Environmental Resources Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Environmental Resources Management CEO Keryn James
Keryn James

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-Life balance here is what you demand - you could work as much as you wanted unless you learn to say no (in 34 reviews)

• Lots of over-time expected with little to no recognition or reward (in 14 reviews)

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Professional Support in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Professional Support in New York, NY

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of flexibility with work schedules. Working from home is great.

Cons

This company does not, I repeat, does NOT care about its employees. They will not reward you for hard work, even when the quality of your work is well-received.

Advice to Management

Try harder. You are so SO out of touch. It's terrible.

"Staff Geologist"

Former Employee - Staff Geologist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Geologist in Houston, TX

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Consultant Level (CL) 1 and 2's that you work with throughout your local office are the best aspect of ERM.

Cons

ERM does not compensate or provide their junior level staff (CL1/ CL2) with an opportunity to grow and advance within the company. As a CL1 or CL2, plan to spend ~90% of your time in the field, especially within the Contaminated Site Management group, performing tasks that require little to zero applicable use of your college degree. As a CL1/CL2 you will be assigned remedial field tasks and seldomly challenged to advance your understanding of technical geologic/ environmental principles. If you do choose to work at ERM, add an additional $7,000 to your asking salary to balance your future over-time workload.

Advice to Management

Spend more time focusing on the high-level of turnover within the company.

"ERM Review"

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

I liked some of my coworkers.

Cons

An "environmental" company that does not care about the environment at all. Consistently panders to industrial clients.

"Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Environmental Engineer
    Former Employee - Environmental Engineer

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool coworkers, great way to meet people in different industries, decent starting point for new opportunities

Cons

Low pay
    Awful Benefits
    Ridiculous expectations: I had been working at ERM for several months as a C1, when they started giving me PM work. I requested that since I was a PM on several projects, that I should get a raise. I also brought in business in a company that they were working hard to build a relationship with. They refused to give me any bump in pay, so I quit.
    If you give this company a chance, they will walk all over you. They will give you more work. You will be putting in over 40 hours every week.

Advice to Management

Stop being ridiculous and top heavy.

"Sad changes"

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some hard working people but feels like company is giving up all the characteristics that had made the company good.

Cons

Prioritizing superficial client relationships over relationships that strengthened through years of great client work and technical depth, loss of business focus, total disregard for work culture...

Advice to Management

Slow down and reflect why so many good people are leaving. Drop the superficial programs and start caring for both clients and staff.

"Don't waste your life here"

Current Employee - Partner in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Partner in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company is like the fountain of youth. After 10 years or more, you are still exactly the same. I look at the people that were here when I first joined and they are stuck in a time capsule.

The people who leave this company always end up doing much better elsewhere. So, plenty of greener grass across the street.

Cons

I have worked here more than 10 years. Those years have been wasted away. Don't make the same mistake. One day you will regret having worked here for any significant amount of time.

I know one dude who was a partner when I first started. He has spend the last 15 years being bounced around different offices across the world to replace people who left. He tried to leave once and discovered that he had no real abilities and failed so badly that he had to return and continue to be a re-trend tire.

If you worked long enough you will see a mind boggling number of incompetent, hateful, jealous, ignorant losers who magically become partners.

Advice to Management

Wake up and check the calendar

"Associate Scientist"

Former Employee - Associate Scientist
    Former Employee - Associate Scientist

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people that work at ERM are awesome, with the exception of management. Fancy offices and artwork.

Cons

Lower level field staff get screwed by consistently working 50+ hours every week and are not paid overtime because they are salaried. It should be noted that all of that overtime still gets billed to clients. Very little opportunities for development or training. Most project managers provided minimal guidance and expect staff to figure it out on a limited budget, resulting in high stress and low quality deliverables. Benefits and salaries are extremely low compared to industry standards.

Advice to Management

You are a "sustainable" consultancy, so act like it. Pay your employees what they deserve and give them proper resources to reach their potential.

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Partner in Houston, TX

Pros

this company is total trash

Cons

the trash is 100% perfection

Advice to Management

you are complete garbage

"consultant"

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

Working there is marginally better than digging ditches

Cons

long hours in often unsafe working conditions, ridiculous bureaucracy, awful training

Advice to Management

Stop running the company like an 18th century sweat shop

"Partner"

Current Employee - Partner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting people and clients to work with

Cons

This is NOT a Firm to join if you are a female. Women Partners, in particular, don't stand a chance in this proven "Good 'ol Boys" club.

Advice to Management

Don't preach diversity if your actions prove differently It will quickly open you up to a lawsuit.