Enverus Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2019

3.6
Enverus CEO and President Jeff Hughes
Jeff Hughes
  1. "Friendly office, great people, not much career progression"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in London, England

I worked at Enverus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues were very friendly and provided help and support if required. Management were professional knowledgeable, well organised but also very approachable. Opportunities to attend conferences. Learned a lot in the first year of employment. Starting salary was good and increased steadily each year.

Cons

Job became a bit mundane after a year and there wasn't much opportunity to progress.

Enverus2019-12-03

"Great people, great team environment"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst

I have been working at Enverus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Continually learning new things and taking on new challenges. The team is supportive and ambitious which has helped tremendously growing career.

Cons

Growth also leads to new challenges and stress; however with a good manager it can lead to positive results.

Enverus2019-11-26
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Growing too quickly"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at Enverus full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunity to travel, some good people.

Cons

Poorly managed technology initiates. Woefully inexperienced managers.

Enverus2019-11-17

"A career is what you make of it"

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having been with the company over 3 years the growth has been tremendous. Those that want to grow have the opportunity as long as they ask for it and are willing to work for it. The company really does care about the individual and takes great strides to ensure people are where they need to be. To succeed you need to have an entrepreneurial heart, meaning that you have your goals and leadership/support to help you achieve them but at the end of the day it is up to you to reach them.

Cons

No direct con's that would affect me continuing working. For some the changes as we have grown are to much but every company has inflection points and growing pains as you reach certain milestones. For those that do not welcome change it can be hard to embrace. Recommendation is to have an open mind and realize that there is a very direct strategy and path leadership is embarking on and all companies have to go through iterations to determine what works best to get there.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide feedback to company on adjustments and growth. Continue to be there for your employees. Continue to empower employees to own their business and hold accountable for the successes and failures that result.

Enverus2019-10-22

"Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time

Pros

You can sense the excitement and energy around the office There have been lots of positive business changes over the last 2 years Enverus sells great products that our customers generally don't ever want to give up

Cons

*If a new hire is joining a team where everyone has desk phones IT should know and have that setup during on-boarding. It took 2 weeks for me and a new teammate to get phones setup, where phone communication is critical to the job. There should be a new employee checklist or something that teams involved with on-boarding should have. *Desks should be clean and setup for the new employees. First impressions are important. My desk was dirty and had my predecessor's name on the phone. *Annual pay cycles: first place I've been at that doesn't offer annual pay/merit adjustments. Maybe Enverus can compete for talent without it. Note: I met an individual with a ton of responsibilities who hasn't received a raise coming up on 3 years. *Wireless mice option: Some teams have to meet and work often in team rooms. A wireless mouse allows you to do it easily vs. using a trackpad to navigate through multiple files. Wireless mice are cheap these days ($10/pop and higher). *

Advice to Management

Keep executing but I think there should be a little additional focus on new employee experience. Also consider giving little perks like free drinks & snack as most tech companies here offer that at least. Small price to pay that can help maintain a happy work environment.

Enverus2019-10-11

"Great team environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at Enverus full-time for less than a year

Pros

This team communicates clearly and effectively at all levels. Produces easily understandable feedback to customers. Effectively deals with others, both internally and externally. Provides timely feedback and follow up and manages others’ expectations appropriately. Overall this is a great team to work with.

Cons

More case management time would be great during the onboarding process.

Enverus2019-10-08

"No Skills required for the job (Previously deleted because there was too much questioning)!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Enverus full-time

Pros

-- Good Screens -- Not any great skills required -- Good colleagues -- Office parties

Cons

-- Zero skill development (mostly excel) -- Poor Management -- No HR existence -- No snacks in the office -- Improper work environment -- Extended work hours. -- Very low increments. -- New ideas are not supported

Advice to Management

Work-life balance (employee has a family too), reduce the length of meetings for petty issues, and please start focusing on the issue and not on "who wrote this honest review".

Enverus2019-10-05

"Good pay, No learning curve"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bangalore

I worked at Enverus full-time for more than a year

Pros

They used to offer good pay. Sometimes, the office environment is not that demanding. Good colleagues. Good as a first job.

