have rhyme or reason. In other words, take a show that is wildly popular on the strip that people always ask for and it costs 300 dollars a ticket, if you manage to sell the full price ticket you get 1 dollar. A show that is having a promotion and is only 50 dollars you might get 3 dollars. There is a lot of products and no consistency on pay, some companies that offer beautiful tours pay low commission and another company that gives a mediocre experience will pay YOU 4x more, what are you going to decide? You have to sell at least 30 dollars a day or 300 dollars in commission each pay period to make roughly 10.85 an hour, and when 7/10 questions are complaints about the hotels or general directions. When fully staffed the desk you are at will have you sharing computers so you make no sales for a certain period of time if someone won't give you a chance to sell. You will be expected to "make your money" by going to the lobby, people will be rude to you because they think you are timeshare salesmen. You will be expected to act like you are part of the hotel at all times even when you are not, you will be answering a question about the pool or bell desk. When someone goes up to your coworker and asks for a big ticket item and you have to smile and accept it, but the reality is you might drop 0 if that’s the only guest that purchases anything all day and it does happen regularly in slow months. You will have to go to shows and do tours to actually sell anything. The competing internet prices even from EBG's other websites will ruin this sales position rather quickly, you are part of showtickets.com, your name-tag says it. However, you don't sell any of the deep discounts on the website. You are selling the worst tours for full price, the discounts the company has are always beaten by online prices in the day and age of cell phones an interpersonal interaction is nothing look at retail and you will understand... if you are at a slow property you will never hit their sales goals and if you are at a busy property you still will never hit your sales goals because they are out of reach for everyone. If you go to different properties there are people who make 10 dollars an hour and if you cover their shifts you will not be paid that. Also, I have not witnessed internal promotions. All the managers I saw get hired were outsiders so I don't feel that agents have a real chance to move up. EBG seems to act like they are in your best interest for your health by providing a gym and personal trainer, those are basically inaccessible if you are a field agent and the gym that they will pay for monthly only has two locations so I still had to pay for a gym on my own so that benefit did me no good.

Advice to Management

The scheduling is very strange. Someone should analyze the sales and figure out when it picks up and instead of having all full time staff have people who are on call and part time, that way when there are call outs you call in those people. Every major company on the strip has moved to such measure so there is not over-staffing.

"Not A Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Concierge in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Concierge in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Entertainment Benefits Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone receives comps to shows and tours, which is fantastic.

Cons

Management won't hesitate to throw someone under the bus when it comes to incidents. The turnover rate is at an all-time high, since not too many people will tolerate disrespect coming from a company who could careless about their employees.

Advice to Management

Avoid playing favoritism.

"Growing Company with oncoming growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Entertainment Benefits Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities within all four offices
    Competitive health insurance, vision and dental
    401k match
    PTO and Personal Days
    Comps to attractions and shows nationwide
    Onsite gym and yoga/dance studio - personal trainer, yoga and zumba instructors

Cons

Being a growing company means a lot of changes in procedures and policies. Not necessarily a con, it's just a reality.

"Underpaid, unrealistic Goals, Unprofessional managment"

Current Employee - Concierge in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Concierge in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Get to see and do shows, tours
    Set schedule as well as days off request usually happen

Cons

Management not skilled well
    Unobtainable goals
    Unnecessary meetings

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to respect field managers and appreciate them for what they do. Should probably stop by and praise the workers in the field for the hard work and efforts given. As a concierge on the strip doing more then a normal concierge at $7.50 and hour plus a commission structure that is horrible. The goals are a joke for what we do in the field.

"Entertainment Benefits Group, Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

This company is a great place to work. We have great comp benefits for shows throughout the city, the company has great health benefits as we just added a gym to our main office in Las Vegas, and they also pay for gym passes for us!
    Once a new agent puts in the time & effort to learn the sales skills needed, if you are at a great property, most agents make great money 10 months out of the year! (2 months slow season)

Cons

The hourly pay is not too great for new sales employees, however they do make commissions. A new employee has to put time and effort into learning how to sell in order to make the good money that is possible. We have somewhat of a large turn over rate because new sales agents do not want to put in the time and effort to learn, they want good money now. However, once an agent is comfortable with sales and learns the sales techniques needed, if they are working at a good property, there is a very good chance the sales agent is making more money than their manager.

"They violate labor laws"

I worked at Entertainment Benefits Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are an illiterate moron who is otherwise unemployable, this place will hire you.
    The management was smart enough to make the middle managers post good reviews on glass door (see December's slew of 5 -star reviews) to convince the unemployable morons this was good place to work

Cons

You get less than minimum wage because they "offer" insurance. You can't afford this insurance, and it doesn't cover anything, but it is offered.

State Law requires the company to give 10 minute PAID breaks every 4 hours or "major part thereof".
    This company doesn't even allow you to go to the rest room, or the precious little manager who is watching you on the camera will call you and be oh, so angry.
    Nevada law requires that they post notices to employees and business licenses; this company does not.
    The CEO and his little minions believe that they are above Nevada law.
    If I could give fewer than one star, I would.

"Concierge"

I worked at Entertainment Benefits Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

comps, they will literally hire ANYBODY. homeless, ex con, no experience, underaged, etc.

Cons

below minimum wage pay rate, low commission rate, horrible management, joke of company, HR department doesn't handle issues properly and should be sued, the company has no standards therefore they don't care for their employees.

"Management is awful"

Former Employee - Concierge/Sales Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Concierge/Sales Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Entertainment Benefits Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

The comps to shows and tours were an awesome pro for doing this job

Cons

The CEO is pretty cheap. Pays the employees a very low wage while he sits comfortable in Florida collecting millions. It's a shame. Decent company but management needs help! Employees rarely get breaks becuz of "business needs". There were times when you had to take ur lunch 2 hours in to your shift with no breaks after. You get written up for everything.

Advice to Management

Raise the hourly and hire ppl with more experience than straight outta high school who can't give nightclub advice. Do that and show more employee appreciation and that turnover rate will drop dramatically.

"The Worst of Corporate Cliches"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Entertainment Benefits Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Discounted entertainment for movies, theme parks and beyond is a fun perk.
    -Scheduled gym time is a good motivator for the day

Cons

-Sub par salary and weak benefits (highly ironic for a benefits group)

-Shady management tactics echo the horror stories of corporate manipulation. I never felt I was doing well enough and rarely praised beyond cheesy group emails. There were many empty promises, pregnant pauses and two faced moments. I was also made to feel incompetent or ignorant concerning basic corporate operations. My experience included a lot of condescension from
    management and insulting presumptions.

-HR is truly only interested in the needs of the company not the employee. As they say "HR people don't like people." I was never made to feel human. I was a number that was treated as such. Ironically, HR is desperate to recruit because the turnover rate is ridiculous.

-Want to move up in the company? Good luck! Despite being told that EBG likes to promote from within, many positions are made public but not shared internally. I only saw one or two employees actually promoted, while most upper positions were recruited.

My advice to potential employees:
    Expect to get a year or two of experience and find an exit strategy. Demand a work life balance because, in true corporate fashion, EBG will take advantage if you don't set boundaries.
    Don't confide in anyone, especially HR. There is an unusual amount of work room gossip between management (I often witnessed management insult, mock and laugh about their team). Personally, I would never recommend this company to a friend unless they were desperate for a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Don't make unfair assumptions about your employees and feed into a toxic environment of gossip. Please be mature and honest adults.