Environmental Standards Reviews | Glassdoor

Rock J. Vitale, CEAC.

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

Pros

I love my job at Environmental Standards, and I am grateful for my opportunity here. The company cares about its employees and conducts business with integrity (which is important to me).
    Staff members are friendly, down-to-earth people. Most projects require input from several people/departments, so it is a team-oriented environment. I frequently see employees offering to assist co-workers in completing tight-deadline projects. Hard work does not go unnoticed and the management staff is very conscientious of giving credit where credit is due. The company frequently promotes from within.
    But, for me, the biggest “Pro” is working for a company that has a positive impact. Environmental Standards provides quality oversight of environmental remediation projects, performs third-party data validation, and evaluates/develops methods for analyzing environmental contaminants. The people who work here don’t mind working hard to do a good job because they know the work we do here is important. My individual role here may be small, but I am still part of something that is making a huge positive impact on the world.

Cons

There really aren’t many negative things I can say about this company. I’m very happy here, and I feel fortunate to have found this position.

Advice to Management

You have created a positive environment and you truly care about the needs of employees. Continuing to do that will surely keep the company on the path to further growth and success.

2. "Environmental Standards is a Great Place to Work because…"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Chemist
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Chemist

I have been working at Environmental Standards full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since joining Environmental Standards in 2014 I have had numerous opportunities which allowed me to expand my technical knowledge and develop my sales and marketing skills, all while continuing with my passion as an analytical chemist. Environmental Standards continues to provide me with unique career experiences and the management team provides me with the information and support to overcome any roadblocks that I encounter along the way. For me, it is this diversity and support that makes working at Environmental Standards really enjoyable.
    The thing I appreciate most about the company is that it’s a people-focused organization, a principle that continues to remain strong throughout the company’s growth and development. Environmental Standards has given me the opportunity to balance work and life by allowing me to work flexible hours. I managed to contribute significantly to the company and I still have time for my family. We are now at a time of growth and expansion into exciting new initiatives. I look forward to the opportunities and challenges that come with the expansion of the business.

Cons

One con of working at Environmental Standards is that I haven't been able to meet a lot of my colleagues working in the headquarters in PA or remote offices in VA, IL and NM. I work with and interact with these folks very frequently but I have not been able to meet them in person.

"Not Good"

Pros

- Some flexibility with work hours
    - Some very technically adept folks who are great at what they do and willing to mentor junior staff
    - Nice area/setting

Cons

- Extremely cliquish
    - The different service lines within the company don't seem to work well together; there seems to be some underlying tension
    - Company is losing many staff, either through layoffs or people leaving on their own

"Better Days"

I worked at Environmental Standards full-time

Pros

Some great people work for Environmental Standards. The office space is nice with private offices for many employees. A casual atmosphere allows shorts and tee-shirts in the summer. While core hours span a 9-hour day, there is flexibility if not abused. The company is good about recognizing family and personal needs.

Cons

Business is slow and Environmental Standards has been shrinking. Salaries are lower than average and pretty stagnant. Bonuses are small or non-existent over the last few years. Employee development is a low priority. The CEO is involved in everything and it's often a bad experience. Company management is not very good.

Advice to Management

Less ego more concern for people

"Great coworkers and casual work atmosphere"

I worked at Environmental Standards full-time

Pros

Casual work atmosphere; nice coworkers; there is some flexibility to work from home due to weather or child illness or home delivery or similar; there was a lot of different opportunities to work on projects from various industry sectors

Cons

communication with employees about many executive decisions is slow to non-existent and much information is tightly held for a small firm; it is not necessarily clear what is needed for a promotion

"Company culture regressing"

I have been working at Environmental Standards full-time

Pros

The environment is relaxed and the hours are flexible. Because it is small, you always have a door open with the upper management. The work is easy.

Cons

The company culture has been slowly regressing for a while. There are cliques that seek to demage others careers. There is little opportunity for growth and the compensation is poor.

Advice to Management

start paying people

"Nice environment"

I have been working at Environmental Standards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment
    Casual attire
    Relative flexibility in work hours
    Beautiful building in very nice surroundings
    Company in growth-mode
    New training program being implemented

Cons

High stress level
    Prima donna's
    Intense focus on billability
    Certain departments require a great deal of hand holding