Enviance Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2018

3.9
Enviance CEO Amy Stelling
Amy Stelling
  1. "Great Company & Culture!!"

I have been working at Enviance full-time

Pros

Great company that has focused on building a great culture of hardworking employees that are passionate about EH&S Software and always put the customer first.

Cons

Recent changes in the market and company provided some challenges/hurdles but the current management team and employees are positioned well to grow the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on the customers, employees, culture, and being innovative.

Enviance2017-05-16
  2. "Sales"

I worked at Enviance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great technology; Great people eager to help

Cons

On boarding is a long process

Advice to Management

Promote within

Enviance2018-10-17
  3. "Used"

I worked at Enviance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun work while it lasted.

Cons

Worked incredibly hard building a business unit for a year before being dropped following the sale of the company.

Advice to Management

Be honest when hiring regarding what employees should expect regarding plans for their group. Consider employees are people, with families, not just numbers in your budget.

Enviance2018-01-09
  4. "Fun Place to work"

I have been working at Enviance full-time

Pros

Excellent Executive leadership team with a solid direction forward. Working hard to maintain the experienced staff by putting focus on the employees.

Cons

Lot of ongoing change since the acquisition.

Advice to Management

Execute.

Enviance2017-05-09

May 10, 2017HR & Payroll Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

5. "Collaborative Team Environment"

Current Employee - Manager, Sales Operations in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Enviance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative environmental of smart, creative, hard working people who really care about the customer and doing their job well.

Cons

The past few years have seen a lot of change. While most have been positive and are pointing us ins positive direction. Gaining traction and building a strong foundation has taken longer as a result of the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep putting energy into building the culture and team people seek.

Enviance2016-12-29
  6. "The working place for experienced engineers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Enviance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Enviance software developer team a couple of weeks ago. I like the company and the team. Their philosophy of work is what I was looking for . First, the company and team carefully work and treat the customers. Actually, I like the team that work seriously and I do not think the software developers can have good jobs if they work like play. Second, I have a lot of work to do but I do not feel strong pressure.... I have web and desktop apps need to handle and debugging, but I can do them following my plan, no strong pressure.

Cons

I live in Orange county right now. I commute 70 miles everyday. But I'll move to the Carlsbad area in a couple of months.

Enviance2016-03-31
  7. "Review"

Director Sales

I worked at Enviance

Pros

Innovative SaaS technology for environmental compliance

Cons

Complex product for larger corporations

Advice to Management

Product development should focus on usability and reporting

Enviance2016-03-19

"Project Manager"

Senior Project Manager in Larkspur, CA

I have been working at Enviance for more than 3 years

Pros

A great group of people and clients. Challenging and rewarding team. Felt like a start-up, lots of fun off-site events. Allowed for flexibility.

Cons

Wasn't as much growth as I had hoped for at the time.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and be open to the suggestions of employees who work first-hand with clients.

Enviance2016-01-28

February 4, 2016HR & Payroll Coordinator

We agree that listening to our employees is important and we want them to have a voice. Thank you for expressing yours here!

"Great Place to Work and Potential to be Market Leader"

I have been working at Enviance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic people who are fun to work with, excellent at their jobs, and a great source of learning opportunities. New management has set forth a clear and consistent strategy that has a chance to be successful. Many jobs are available remotely, so depending on what you want to do you may be able to work from anywhere. Product on the upswing.

Cons

Lots of change recently due to acquisition that is mostly an improvement but being done at a very fast pace. Improvements from new management are great, but there are some challenges in maintaining the close-knit family feel that made the company fun to work at for years. Years of under-performance have left a big hill to climb.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but try to make sure not to take long-term staff for granted. A lot of the important work that contributes everyday to our success is done quietly and without fanfare; we need to make sure to recognize those efforts.

Enviance2016-01-20

February 2, 2016HR & Payroll Coordinator

Thanks for the advice and for writing this review! Recognition is important and something we really want to focus on too. Thanks for reinforcing this need and helping us keep that close-knit family feel we all enjoy!

"Excited for what's to come in 2016"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Enviance full-time for less than a year

Pros

With the Battery Ventures acquisition of Enviance in February 2015, the organization has been experiencing some growing pains, yet the sense I have coming into a new year is of positivity and innovation. The staff that remains onboard is intelligent, motivated and ready to make Enviance into the market-leading company it was always meant to be, and I look forward to being apart of such a great team and assisting in... the high growth.

Cons

Currently, a lot of responsibility is being given to the smaller crew we have remaining, but I anticpate that hiring will alleviate the additional burden in the long run.

Advice to Management

Continue establishing a new culture, hiring the best and brightest (regardless of age), drive innovation through acquisition, motivate personnel with a 'work hard, play hard' attitude.

Enviance2016-01-04

January 7, 2016HR & Payroll Coordinator

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We couldn't agree more about the intelligent, motivated team we have and how excited we are for 2016 too!

Found 16 reviews