Envision (Kansas) Reviews | Glassdoor

Kent Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I worked at Envision (Kansas) (More than 3 years)

Pros

The loveliest people in the world

Cons

Senior managers need to be more inclusive in its mission and reduce managing from their offices.

Advice to Management

see above.

2. "Envision, Inc - Stay Far Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I worked at Envision (Kansas) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The founder (who was pushed out) was a very good person to work for. She cared greatly about the mission and believed in what she was doing.

Cons

This is a very poor place to work. Current management is dishonest, incompetent and is not committed to the mission. Very questionable decisions related to divestment of profitable and mission-focused divisions.

Advice to Management

I really have no advice for management. The board needs to take a good, hard, objective look at the focus of current management.

3. "almost 10 yrs"

I have been working at Envision (Kansas) full-time

Pros

Lower level management seems to care about the employees......Climate controlled building....

Cons

The "CEO" has cut about every thing he could get his hands on. I don't feel he really cares about the blind people all that much. There used to be a Christmas bonus of 3% of your yearly pay up to $500, that has now been cut to 1% of your pay up to $500. The blind people are only making about 8-10 and hour there bonus for most of them is under $100 only people making 50K or more a year get the 500.....also envision used to pay the taxes on this bonus, not any more. They have cut some of the 401K benefits. Heath Care has gone up, coverage has gone down. (Some of this is due to Obomacare). Little side perks have all pretty much been cut. We used to have a meal for thanksgiving and Christmas now it is just 1 holiday meal. We used to do an hour lunch for some other holidays all of them are gone under the new ceo. There have been many other perks cut under the new ceo as well. When anyone ask about it they are shunned in meetings. I think people would be ok with these cuts if they are truly needed, but when you are a none for profit and hiding where all the money goes it seems a little shady.....

Advice to Management

Lower level management seems to be great, but upper level could care less about anyone. They keep filling positions with there buddies and not who would be best for the company......One example is we had a job that has always been a manager position...the new guy is friends with the ceo. He gets the job and magically now the position title is director.....directors get a lot more perks in our hand book....also I have never been anywhere that a director had only 4 employees under him/her......

4. "Accounts Receivable"

I worked at Envision (Kansas) full-time

Pros

Great people and facilities, catered lunch, education reimbursement program, good benefits

Cons

Cubicle life, 1-3% yearly reviews and raises

5. "great summer job"

Pros

great way to travel, you meet lot's of new people, great opportunity to work with kids

Cons

long hours, but it add up.

Advice to Management

n/a

6. "not good"

Pros

centrally located and computers/software works

Cons

process is non existent or poor

7. "I enjoy the people in this company and the compassion they share for and with everyone."

Pros

The shared compassion and team work with everyone.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be a little tough.

Advice to Management

Communication is the key.

8. "Overall good pay for someone starting out, environment is pretty tough"

Former Employee - Sales in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Sales in Wichita, KS

I worked at Envision (Kansas) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great bonuses, full benefits, fun environment for the most part

Cons

f you don't like sales don't work here!

9. "New CEO, not good news"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Envision (Kansas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping the blind and watching what they can really do.

Cons

Blind people are treated and paid poorly. The new CEO has cut about every benefit he can get his hands on and tells everyone how bad we are hurting for money. Although he wont show anyone any of the financialy statements and we have been working 6 days a week for most of a year now and recently opened up a 3rd shift because we can keep up with orders. This new CEO has brought in a lot of his buddys / people he worked with in the past and ran off a lot of other top management makes me wonder how much corruption is going on up there. They try very hard to keep employees in the dark. In the last year or so we have had, 1/2 our retirement taken away, insurance go up, pay raises capped at 1.5 % which is a joke and wont even keep up with inflation, Christmas bonus was last yr was 100 and this year rumor has it, the bonus will be 0. We used to do a dinner for thanksgiving and Christmas now we do 1 combined, used to get river fest buttons, this are a few of the benefits we have lost just in the last about 1 year under the new CEO.

Advice to Management

Get ride of this guy or quit hiding all the cards. When an employee ask a question in a company wide meeting and the CEO answers there are things you guys don't need to know your hiding something an most people are feeling you are a little corrupt at the top.

10. "Positive until new management came along and started cutting benefits."

Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Communications Specialist in Wichita, KS

I worked at Envision (Kansas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing mission; you have the ability to see the difference you are making in the lives of others. Large, but small enough to know most of your colleagues. Very diverse operation. Challenging work.

Cons

They pay those with vision loss poorly and that leads to negativity of those employees. Negative environment with little trust.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth with those who need it most. Hourly employees are "working poor"' with disabilities and we all know government contracts are landed because of them. Make employee morale a priority.