Envision Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jonathan Kline
1 Rating

1. "I acquired invaluable attributes for the account manager position with this organisation."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Envision Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

empowered me with a patience and perseverance.

Cons

winter time and adverse weather conditions proved to be a minor obstacle for positive productivity.

Advice to Management

recruiting for team building opportunities should be the prime concern.

2. "Lack Luster"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Carle Place, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Carle Place, NY

I worked at Envision Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We built a great team in which we all struggled together.

Cons

The pay was strictly commission and the leads became saturated quickly.

"Position not as advertised"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Envision Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for hard, hard workers.
    Results based business.

Cons

Paid only for sales which can only happen between 10 and 5, even though they make you come in at 8 AM and stay til 5:30-6 PM, or 3 hours of working for free.

Advice to Management

Don't promise management promotion within 1 year if all the recently promoted managers are closer to 3 years.

"Great work environment great opportunity for growth"

I have been working at Envision Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is not like any I have experienced before. It is very fun and everyone is so kind. The best part is that everyone is incredibly helpful and kind. They all want you to succeed and with their help it is much easier. You'll never feel like you have been left alone to fend for yourself. Someone will always have your back. Its really a great place to work. There is definitely a competitive spirit but only in the nicest sense. When you are successful and have achieved something everyone will congratulate you.

Cons

There are only cons if you do not put in your utmost effort. Like anywhere you reap what you sow and here is the same if you work hard and you are dedicated you will achieve the goals that you are striving for. All it takes on your part is putting in all your effort.

"Innovative and growing company. Great training program for those looking for something to push themselves!"

I have been working at Envision Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say the best aspects of the Envision Consulting Group start with the managers you work under. They are not only knowledgeable in their fields but extremely accessible on a day to day basis. They have a great energy! As far as the management development program, I could not recommend a better learning environment. I studied at NYU, and I strongly believe that the best way to gain experience is to throw yourself into it. Envision Consulting Group offers you that in the business world.

It is nice to be a part of a company that welcomed myself and significant other into their company and events. The work environment is very positive and encouraging.

Cons

The managers push you to try new things like public speaking or running a meeting that for me weren't totally in my comfort zone, but that is the nature of the program. The managers want you to stretch your abilities. Another thing that I felt like most employees struggled with was dealing with the reality of not being great of every aspect of business. I know that I was used to everything coming pretty naturally to me, but when I had to work hard to understand a new aspect of business I was definitely challenged to stay on task. Be prepared to be tested!

Advice to Management

Is there a way to offer benefits before 60 days?

"Company is a lie"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Envision Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hiring Process is very fast since they do interviews everyday and you meet and work with nice people.

Cons

When you apply to the job you figure your gonna make 36000-55000 since thats what they application says......wrong its a lie. It's all commission based b2b selling and cold calling all that doody ^^ which in turn means no steady salary.

Advice to Management

Manage a better application process.

"Good Experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Carle Place, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Carle Place, NY

I worked at Envision Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for Envision Consulting Group for about 8 months in the spring/ summer of 2012. It was a very friendly environment in the office which was a nice ease from college. The job is definitely not for everyone, the hours are different then most jobs and about 50% of the day to day activities include outside sales. The pay is commission based which scared me at first, but once I was able to learn the marketing techniques that they applied I was able to make about $500-$700 a week. The job was challenging in that I definitely got pushed out of my "comfort zone" on a daily basis, but the staff was pretty accommodating with my training. My experience at Envision was definitely a positive one overall, I was able to gain some real world experience in the form of sales techniques and marketing strategy which I now apply at my current job. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking an entry level position as a great place to gain some experience in the work world.

Cons

The job is 50% in the field in the entry level stage, so if you don't like the outdoors this is not the position for you. The job is commission based so you really have to work for your money. For certain campaigns the hours can be different then the normal 9:00 - 5:00.

9. "entry level"

I worked at Envision Consulting Group full-time

Pros

door to door sales is hard if the mentality is not good

Cons

good to learn after school, nice people

10. "Consultant"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Envision Consulting Group as a contractor

Pros

Nice support staff (back-end on-boarding, help with T&E software, flexible).
    Enthusiastic leadership
    Interesting work with a great client

Cons

The daily rate is very low. In our initial conversation we discussed a range of rates but the actual day rate was not revealed until two days prior to the engagement (to which I had already committed).

Advice to Management

Be clear about rates, up-front, with your contractors.

11. "Sales"

I worked at Envision Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ok team work, close-knit working environment, colleagues are close to each other, flexible work time

Cons

low pay, you have to walk a lot everyday, very low-silk work .... don't work here, dont worth your time !