EnvisionTEC Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 61 reviews

2.2
EnvisionTEC CEO Ali Siblani
Ali Siblani
Pros
  • "This is a good place to work if you want entry level 3D printing experience(in 4 reviews)

• "Working on top of the line 3D printers and introducing them to customers(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "God forbid you are to make a mistake, or he catches you glancing at your phone(in 3 reviews)

• "The POSITIVE reviews you see are FAKE(in 3 reviews)

1. "BEST INNOVATIVE 3D PRINTING COMPANY"

Current Employee - Service and Applications Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great flexibility of hours. Always innovating. A great friendly management team

Cons

More vacations days We need to offer more than 3 weeks after 5 years on job

Advice to Management

Need more people in customer service

EnvisionTEC2019-06-13

"Horrible company to work for"

I worked at EnvisionTEC

Pros

Literally no pros, I feel like I was lied to at my initial interview

Cons

Cant retain employees, horrible management. STAY AWAY

Advice to Management

Treat people like humans

EnvisionTEC2019-08-07

"A good way to be introduced to commercial additive manufacturing, but you WILL need to detox after leaving."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-This company can be a good stepping stone into the industry, but keep in mind while there, that this is NOT how proper businesses are run. You WILL need time to detoxify after leaving. - The support network. A lot of wonderful people work here, with whom I have made lifelong friends. Mind you, if the CEO catches wind that you talk to any former employees, even on non-work related terms he will try to fire you.

Cons

- It can be an extremely toxic environment. -The C-Level almost seems to encourage a division between the different offices (California, Germany, Dearborn) which often leads to a lack of information shared. -The 3SP machines are hastily constructed with cheap materials and inexperienced laborers, same with the desktop DLP printers. -The large DLP printers have been rebranded so many times, each with a price increase;...

Advice to Management

I really wish I could give some advice to the management, but they're all stuck just as bad, if not worse, than all the other employees. The CEO holds the entire company under his thumb, with the mindset that he owns all of his employees... And treats them as such.

EnvisionTEC2019-06-15

"Worst company to work for. Do not even come in for an interview. Waste of time."

Former Employee - Engineer in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Literally none. The company has everything wrong with it.

Cons

This company is completely out of line. CEO is a complete jerk. During the interview, all the CEO did was sit on his phone. It took them 4 months and 6 interviews to make any sort of decision. The lack of communication at this place is real not to mention they treat their employees like crap.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people. Not animals.

EnvisionTEC2019-06-10

"Do not waste your time applying for this company."

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not a good place to work! Management is terrible, always putting you down in front of your coworkers. When you do the best of your ability with the training you received. Which wasn't good at all. CEO is mean and a nasty disgusting person.

Cons

Overall not a good place to work, machines are always having issues. Do not purchase these lemons.

EnvisionTEC2019-06-04

"Decent Corp, hope they do well. But, while bootcamp may work in the military - doesn't mean it's best for the office."

Former Employee - Technician in Dearborn, MI

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time for less than a year

Pros

No offense... I can't think of a single one. With the exception that after a half-decade+; you just might finally be able to utilize your Additive Mfg. degree somehow instead of wasting it.

Cons

I'm sure they're all great people. And whoever is contemplating this review, please don't let my opinion disuade you. I, in fact, love challenging work environments that might feel "oppressive" at times; as long as they aren't needlessly-so or negatively impacting productivity. Either you won't have an issue here at all - or you'll come to find out it's detrimental to your development and furthering your career.

Advice to Management

Your company, so you do you.

EnvisionTEC2019-02-06

"If the technology worked, it might be great."

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting technology if it actually worked. The Bioplotter is innovative but needs to step it up.

Cons

Most of the technology doesn’t work and can’t reproduce a consistent part if the company depended on it. Basically it’s an ongoing science experiment. Customers have bad opinions of technology.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement hell. Get your technology to work first instead of having every gotta have “it” thing.

EnvisionTEC2019-02-07

"Total Chaos!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I worked at EnvisionTEC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative technology with nice looking products

Cons

"Abandon All Hope , Ye Who Enter Here" I felt like this quote from Dante, The Divine Comedy would perfectly summarize my experience with this company. I have been an employee of this company and I could easily say that this is the most disorganized company I ever worked in. People in the shop floor don't have a clue of what's going on in the departments around them, people in the key departments do not collaborate well...

Advice to Management

Hire more empathic and respectful people in upper and mid-level management and allow them to do their jobs! Do not root for their failure to do their jobs, provide training and promote truthful dialog about various issues.

EnvisionTEC2018-12-16

"bad bad bad"

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time

Pros

many very talented people are trying to make it work

Cons

management sees employees as expendable and they are totally abused daily

Advice to Management

Get out! You are holding back the company and will eventually ruin it.

EnvisionTEC2018-12-19

"Do Not Subject Yourself to the CEO's Abuse!!"

Current Employee - Assistant in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at EnvisionTEC full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm now working for another company, great boss, great benefits, and I'm treated like family.

Cons

There are so many, it's hard to choose which to write about but the primary *Cons are all due to the CEO. He's a hateful person, who appreciated absolutely nothing you do. I went above and beyond for Mr. Siblani and he still treated me like dirt on the bottom of his shoe. I did everything he asked, and if it wasn't absolutely perfect, he would explode into insults and email the HR person to complain about me, and he...

Advice to Management

Stop trying to justify the CEO's terrible behavior, be honest, don't refute our honest reviews with lies. Have some integrity.

EnvisionTEC2018-11-14