Environmental Resources Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Environmental Resources Management CEO John Alexander
John Alexander

Pros
Cons
  • Hard work to be a consultant - not easy to maintain work life balance (in 28 reviews)

• Pretty much left to develop yourself with little to no direction (in 12 reviews)

1. "Great Opportunities, Great People"

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

Everyone I have worked with has been super-smart and, generally speaking, good-hearted. My experience has also been that the only limits to your development are your own. I am not a partner, but the partner structure incentivizes individual development with the goal of becoming a partner.

Cons

The culture can be a bit "partner-centric," with the greatest organizational value placed on the people who are partners. Granted, they are the owner/leaders of the company, but I would like for all employees to feel the same pride and drive that partners do.

Advice to Management

Relax and trust your people. The more we know about what's happening, the more effectively we can contribute. Also, we're smart. Don't try to blow smoke or sunshine. Tell us how things really are so we can help when there's a problem and we can celebrate when things are good.

2. "Great times!"

I worked at Environmental Resources Management part-time

Pros

Nice environment, nice people. Overall a great experience.

Cons

Can't think of any, at least for part-time work.

3. "Lots of Opportunities to Grow Professionally"

Current Employee - Partner
    Current Employee - Partner

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to grow professionally and try new kinds of work and various kinds business sectors. Work teams may be local, national, or global, which is very interesting. Not a stagnate company with the same old leadership to hold you back.

Cons

ERM is a fast-paced organization that may take some getting used to, but the pace is also engaging and keeps things interesting. Something new is usually on the horizon.

"Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ERM is a company with highly intelligent people who are very passionate about what they do. What is refreshing, is how authentic they are and the dedication they have to ensure the health, safety, and sustainability of the environment, people and their communities (consultants and Partners alike). Very high level of technical competency.

Strong committed senior leaders. The CEO set the tone providing strong strategic direction and leadership. I worked for an exceptional transformational business leader in SGB who was inspirational, had great business savvy, and cared a great deal about people. In addition, my functional manager/leader was equally impressive with his passion, business acumen, and people leadership. Both were very supportive.

The company is dedicated to the growth and development of people. It has one of the best leadership development programs I’ve encountered.

Flexible, friendly, and collaborative working environment.
    Overall it’s a great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue your passionate dedication to EHS, Sustainability, and the growth and development of people.

"Intern"

Pros

Great experience and awesome work environment

Cons

Too focused on billable hours

"Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Although ERM is below the industry average for pay, they offer many opportunities for career advancement. A wide diversity of projects to work on, and the flexibility to work your own hours (within reason)

Cons

Below industry average salary. 100% billability expectation for new hires (not too difficult with current backlog of project work)

Advice to Management

To attract and maintain talent pool, starting salaries should be in line with industry average. Five more words for minimum.

"World Class Environmental Consultants, ERM is the place for you"

Current Employee - Partner in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Partner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Environmental consultants who take their careers seriously will benefit from ERM's culture because performance speaks for itself at ERM. ERM provides the intellectual platform needed to advance your technical skills and become learn about the business of consulting services. I have found that the company offers opportunities that match my changing needs, a critical feature for longevity. Best of all, I have made lifelong friends at ERM.

Cons

Honestly, the downsides at ERM are probably typical for the industry. At times, you may not feel included in decisions that could affect your future. ERM is exposed to the same market cycles as all companies, and the inevitable downturns have an impact on morale and opportunities. But over the long run, I wouldn't be anywhere else because I trust the leadership and their commitment to the people and our clients.

Advice to Management

Continue the investment in people - it has and always will create the greatest good.

"Amazing company"

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time

Pros

Excellent management and opportunities to grow

Cons

No cons at this time.

10. "Excellent, ethical company!"

Pros

ERM is a fantastic company to work for! Wonderful people - everyone is helpful and engaging.

Cons

I have experienced none thus far.

11. "Good company"

Pros

great benefits flexible job

Cons

none I can list