Environmental Resources Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Environmental Resources Management CEO Keryn James
Keryn James

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-Life balance here is what you demand - you could work as much as you wanted unless you learn to say no (in 35 reviews)

• Lots of over-time expected with little to no recognition or reward (in 14 reviews)

"Environmental"

Current Contractor - Material Handler in Sacramento, CA
    Current Contractor - Material Handler in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning Experiamce and awesome team work

Cons

Too much traveling, no set schedule

Advice to Management

Keep an employee at the same location as much as possible to enhance job opportunities at that company

2. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the work that I get to do and the people that I work with.

Cons

The consulting environment is not for everyone.

3. "Fantastic Company"

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. My first job straight out of school and its been 15 yrs and I am still with the company and that says a lot about what I think about ERM. Feels like one close-knit family after some time. We have some serious talents at ERM and I genuinely feel our company's top leadership care for our people.

Cons

Recent employee turnover is slightly worrisome.

Advice to Management

Perhaps look into how we can create more opps to make our workplace more fun.

4. "Employee"

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great clients, people, and projects. I love the work environment, flexibility, and challenging projects our client have to offer. I used to work at a larger firm and this feels more like home to me. Strong performance, exceptional talent, and fiscal management have made ERM successful.

Cons

ERM is risk adverse, which is not a bad thing, but can limit some of the challenging projects we are willing to accept.

Advice to Management

Always put clients and people first. Changes in strategy and culture take time so be sure to expect that and stay focused on our long term vision.

5. "Very Happy"

Former Employee - Production Artist in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Production Artist in Exton, PA

I worked at Environmental Resources Management (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work full-time

Cons

Coffee was bad on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Buy better coffee.

6. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Sector Leader
    Current Employee - Sector Leader

Pros

I love ERM's transparency, values and governance. Our leadership walks the talk and we are building a world class team of professionals who are passionate about delivering real business value to our clients. The team is very selective in hiring and only the best and most passionate get offered positions. It is not enough to merely have a strong technical proficiency. We seek out professionals who are willing to put our client's business needs foremost in our thinking. It effects everything from our strategy and technical methods to all aspects of our services. We actively look for least cost solutions to our clients regulatory challenges and try to take on a true fiduciary approach to ensure environmental liabilities are managed to successful closure and completion.

Cons

We have at times been fairly conservative and risk averse. This has at times impeded our ability to adapt to changing market needs. This said, we have a strong company culture and governance that appropriately minimizes our risk profile. We are evolving our risk aversion to ensure that we remain nimble and adapt quickly to evolving business needs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the openness and keep living the values.

7. "Great company, moving in the right direction through hard times"

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

First of all, the people here are -- by and large -- great. We have a high-performing culture, so most of the people I work with are absolutely great at their work.
    Second of all, while I understand that an office's culture is driven largely by the Partners who sit in that office, my experience has been very good. I've worked in a publicly traded environmental consulting firm and this offers -- by far -- a much better culture.

Cons

Like with all consulting firms, our time is not our own; it is our clients'. ERM is a very client-centric organization (which is a good thing), but the imperative to be responsive to our clients can have an impact on work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Recently, with our new strategy and structure, we've seen improved employee outreach. My advice is to keep fervently down that path. Keep our people (and by people, I mean both our Partners and everyone else) in mind as much as possible.

8. "Great times!"

I worked at Environmental Resources Management part-time

Pros

Nice environment, nice people. Overall a great experience.

Cons

Can't think of any, at least for part-time work.

9. "Lots of Opportunities to Grow Professionally"

Current Employee - Partner
    Current Employee - Partner

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to grow professionally and try new kinds of work and various kinds business sectors. Work teams may be local, national, or global, which is very interesting. Not a stagnate company with the same old leadership to hold you back.

Cons

ERM is a fast-paced organization that may take some getting used to, but the pace is also engaging and keeps things interesting. Something new is usually on the horizon.

"Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ERM is a company with highly intelligent people who are very passionate about what they do. What is refreshing, is how authentic they are and the dedication they have to ensure the health, safety, and sustainability of the environment, people and their communities (consultants and Partners alike). Very high level of technical competency.

Strong committed senior leaders. The CEO set the tone providing strong strategic direction and leadership. I worked for an exceptional transformational business leader in SGB who was inspirational, had great business savvy, and cared a great deal about people. In addition, my functional manager/leader was equally impressive with his passion, business acumen, and people leadership. Both were very supportive.

The company is dedicated to the growth and development of people. It has one of the best leadership development programs I’ve encountered.

Flexible, friendly, and collaborative working environment.
    Overall it’s a great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue your passionate dedication to EHS, Sustainability, and the growth and development of people.