EnvisionTEC Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
EnvisionTEC President and CEO Ali Siblani
Ali Siblani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales Support Administrator - Glad to be Part of a Great Team!"

Current Employee - Sales Support Administrator in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Support Administrator in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working at EnvisionTEC; the work is challenging and incredibly interesting. I was at my previous job for nearly 10 months and never felt like I fit in or was accepted. I've been at this position for almost 3 months and I am completely accepted as a full part of the team. I was immediately accepted as part of the EnvisionTEC family by my team in Customer Service and everyone at EnvisionTEC goes out of their way to help out, give information and answer questions. It is really nice to wake up each morning looking forward to going to work and leaving each day feeling like I made a valuable contribution.

Cons

A big challenge we are facing here at EnvisionTEC, is that we are growing fast and we are in need of highly qualified caring and committed employees to join our team.

"The positive reviews and company responses are LIES!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A couple of people were nice to work with.

Cons

The EnvisionTEC company response indicating they provide a month to find a new position if it isn't working out is a huge lie! The CEO of this co. fired me on the spot for a typo. A TYPO. Not because I didn't do everything he asked, not because I didn't call him on weekends to ensure that he attended his calls, and not because my work was "subpar". He is incredibly abusive, insulted me daily, I also watched and heard him insulting and screaming at others when it wasn't me. He has no respect for his employees, he puts people down and creates an awful morale. I literally dreaded going to work every day. From day 2 I began looking for another position. The CEO is cruel, mean, disorganized, and mentally unstable. I asked others for help but the reply was to do nothing to change anything regarding the way he treats people. He is fake, and the positive reviews you see are such fiction, it's truly entertaining to read. I know because I wrote more than one per CEO orders. HR does nothing to help, and misrepresented the job in the first place. There is NO family culture, that's a lie, there is no advancement, that's a lie, the pay is poor and the benefits are minimal, they do not take care of their employees in any way. Above all, the CEO is seriously mentally unstable. He needs psychological help to control himself, and the anger issues that he spews onto his employees.

Advice to Management

Seek the professional help you need, quickly, before you are reported to the EEOC for your conduct and awful behavior.

"corporate overview"

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time

Pros

Many good people pass through the doors at EnvisionTEC

Cons

Many good people choose to pass right back out of the doors.
    Management needs to step back, and let control of the company fall to professionals. This company will sink without professional, and experienced management.

Advice to Management

Sell the company now before it is too late.
    Beware of the FAKE reviews. This is not a good company to work for,

"Innovative High - Tech company with a strong family culture"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work side by side with some of the brightest minds in additive manufacturing
    holistic approach to employees You are a person , not a number
    Job security, only place I know where you get a one month notice to find a new job if its not working out

Cons

Went through a lot of growing pangs very normal for a growing, profitable global company but definitely on the rise with great advantages on the horizon!

Advice to Management

Keep the flow of great changes coming!

"Say far far away from this horrible company and even worse CEO!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good product, casual dress day on Friday

Cons

So many to list here.....CEO is an abusive manipulator who try's to motivate with fear. I have actually seen him throw things in the office. So many unhappy clients with poor support and he doesn't want to help them out, he feels its their problem not his. I have actually spoken with clients that wont deal with us anymore because of him, he has lost more deals because of his stubbornness and mean disposition. I have also heard him yell at sales people and threaten them, he's a terrible person who doesn't deserve to own his own company, and it will fail because of him. The employee turnover is also extremely high as well, he doesn't believe in paying a fair wage even though he promises many raises and bonuses he never comes thru.... the company culture is the worst I have ever seen, employees are walking on eggshells when he is around, the tension in the office can be felt as soon as you enter the building.

Advice to Management

Get out sell company now, do your remaining employees a favor, or you will continue to lose more good people.

""EnvisionTEC""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High energy environment, good pay, a lot of opportunity to move around within the company, good people, close knit office.

Cons

It can get very, very busy at times.

"Terrible Company - Verbally Abusive CEO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no REAL pros to speak of...

Cons

The CEO is an insulting, mean, verbally abusive tyrant. The POSITIVE reviews you see are FAKE. I know this firsthand. The way the CEO treats people is abhorrent, he screams and throws temper tantrums if he isn't happy about something. He insults you and your work if you make a mistake. He is mean and cruel day in and day out, in the office or not in the office, EVERY SINGLE DAY. He puts on such a facade when visitors come in, as if he treats his people well and when they leave he yells at you for whatever he thinks you should have done beforehand. He has no concern for his employees, and no one is spared. He is terrible to everyone who crosses his path. My advice would be to stay far away from this place if you want to keep your self-esteem, dignity, and sanity.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing employees to write false positive reviews, try honesty for once. Treat people the way you expect to be treated.

EnvisionTEC Response

Nov 10, 2017 – Interim HR manager

While it is unfortunate that some employees have been terminated it is usually due to not meeting departmental standards and values during the review. We strive to treat all our employees as family... More

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful company to make your career at. Very knowledgeable engineers that produce high quality products. Team environment with room to grow and bring new ideas to the workspace. Fair and honest managers who make you feel as though they are looking out for your best interest.

Cons

At times a very high stress job. Sometimes you will be so busy on projects, that the ability to learn on the fly is tested. The workloads continue to expand based on the changing industry requirements, agency politics and competitive market.

EnvisionTEC Response

Oct 23, 2017 – Interim HR manager

We are so pleased that you have had such a wonderful experience as a member of the EnvisionTEC Family! We are a profitable and growing organization thanks to our employees strive for... More

"Technician"

Current Employee - Technician in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Technician in Gardena, CA

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to learn a lot, not just technical things but non-technical things as well. For eg. how a company can keep growing and have culture to attract the best talent.

Cons

Company got a bit large. Often it's hard to get new positions filled in a timely manner.

"Looks better on paper..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC (More than a year)

Pros

Seriously cool machines and the industry is exciting. Also, Dearborn has really good food.

Cons

Pretty much everything. The biggest con is the CEO. He has a horrible temper that completely destroys moral and behavior that totally crosses the line. Really bad dude. The compensation package is pitiful. Lowball salaries, bottom of the barrel benefits, barely any vacation time and zero opportunity for advancement. The place has a revolving door for talent. The nature of the industry attracts a lot of smart and excited people. ET chews them up and spits them out at an incredible rate. So may disheartened and broken spirited employees. Seriously, don't work there, you're better off serving tables.

Advice to Management

Advice doesn't matter if management doesn't stay long enough to implement it