Envestnet Reviews | Glassdoor

Envestnet Chairman, Founder, and CEO Jud Bergman
Jud Bergman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • sometimes (depends on the team) work/life balance could be better (in 4 reviews)

• No action has been taken by weak top management (in 3 reviews)

1. "Who was THAT person??"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything. Great culture, benefits, and pay.

Cons

Let’s be realistic here for a minute. Nothing will ever be perfect. I have worked at several different companies and Envestnet has been the best experience I have had.

As an aside, I just read another review that someone left from Chicago complaining of various things and bashing the company. To you I say good luck, you didn’t belong with us anyway.

Advice to Management

Great job guys, keep it up!!

2. "Dynamic, Fast Growing Company Dominating it's Industry"

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ENV is growing unbelievably fast and dominating its space. Core offices (Berwyn, Denver, Chicago) very cool. Really nice and understanding coworkers.

Cons

Highly functionally and geographically segregated. People tend to be in their offices and departments, not a ton of cross office or cross function communication / collaboration. People tend to stay for a very long time. Compensation and career opportunities could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!! I've really enjoy working at ENV.

"A company that serves no real purpose"

Former Employee - Investment Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Investment Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envestnet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I get to pretend I manage money. I did work with some great people, but sadly they are leaving in droves.

Cons

The company is a glorified back office financial services company that would like nothing more to send every job to India so the founders can become wealthy. I’m not exactly sure what Envestnet does that Schwab, Vanguard and Fidelity don’t already do. The highest margins product sells is its own in house “fund of fund” products. Seriously. It’s a total joke. For that they charge 20 basis points. Wow big money maker. I’m completely and totally amazed the company is still in business. Yes I know it provides back off support for its clients and allows said clients to provide fancy monthly and quarterly reports that hide the fact the advisors are completely screwing over its clients. Nice job. I hope you feel better about yourself. This is why I no longer work in financial services and encourage anyone and everyone to invest in low cost Index funds and ETF’s.

Advice to Management

Fold the company and go out business. You add nothing to society. Oh and quit having affairs and sexually harassing your subordinates. Not cool.

"Envestnet Review"

Pros

Envestnet is an innovative company that is destined to achieve great success in the coming years.

Cons

I had no negative experiences here.

"Great experience"

I have been working at Envestnet full-time

Pros

Great leadership, benefits, and culture.

Cons

Overall, not too many cons working for Envestnet

6. "Great culture, benefits and vision!"

I have been working at Envestnet full-time

Pros

Envestnet is great environment. The company has built a culture of transparency and putting people first - their benefits package proves that. The people are smart, committed and excited to be there everyday.

Cons

If you live in Philadelphia, it can be a difficult commute. However, I know Envestnet is close to getting a shuttle from the Paoli train station to tackle this issue. It should be up and running soon for Envestnet employees.

7. "Great company, great benefits, family environment"

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really cares, I was diagnosed w/a terminal illness and they did their best to accommodate my needs and were genuine in their efforts to find me a position that helped me.

Cons

Gossipy culture, it can seem very clique-ish at times. For the most part they do try to include you

Advice to Management

Dont play favorites

"Loving my experience to date"

Pros

Building out a team (across depts) that interact well together

Cons

Visitors (senior mgmt.) from other cities should make an effort to introduce themselves. We typically have no idea who is in our office.

9. "Company feels small even though it is not"

Current Employee - Senior Portfolio Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Portfolio Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Envestnet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Envestnet is involved in all aspects of financial services. We have great technology for financial advisors at very reasonable price. Our asset management arm offers a full spectrum of investment strategies.

Cons

Glitches that are inevitable with new development can take far too long to clean up.

Advice to Management

Set aside development resources to "bat cleanup" after every development cycle. We offer so much so quickly, it is inevitable that tweaks will need to be made. Have 15-20% of developers available solely to focus on that.

"Too many ships without adequate captains"

Former Employee - Software Development
    Former Employee - Software Development

I worked at Envestnet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great, there is a lot of low hanging fruit to improve Envestnet, some of the new projects / acquired firms embrace new technologies, and there are some great people scattered throughout the organization.

Cons

HR is nice, but disorganized and likely understaffed. The core legacy Envestnet technology is old and hard to change unless it comes as a pet project from the very top. There is an imaginary wall of distrust between Sys Ops and Development, which isn't surprising since testing is manual and inadequate. The month after each release is reserved for fixing bugs reported by clients all over production. The old vanguard is resistant to change, and most managers fail to manage up as their C level and SVP level managers run the place like a small shop. If you get a timely, thoughtful review or useful management / career coaching it is pure luck that you've found a self directed and motivated manager who cares about managing you for than simply filling in / checking boxes to beat the final deadline.

Advice to Management

Provide training for managers or identify high performing managers to mentor others in the organization. The head of Systems may be smart and have stuck around after his manager left, but he needs and deserves a good manager. Anonymous 360 reviews would likely be shocking.