Enverus Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2019

3.6
Enverus CEO Jeff Hughes
Jeff Hughes
Pros
  • "I actively seek out great people to bring to this company because I'm so proud to be a part of this king of organization(in 10 reviews)

• "Working at DrillingInfo really does bring out the best in you(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "We do move at a really fast pace, and it can be overwhelming at times(in 9 reviews)

• "I believe the root cause is due to employees truly caring for the well being of the DrillingInfo family(in 8 reviews)

"Great team environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Enverus full-time for less than a year

Pros

This team communicates clearly and effectively at all levels. Produces easily understandable feedback to customers. Effectively deals with others, both internally and externally. Provides timely feedback and follow up and manages others’ expectations appropriately. Overall this is a great team to work with.

Cons

More case management time would be great during the onboarding process.

Enverus2019-10-08

"A career is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having been with the company over 3 years the growth has been tremendous. Those that want to grow have the opportunity as long as they ask for it and are willing to work for it. The company really does care about the individual and takes great strides to ensure people are where they need to be. To succeed you need to have an entrepreneurial heart, meaning that you have your goals and leadership/support to help you... achieve them but at the end of the day it is up to you to reach them.

Cons

No direct con's that would affect me continuing working. For some the changes as we have grown are to much but every company has inflection points and growing pains as you reach certain milestones. For those that do not welcome change it can be hard to embrace. Recommendation is to have an open mind and realize that there is a very direct strategy and path leadership is embarking on and all companies have to go... through iterations to determine what works best to get there.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide feedback to company on adjustments and growth. Continue to be there for your employees. Continue to empower employees to own their business and hold accountable for the successes and failures that result.

Enverus2019-10-22
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time

Pros

You can sense the excitement and energy around the office There have been lots of positive business changes over the last 2 years Enverus sells great products that our customers generally don't ever want to give up

Cons

*If a new hire is joining a team where everyone has desk phones IT should know and have that setup during on-boarding. It took 2 weeks for me and a new teammate to get phones setup, where phone communication is critical to the job. There should be a new employee checklist or something that teams involved with on-boarding should have. *Desks should be clean and setup for the new employees. First impressions are... important. My desk was dirty and had my predecessor's name on the phone. *Annual pay cycles: first place I've been at that doesn't offer annual pay/merit adjustments. Maybe Enverus can compete for talent without it. Note: I met an individual with a ton of responsibilities who hasn't received a raise coming up on 3 years. *Wireless mice option: Some teams have to meet and work often in team rooms. A wireless mouse allows you to do it easily vs. using a trackpad to navigate through multiple files. Wireless mice are cheap these days ($10/pop and higher). *

Advice to Management

Keep executing but I think there should be a little additional focus on new employee experience. Also consider giving little perks like free drinks & snack as most tech companies here offer that at least. Small price to pay that can help maintain a happy work environment.

Enverus2019-10-11

"Grateful to be a part of this team"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enverus has been the best decision I've made in my career. Although it is fast paced, I've always felt that there was opportunity to work myself into whatever role I want here. Management provides every resource to get the job done as well as training both on product/industry and leadership. My wife always says she appreciates that the company takes care of her as well. We have a lot of fun here and even spend... time with a lot of the team outside of work. Communication from the top down is pretty strong and Leadership recognizes employees weekly. From the annual float trip to random celebrations for a team accomplishing a goal, Leadership is constantly rewarding all employees for their hard work. People are always willing to help here and I've never seen anyone have a problem getting a deal done. Communication between departments has also improved over my time here, and there is a pretty clear picture of where we are headed. Even though we have tripled in size over my time here it still feels like a small company. Work/life balance is worlds better than the last company I worked with.

Cons

If you aren't up for a fast paced company that can make quick decisions then this probably isn't a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication, we really do appreciate it. Last year after our feedback survey you went out and executed on several things we asked for including the Intranet. I use that tool everyday to see what's going on in the company at different offices.

Enverus2019-09-19

"Stellar People"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company full of excellent/quality people!

Cons

Change is constant due too aggressive growth

Advice to Management

Change is constant due too aggressive growth, always be aware of this and take time to explain the Why.

Enverus2019-09-11

"Wrong sales leadership to trust your career to"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Enverus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

First off I would like to say that DI, now Enverus, was a great place to work for many years. And to this day I’m still thankful for the opportunity that was afforded to me to make a great living and provide for my family. The employees are great, the overall culture was fun, and the product is a salesman’s dream (disruptive technology that provides tremendous value to customers and is always improving).

Cons

Sales Leadership is a disaster. It starts at the top, and permeates all the way down through middle management. There is a boys club “bro culture” that could cost the organization a lot of money down the road in lawsuits.

Advice to Management

Several years ago the organization had everyone read “Good to Great” and one of the things that stood out to me from that book was great companies have level 5 leadership. Level 5 leaders display a powerful mixture of personal humility and indomitable will. They're incredibly ambitious, but their ambition is first and foremost for the cause, for the organization and its purpose, not themselves. Find a level 5... leader to run the sales organization and revamp the sales culture that has taken a huge hit over the last few years. This is a critical juncture for the Company. The time to start fixing this problem was yesterday. If you don’t fix the problem today, GenStar will tomorrow. People don’t leave companies, they leave bad managers. And right now you have leadership that is encouraging people to look outside the organization, and what they are finding is higher pay, better balance, and sales organizations where they can trust their careers.

