Entrust Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Layne Loessin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time

Pros

Small company allows you to get a lot of experience in different areas, leadership is engaged, company is growing fast, a lot of opportunities, open door policy, leadership is approachable

Cons

Benefits are basic and could use some improvement

2. "Small company feel with growth probability"

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time

Pros

Family feel with good leadership and coworkers

Cons

Probably not for you if you don't embrace challenge and change -- or if you prefer larger organizations

Advice to Management

None. Keep it up!

Sep 26, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We pride ourselves on striving for a collaborative culture, and we are happy to hear you're enjoying your team.

3. "Director"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial company with offices in Texas and Pennsylvania. Entrust Energy has made the Houston’s Business Journal’s (HBJ) Fast 100 List for the past 3 years as well as Inc Magazine's Fastest Growing Company. Employees are motivated and passionate about their work.

Cons

Still a rather young organization so with that are to be expected growing pains.

4. "Growing, exciting company."

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time

Pros

Lot's of great, talented people. The work environment is engaging, and offers a lot of opportunities to get involved in new things. It's refreshing to be able to talk to higher level management and have your opinion be heard, and get insight on how decisions are being made. Compared to other places I've worked, Entrust is rewarding, and I feel recognized for my contributions. On top of that, they have a clear vision, and have done a great job at communicating the companies goals and progress.

Cons

Being in the Energy industry, certain things become repetitive. But as I mentioned above, there are enough opportunities to try new things, that I can hardly call this a downside.

Advice to Management

Being open and maintaining the lines of communication with your employees is something I truly appreciate. It gives me confidence in the company, and our goals. Not only that, it provides a great platform for employees to be engaged in the companies future, and use our expertise to help drive us there.

5. "Great Experience"

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time

Pros

The close knit team in Pittsburgh makes everybody's work feel important to the overall company. Understanding management allows for you to have a healthy work / life balance.

Cons

The office in Pittsburgh is only one year old so there is still some searching for most efficient manner of communication and work flow cohesiveness between Houston (HQ) and Pittsburgh.

Advice to Management

Management needs to continue to define where they see this company going and how they would like to get there to the team. Once those things are defined and expressed, actions need to support those words.

"I was "written up" for not participating in writing the recruiter's Glassdoor Review campaign."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can take on tasks and learn new things.
    Sunny offices.
    Closed offices during Harvey.

Cons

Extreme white male culture.
    Very high turnover rate even among professional staff.
    No parental leave in a workforce largely in their 30's.
    Little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want to be when/ if you grow up.

Sep 26, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review as we are always looking for ways to improve our culture and our organization. We encourage diversity and pride ourselves on being a diverse company... More

7. "Excited Employee at Entrust Energy -E.Y."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its best to work for Entrust Energy because its so much room for opportunity and growth along with building relationships within each department. For a starting company, the structure of our Call Center and Management Team has potential to succeed while competing with other utility companies. We offer the very best competitive rates and educate our customers with detailed billing inquiries to explain TDU and PUC guidelines as well as their Rights as Customers.

Cons

The downside of working for Entrust Energy is that if you are not willing to accept change or updates, coaching, corrective criticism, or if you are unable to take ownership for you/or company errors this is not the career for you. No company is perfect but yet they are willing to accept the flaws/errors of their employees, in return that you retain the needed information to succeed while educating customers while assisting with accounts.

Advice to Management

Our Management team is/are what I like to call 'Family'. Entrust Energy management team has showed me that they understand that we are all human and are willing to work with you as long as you do your part. My advice is to keep succeeding, I believe we will be one of the top retail electric providers in our region once we have the staff who has the very same vision to where Entrust Energy is trying to go as far as goals and the competitors offering the very same thing. I appreciate our Team, it is a working progress and the key is to keep going strong no matter what.

8. "Great company to work for !"

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time

Pros

Fun work environment and a strong management team. Commitment to improve work/life balance.

Cons

Retail Energy Providers can be a very competitive industry.

9. "Challenging Yet Rewarding"

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, encourages you to work hard for your fellow teammates while having a lot of fun. As a result the business keeps improving and it's tremendously rewarding to be able to put your "hand print" on the positive change.

Cons

Some teams work harder than others which can be frustrating at times. It's getting better though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. "Dont do it"

Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrust Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work your own hours. Get paid every Friday.

Cons

Have to keep up with your own sales and bonus because come payday you have missing sales, managers aren't going to tell you. They will pocket money if you never say anything. You have 65 days chargeback period. You can only do so much to help the consumer save money but if someone comes behind you and gives them a lower rate and buys out their contract , they will switch and you will get hit with a chargeback on your next paycheck.

Advice to Management

Stop holding peoples check just because you get into an argument with them. Its not right. People have bills to pay.

Apr 19, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We hope prior to your departure you enjoyed your time at Entrust Energy, and thank you for working with us. Staying with a company for over five years indicates you were treated with respect and... More