Environmental Resources Management Reviews

1. "Great"

5.0
    Former Employee - Middle Office Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Environmental Resources Management part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to be yourself

Cons

None. It was a great place to be yourself.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company mission and culture, toxic middle management."

4.0
    Former Employee - Consultant II in Chicago, IL

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have met some of the most intelligent, kind, and passionate colleagues during my 4-year tenure.

Cons

New managers who are not keen on dealing with the human-side of of the company breeds mistrust, a less-than-inclusive culture, and lack of opportunities for training and growth.

3. "Ok Job"

Current Employee - Project Geologist in Melville, NY

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting work, Travel if that is a plus for you

Cons

Poor pay, large company leads to management not being able to care about development.

4. "Excellent Growth Opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant I in Houston, TX

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Offers career development opportunities within the organization and the opportunity to be involved in a wide range business practices

Cons

The benefits around Vacation, Sick Leave, and paternal leave are not competitive

5. "DIY Career"

Former Employee - Environmental Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart, nice people who work hard and chase opportunities constantly....or get burned.

Cons

Unless you have a strong niche and a network to share, you will be living on a wing and a prayer doing whatever, however in some sad little companies. Good for people new in their career because of the opportunities to learn and greater chance of getting included ( read: square-pegged) in projects due to their lower contract rate.

Continue reading
  6. "Needs more upward mobility"

Former Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to work with clients in the Fortune 500 and make an impact on the company bottom line

Cons

Company does not openly encourage upward mobility and promotions for team members who go above and beyond (which is frequently asked) despite having direct positive impact on revenue generation.

7. COVID-19

"Interesting work, impossible expectations, low pay"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The ability to work on interesting projects for big name clients -Gained experience in many areas -My supervisor and the partners I worked with were very supportive

Cons

-Expectations are insanely high (~95% billable and have to find your own work) -Pay and bonuses are way below industry standard -Project managers often dont allot enough time to complete work properly -401k Match and bonuses removed for Covid

8. COVID-19

"Glorified Dead End Job"

Current Employee - Project Geologist in Melville, NY

Pros

Stable job if you’re the person in the office who willing to sink lowest in the mud and be stepped on. That seemed to be my colleagues plan but it didn’t work out great for him. He spent almost 10 years sampling wells and logging soil. Benefits are decent. Health insurance seems alright but 401k matching is set up to favor high earners like partners/principals. Nobody else earns enough to make any meaningful retirement contributions.

Cons

They promise but never deliver: -Work 60hr weeks for 4 months? Bonus time comes and it = ~$12/hr -1 week into COVID measures they cut staff. They said it was dead wood but those people met their billing goals of exceeded them. -PMs tell you to bill all your time UNTIL its their budget. Tell you the hours alotted has worked for last 10 years BUT the # of wells has gone up 50% since then. -Colleague was field tech for 9 years before he got a chance to become junior PM and has developed zero office/writing skills in that time. -Big staff meetings about supporting social issues, but toothless programs to help. Local work is rare. Most of it is in NJ, or upstate NY. Office is located on Long Island with almost no work on the island. You will be expected to travel and do overnights (weeks at a time) with little to zero notice. Tried to send my colleague to FL for 3 months before even asking him, I was sent to NJ for 3 weeks with 3 days notice (told, not asked). Long Island office just merged with NJ office and it was not a move of strength. I give LI office 3-5 more years. This office laid off 3 people and slashed ALL salaries by 20% only 1 week into COVID closures. Those 3 people all met or exceeded their billing goals and were not deadwood as senior staff claims. None of that “we’re a big stable firm” stuff they claimed in my interview proved true (except for the below market pay). Saw them fire someone only a few months after her 30th anniversary at ERM. She temporarily hurt her neck and they would not give her enough time to heal. Someone else has been there 31yrs and still works 50-60hr/week. Desperately trying to set up a retirement in cheap southern US state but somehow his tenure at ERM has not prepared him for this. Colleague spent 9yrs a field tech before they finally allowed him to become Jr Project Manager. It wasn’t 9yrs of grooming and training either, he has zero office or writing skills. Really good a logging soil tho! Senior staff is very politically conservative/“right”. No big deal but they scientists who deny climate change, snicker about social issues (closeted person in office has been there ~15yrs and still hasn’t come out), corporate slides discuss was of supporting BLM in a “non-optical” way (no joke), and senior staff generally accuse the younger generation of being entitled any chance they get. Performance reviews every 6 months. Been through 4 of them and got a bonus only once despite meeting and exceeding billing goals. With the extra hours I billed it calculated it to be about ~$12/hr.

9. "Good"

Former Employee - Environmental Consultant in San Juan, PR

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible with family, health situations

Cons

Salary wasn't a competitive one

"Left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent relationships built with coworkers; Flexible work schedules; interesting work opportunities in an international landscape

Cons

Upper management is not coordinated with overarching company goals; huge emphasis on utilization and sales goals; even when goals are achieved over a period of time, little tolerance for slower periods.

Found 593 reviews