EnvisionTEC Reviews | Glassdoor

Ali Siblani

1. "Technician"

Current Employee - Technician in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Technician in Gardena, CA

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to learn a lot, not just technical things but non-technical things as well. For eg. how a company can keep growing and have culture to attract the best talent.

Cons

Company got a bit large. Often it's hard to get new positions filled in a timely manner.

2. "AMAZING PLACE TO WORK AT TO LEARN ABOUT 3D PRINTING"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Gardena, CA

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the one place where you will learn so many engineering skills. NEVER A dull moment

Cons

Lots of projects interesting but sometimes a bit overwhelming

Advice to Management

Give us more time to finish the projects

3. "Sales Admin."

Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Administrator in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Great Manager to work with. The technology is growng at a fast pace. Fast pace with transitions and training. Flexible with Time off requests. Teamwork is the base for this comapny's Culture.

Cons

Company is grwoing fast and needs to fill more positions to accommodate growth

"Cheap owner doesn't appreciate his employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no good reason to work here you get paid every two weeks and the pay is hardly worth it . Takes a whole year to get a tiny raise .

Cons

The management is a joke , the owner is not the nicest and the only time he speaks to you is if something is wrong other then that he has the I'm better then you additude .

Advice to Management

Try to take care of the people who bust there butt for the company . Maybe get a production manager that does something

"It was bad"

Former Employee - Assembler in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Assembler in Gardena, CA

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Well what can i say about a company tgats sucks at every level, maybe the lunch truck food was better

Cons

The owner sucks, he want to do impossible things sometimes. I hope someone sue him because nothing what he says to his customers is true

"Taking Steps Backward"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fascinating technology, growing industry, mostly great staff.

Cons

No work life balance, and senior management does not seem to care. Experienced staff & management leaving, no HR department to speak of, overworked employees, severely overworked and over traveled techs, CEO micromanaging more and more, high turnover due to lack of workplace satisfaction and barely competitive pay, SERIOUSLY LACKING IN VACATION AND BENEFITS, senior mmanagers heard concerns for years, and no plans to reexamine compensation scheme have ever been communicated or colluded to. One week of vacation & 2 sick days for first 2 years, 2 weeks of vacation after 3 years, if you roll anything over you STOP ACCRUING TIME until you use it!

Advice to Management

You have managers for a reason: delegate responsibility to them and trust them.
    You will not attract and retain quality staff without truly competitive pay AND benefits; C-level staff is out of touch with what that us & needs to open their eyes.
    Your staff is overworked and feels very underappreciated; thank them for their work in quarterly meetings and mean it, even if performance wasn't what was projected. Then outline the next set of goals. Schedule a BBQ day. Buy everyone a $5 Biggby gift card for no reason.
    It doesn't take much, and it will take time for them to start trusting, but you have GOT to give people a reason to WANT to come to work. Otherwise, their next employer, in an industry with such limited specifically qualified people, is only a couple resumes away.

"Production Process"

Current Employee - Mechanical Assembler in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Assembler in Gardena, CA

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can learn innovative designs of 3D printers manufacturing, Involvement in R&D projects

Cons

Company managed a bit like a jail,step right step left and you are fired and that considering the poor training they provide, not stable schedule between 8 to 12 hour work days.

Advice to Management

Don't treat employees like a tools, provide a better training

8. "Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Pros

The environment is great. If you can be diligent and combine some haste with your work you will be fine. The Ceo is passionate about growing the company and it feels good to work for someone who cares a lot about its well being. Don't get in the way of that passion or all hell will break loose.. Otherwise it was great to be able to receive feedback from the executives and really made my time there positive.

Cons

It's forcing me to write here so I'll leave my two cents. The company has a smaller workforce with a huge footprint... That means you get to be independent a majority of the time... nobody is breathing down your neck but at the same time you don't share some luxuries big corps can offer. Read between the lines and enjoy your time there! Goodluck

9. "Great Company, Great Growth Potential"

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time

Pros

During my time at Envisiontec, I got to work with some amazing people. Communication within the office and between employees was excellent. Everyone (corporate officers and upper level management included) was approachable and supportive, which makes it a great team environment. It's also a fast growing company in an even faster growing industry. I was able to learn a lot about the industry, and my experience there made me an attractive candidate to future employers (my current one included). I believe that the potential for growth is unlimited.

Cons

While I was there, things were rapidly growing and changing, which made it challenging to keep up at times. Since I left, I believe that they expanded their workforce, which was a necessary step in order to ensure that all business functions were fully supported.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and continue to grow and develop all business functions. I see great potential in this company.

"Fake Reviews Cite "Change" Not "CEO" As Challenge"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nobody cares, no one takes ownership of problem issues in a constructive manner. So long as your aptitude is low, your job is secure. They don't care if you're late or if your coworkers smell like weed, or if the work is perfect so long as it gets crated and shipped.

Cons

They won't pay overtime; you will work Saturdays but your number of hours will be readjusted down to fit 50 hours at regular rate.

It's not an honest company, they never paid for software while I was there, then try to weasel through customer service calls for hardware compatibility issues on their sole dev kit licenses

There are no "career paths" here - the only path is out of the shop - and it will be a burned bridge for you as you discover years later they poison your recruiters with lies.

They will also lie to Employment Development Department to evade paying their portion of unemployment insurance benefits all the way up to the Judicial Administrator point twice - because when they lose the first time, they will try to appeal with for a more favorable decision in the second hearing.

They promised health insurance the entire time I was there, almost a year. Never happened.

They promised overtime, but pay straight hours by rounding down to fit a Saturday's hours same as a weekday rate. Which is illegal, but they get away with it because the coworkers don't complain.

Only unseasoned candidates who respond to low pay offers are hired, so you will be asked to respond to coworker's errors should you demonstrate any skills or aptitude achievements.

Advice to Management

This company started out in business selling SLA additives to Ford Motor Company, so my suggestion would be: quit focusing on what doesn't work (making razors) and look at what does (making the blades). All else in Envisiontec history has been patent-trolling and Field of Dreams folly.