Enverus2019-09-15

"But you're somebody else, you're making me Enervous"

Former Employee - Software

I worked at Enverus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good times can be had -Party down if you are in to that thing -If you grind you can make some coin -Great if you want to feel like you are in a fraternity as an adult

Cons

DI thinks a rebrand and a name change will just make things better. Its not that easy. Leadership is extremely poor. Take a look at the exec team on paper and they arent inspiring, let alone meet them in person. Compare their LT to any other similar sized company and you will see a massive disparity in experience, education, and simply leadership. Many hires at Enervus/DI are fresh out of college or coming... from a pretty lowly sales job, so they havent experienced what a well run company feels like to work at. Look at Linkedin profiles of DI employees, you will find the same thing, which makes it easy for this company to act like they are one of the best places to work, [insert rating for something they paid for here], and you cant do better. Watched them ruthlessly treat employees and string them along for potential that never comes to fruition. The lack of communication inside the organization is terrible, and only getting worse with the spree of acquisitions. Instead of fixing massive gaps in the product offering and business, they just want to go on acquisition sprees and spend boat loads of PE money to get to the holy grail of an IPO. Again, its not that easy. Should you raise issue with the way things run (or dont), dont expect to be commended or have your sentiments echoed as the ones in power rule in the short term and are only focused on quick revenue wins to boost their bonuses and bottom line. Working there literally feels like the Emperor wears no clothes. Get on board with the bro culture, become a yes man, and sacrifice everything for them even though they do not respond in kind. People are in positions that they shouldnt be, but that is the bro mentality that many across this board speak to. Massive brain drain and attrition that is being glossed over. You basically either need to act like the Emperor has clothes and join in or you will find yourself burned out and discouraged. The company pays good money to knowledgeable consultants, but their advice goes in one ear and out the other. They are a waste of time to have if you wont actually listen to outside advice. The market is not looking great both overall and in the sector. The rough waters are soon ahead, and its going to be a bloodbath. Dont expect any captains to go down with the ship though, they will form narratives and point to external factors (never any self reflection/insane amounts of hubris) and cut all the expendables they deem as they fiddle while Rome burns. Take a look at this board. There are many many people speaking truths, it isnt like there is a few malcontents. There are serious concerns here, do your due diligence, and if you want a laugh read their responses. They really come off catty and desperate, but hey what can you expect. They are all right and we are all wrong.

Advice to Management

None. They dont listen. Genstar, this is up to you at this point. 'I saw the part of you That only when you're older you will see to You will see too' EN stands for the energy industry; VER stands for clarity and truth; and US stands for partnership, collaboration, people and humanity. Start with being clear and truthful with your employees and your customers. As far as the US, I am no longer part of the US... and it feels much better than when I was.

Enverus2019-09-25
  9. "Innovative and fast paced"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teams are collaborative, leadership solicits feedback and takes the time to put action around it. Growing company with lots of opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

As with any growing company, not all processes are well defined but employees are given an opportunity to provide input.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to acquire new companies and grow, continue doing frequent culture checks so we don't lose sight of what has made us a great company.

Enverus2019-08-12

"Incredible organization that I was fortunate to be part of."

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at Enverus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There's been a few reviews of late that, in my opinion, are extremely unfair to DI. I proudly worked at DI for 8 years, both in the Austin and Houston offices, in a number of sales and sales leadership roles. I can say that my time and experience there was nothing short of exceptional. In reading some of the other recent reviews, I wish some of those folks had taken their grievances to leadership instead of... leveraging platforms like Glassdoor. If you want to be part of a great team and great company that's growing rapidly (and yes, there are challenges that come with growth), DI is a great company to grow your career. From the individual contributors that were on my teams all the way up to the C-Suite, I was consistently thankful for the quality of those around me. DI might not be for everyone, and that's okay. If you are humble, aren't afraid to work hard, and like a challenge - it might be for you. Sales isn't easy, and we don't hand out participation medals. Even after leaving DI, I trust that the leadership team will continue to grow and improve, and will always look out for the employees that work so hard to make the company great.

Cons

DI is growing, rapidly. Growth isn't always easy, but there's always opportunity. It can be hard to get time with leadership, not because they don't care, but because they are trying to run the company as best they can. My experience is that if I was thoughtful in my approach, made an attempt to solve the problem myself first, made a realistic ask of their time, and came well prepared to have the discussion... needed, finding time wasn't an issue.

Advice to Management

Keep being good, and continue taking care of the people that make up DI. Also, to the CRO who always listened when I needed help, who always believed and trusted in me, and who cared about my family - keep listening to and trusting the ones who are willing to put in the work.

Enverus2019-07-16

"N/a"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good stepping stone for the oil & gas industry

Cons

no growth what so over. Do not work here

Enverus2019-09-12