Envestnet Reviews | Glassdoor

Envestnet Chairman, Founder, and CEO Jud Bergman
Jud Bergman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • sometimes (depends on the team) work/life balance could be better (in 4 reviews)

• There was almost no praise or recognition (verbal or otherwise), but you will be blamed for mistakes made by lack of training and ever-changing systems (in 3 reviews)

1. "I am a business administrator"

I have been working at Envestnet full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Highly competitive and successful environment. Always cheerful and helpful to one another in office.

Cons

I don’t have much to say that is negative about this company. Negative could be that there is a need for more office Locario

Advice to Management

No changes needed. Everyone has welcomed me in like a family member and has trained and assisted in my growth. The far best company I have ever worked for.

"Supervisor"

I worked at Envestnet full-time

Pros

Great people, great culture, free breakfast on Fridays, free snacks and drinks daily.

Cons

Hard work gain you experience which is plus however, don't expect more money. Company built like ladder. You put X years in and you get X pay regardless whether your passive worker or aggressive and get stuff done.

Advice to Management

Management great however they do not possess the power to give you what your worth, it all comes from up top...

"Silo information"

I have been working at Envestnet (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and good work/life balance.

Cons

Information is not shared throughout the company. For a financial institution, salaries and bonuses are sub-par.

4. "Who was THAT person??"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything. Great culture, benefits, and pay.

Cons

Let’s be realistic here for a minute. Nothing will ever be perfect. I have worked at several different companies and Envestnet has been the best experience I have had.

As an aside, I just read another review that someone left from Chicago complaining of various things and bashing the company. To you I say good luck, you didn’t belong with us anyway.

Advice to Management

Great job guys, keep it up!!

5. "Dynamic, Fast Growing Company Dominating it's Industry"

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ENV is growing unbelievably fast and dominating its space. Core offices (Berwyn, Denver, Chicago) very cool. Really nice and understanding coworkers.

Cons

Highly functionally and geographically segregated. People tend to be in their offices and departments, not a ton of cross office or cross function communication / collaboration. People tend to stay for a very long time. Compensation and career opportunities could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!! I've really enjoy working at ENV.

"Envestnet Review"

Pros

Envestnet is an innovative company that is destined to achieve great success in the coming years.

Cons

I had no negative experiences here.

"A company that serves no real purpose"

Former Employee - Investment Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Investment Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envestnet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to pretend I manage money. I did work with some great people, but sadly they are leaving in droves.

Cons

The company is a glorified back office financial services company that would like nothing more to send every job to India so the founders can become wealthy. I’m not exactly sure what Envestnet does that Schwab, Vanguard and Fidelity don’t already do. The highest margins product sells is its own in house “fund of fund” products. Seriously. It’s a total joke. For that they charge 20 basis points. Wow big money maker. I’m completely and totally amazed the company is still in business. Yes I know it provides back off support for its clients and allows said clients to provide fancy monthly and quarterly reports that hide the fact the advisors are completely screwing over its clients. Nice job. I hope you feel better about yourself. This is why I no longer work in financial services and encourage anyone and everyone to invest in low cost Index funds and ETF’s.

Advice to Management

Fold the company and go out business. You add nothing to society. Oh and quit having affairs and sexually harassing your subordinates. Not cool.

"Great experience"

I have been working at Envestnet full-time

Pros

Great leadership, benefits, and culture.

Cons

Overall, not too many cons working for Envestnet

9. "Great culture, benefits and vision!"

I have been working at Envestnet full-time

Pros

Envestnet is great environment. The company has built a culture of transparency and putting people first - their benefits package proves that. The people are smart, committed and excited to be there everyday.

Cons

If you live in Philadelphia, it can be a difficult commute. However, I know Envestnet is close to getting a shuttle from the Paoli train station to tackle this issue. It should be up and running soon for Envestnet employees.

"Great company, great benefits, family environment"

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really cares, I was diagnosed w/a terminal illness and they did their best to accommodate my needs and were genuine in their efforts to find me a position that helped me.

Cons

Gossipy culture, it can seem very clique-ish at times. For the most part they do try to include you

Advice to Management

Dont play favorites