Cons

Not that challenging in terms of learning curve. Less opportunities when you're looking to switch. Gets stuck after a while. Unjustified work hours for some.

Advice to Management

Offer internal job change to high performing employees. Award talent and not years. Improve efficiency.

Enverus2019-10-03

"But you're somebody else, you're making me Enervous"

Former Employee - Software

I worked at Enverus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good times can be had -Party down if you are in to that thing -If you grind you can make some coin -Great if you want to feel like you are in a fraternity as an adult

Cons

DI thinks a rebrand and a name change will just make things better. Its not that easy. Leadership is extremely poor. Take a look at the exec team on paper and they arent inspiring, let alone meet them in person. Compare their LT to any other similar sized company and you will see a massive disparity in experience, education, and simply leadership. Many hires at Enervus/DI are fresh out of college or coming from a pretty lowly sales job, so they havent experienced what a well run company feels like to work at. Look at Linkedin profiles of DI employees, you will find the same thing, which makes it easy for this company to act like they are one of the best places to work, [insert rating for something they paid for here], and you cant do better. Watched them ruthlessly treat employees and string them along for potential that never comes to fruition. The lack of communication inside the organization is terrible, and only getting worse with the spree of acquisitions. Instead of fixing massive gaps in the product offering and business, they just want to go on acquisition sprees and spend boat loads of PE money to get to the holy grail of an IPO. Again, its not that easy. Should you raise issue with the way things run (or dont), dont expect to be commended or have your sentiments echoed as the ones in power rule in the short term and are only focused on quick revenue wins to boost their bonuses and bottom line. Working there literally feels like the Emperor wears no clothes. Get on board with the bro culture, become a yes man, and sacrifice everything for them even though they do not respond in kind. People are in positions that they shouldnt be, but that is the bro mentality that many across this board speak to. Massive brain drain and attrition that is being glossed over. You basically either need to act like the Emperor has clothes and join in or you will find yourself burned out and discouraged. The company pays good money to knowledgeable consultants, but their advice goes in one ear and out the other. They are a waste of time to have if you wont actually listen to outside advice. The market is not looking great both overall and in the sector. The rough waters are soon ahead, and its going to be a bloodbath. Dont expect any captains to go down with the ship though, they will form narratives and point to external factors (never any self reflection/insane amounts of hubris) and cut all the expendables they deem as they fiddle while Rome burns. Take a look at this board. There are many many people speaking truths, it isnt like there is a few malcontents. There are serious concerns here, do your due diligence, and if you want a laugh read their responses. They really come off catty and desperate, but hey what can you expect. They are all right and we are all wrong.

Advice to Management

None. They dont listen. Genstar, this is up to you at this point. 'I saw the part of you That only when you're older you will see to You will see too' EN stands for the energy industry; VER stands for clarity and truth; and US stands for partnership, collaboration, people and humanity. Start with being clear and truthful with your employees and your customers. As far as the US, I am no longer part of the US and it feels much better than when I was.

Enverus2019-09-25

"Grateful to be a part of this team"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enverus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enverus has been the best decision I've made in my career. Although it is fast paced, I've always felt that there was opportunity to work myself into whatever role I want here. Management provides every resource to get the job done as well as training both on product/industry and leadership. My wife always says she appreciates that the company takes care of her as well. We have a lot of fun here and even spend time with a lot of the team outside of work. Communication from the top down is pretty strong and Leadership recognizes employees weekly. From the annual float trip to random celebrations for a team accomplishing a goal, Leadership is constantly rewarding all employees for their hard work. People are always willing to help here and I've never seen anyone have a problem getting a deal done. Communication between departments has also improved over my time here, and there is a pretty clear picture of where we are headed. Even though we have tripled in size over my time here it still feels like a small company. Work/life balance is worlds better than the last company I worked with.

Cons

If you aren't up for a fast paced company that can make quick decisions then this probably isn't a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication, we really do appreciate it. Last year after our feedback survey you went out and executed on several things we asked for including the Intranet. I use that tool everyday to see what's going on in the company at different offices.

Enverus2019-09-19