Environmental Stoneworks Reviews | Glassdoor

Chuck Stein

1. "Good and bad"

Current Employee - Project Manager in North Branch, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in North Branch, MN

I have been working at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company Vehicle, Cell Phone, Lots of overtime, lots of freedom with schedule, lots of work to be done, lots of driving

Cons

Heavy Lifting, Crews are difficult to work with, management questions a lot of things you do (gps in vehicles), management makes you feel pressured if you do not get enough work done, work days are typically 10 hours or more.

2. "worker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mableton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mableton, GA

I have been working at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none at this time

Cons

the HR department is the worst!!!

Advice to Management

hr discriminates against Spanish speaking applicants she doesn't want to hire any Spanish people if they cant understand her and she does not want a Spanish speaking person from the floor translating because she's not a translator, that's not what HR is supposed to be about!!!

3. "Work for anyone else if you can"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They make a good product.

Cons

Hire the cheapest installers possible. Almost all installations had to have something redone because of poor quality work. Terrible management. They hire good people then micro-manage them. They distrust the very people who are trying to take pride in their work. They absolutely don't give a rip about their customers!

Advice to Management

Charge a little more and use the money to hire better installers. You hire good people; let them do their jobs!

4. "Beyond horrible and stressful. No leadership from above, local markets even worse."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Use this job to network with their clients, or just experience with other construction areas/products. Do not look for a career here unless you want to die early of a heart attack from the insane amount of stress you will deal with internally. The company take home vehicle is a nice deal, but they track where you are. Insurance is pretty good as well. Don't be afraid to ask for more money in a pm position if you have construction background!

Cons

Leadership is biggest problem. Then comes the production planets themselves. Never, can they have enough of your material made our delivered when you need it. At the end of every month, everyone is required to do inventory for the plant...even those who have zero control of what it does. You are locked at the facility, nor allowed to leave until everything is balanced.

Advice to Management

Get some leadership that actually have construction backgrounds, not just manufacturing. There is a huge difference between the 2 when it comes to customer expectations, and the people who are face to face with your customers while you sit inside your office.

5. "Challenging and rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Branch, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Branch, MN

I have been working at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environmental Stoneworks is a fast growing company offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Safety is a top priority and is a constant topic of conversation at all levels of the organization. Great results are celebrated and rewarded. Best practices are shared among regions to strengthen the entire company. There is a lot of opportunity within this company for those willing to put in the work and think outside the box.

Cons

As with any fast growing company, a little patience is required at times. Things don't always happen within the timeframe you expect.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything you can to promote a positive work environment and keep the focus on safety.

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

easy going environment, very welcoming personnel, weekly paychecks, benefits PTO time. This a company that truly wants you to succeed.

Cons

Bonus need for indivuals

7. "Great Place to Work, Grow, and Conquer Challenges!"

Current Employee - Safety/Quality in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Safety/Quality in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with this firm for a while now and truly enjoy my role, my fellow employees, my immediate management team, upper management, and the challenges we face together on a daily basis. Upper management places a great deal of emphasis on safety and this is apparent daily. This is construction so it is an ever changing environment in the field and in in the offices. Most positions require the ability to adapt quickly and make decisions to keep projects moving. If you enjoy a fast paced environment, working out/overcoming challenges, work well with teams, and can work well without a great deal of supervision you will thrive here. If you expect someone to hold your hand and just do the minimum amount of work to get buy you will not fit well. Like any career, you get out of it what you put into it. I look forward to going to work every day and embrace the challenges we face and enjoy the satisfaction and pride we share at the end of every day. Yes, there are long days sometimes but this is construction and with proper planning and experience these can be minimized quickly.

Cons

I have encountered no cons working with this firm and as mentioned above, you get out of a career, what you put into it. Working hard, smart, being efficient pays off and I have witnessed it and experienced it with this firm.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You have put together a strong team who believe in you and support you. Keep driving safety and quality.

"Order Entry"

Current Employee - Order Entry in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Order Entry in Denver, CO

I have been working at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was very good. Once I learned the job on my own. The job became tolerable.

Cons

No training. No accountability in regards to unethical behavior. Sexual harassment in particular. High turn over. Lots of gossip, and harassment/bullying.

Advice to Management

Re hire Specific Management. These individuals are unethical in so many ways it's not funny.

"Don't waist your time you can make more money flipping burgers"

Former Employee - Plant Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Plant Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you can tell me even one I'd like to hear it

Cons

When you give it more than 100% they still don't appreciate you

Advice to Management

Stand up for what you think is right and fight for valued employees

"If you want to have a work/life balance, this job is not for you."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Environmental Stoneworks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting work. Every job is a little different.

Cons

Out of touch management, understaffed, mediocre pay and benefits, unrealistic workloads.

Advice to Management

Understand that constant turnover and employee burnout is no way to run a business. More time, energy, and money is wasted on recruiting new people to replace the burn outs. That money could be better spent on running the business more efficiently.