Envisionit Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Todd Brook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Feeling the love"

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ Nice to see the return of positive energy around the company
    + A business direction I believe in
    + Sales seems to be doing very well
    + Smart people
    + Management that is works very hard
    + Leaders are open about the direction of the company
    + Most employees really care
    + A chance to really get to know the people you work with
    + Passionate people at all levels
    + Work quality

Cons

+ There are a few people I work with that don't pull their weight, but seem to get away with it
    + Only certain roles create strategy

Advice to Management

Personally, I understand that there are people who are experts a specific jobs at Envisionit. While I feel supported by my manager, I feel that these experts are not very open to alternative points of view.

Look for ways to improve this!

As a business please continue to share vision. I feel very recharged since the 2017 kick-off.

"Lots of really talented people, but not very progressive nor much diversity"

I worked at Envisionit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very well-meaning, and it's full of a lot of ambitious, caring producers

Cons

Constant shifts in direction, lack of diversity, very flat structure

Advice to Management

Follow through on plans, talk to your producers about what works and what doesn't, figure out career paths for each role, even out compensation

"Feeling positive about 2017"

I have been working at Envisionit full-time

Pros

-Talented employees
    -You are a person, not a number
    -Leadership really cares about the people that work here
    -Interesting clients
    -Supportive employee culture
    -Innovative thinking. CEO understands we need to evolve with technology if we want to stay relevant

Cons

-Leadership can get very busy, juggling a lot of priorities
    -Employees aren't always totally in tune with what leadership is doing to address challenges
    -Need to get better at taking time to celebrate successes
    -Right now we're lacking visibility into all our different roles and responsibilities at the agency. We have a lot of specialized experts and it can be confusing at times to know who is in charge of what or who needs to be involved in a project.

Advice to Management

Coming off our 2017 Agency Kickoff, I'm feeling really energized about company direction. It will be hard work, but I believe in our goals and our people so I believe we can hit them. It was great to get us all together to talk about vision and really underscore the importance of camaraderie and being a culture of respect and integrity. So, advice is, keep it up. Keep communicating vision beyond the leadership group, involving all employees in growth strategies and investing in us. We want to be known by name as one of the best agencies out there, so let's make that happen.

"Envisionit is full of passion but has terrible leadership with no follow through."

I have been working at Envisionit full-time

Pros

+ The people there are super friendly.
    + There are a lot of employees that have been there 5+ years.
    + Great attitudes and company events.

Cons

+ The CEO has mentioned stated "Glassdoor salaries are inflated" on multiple occasions.
    + The team has a lot of self taught members.
    + The dev team only consists of senior members.
    + The creative leads run the show, and their ADD gets the better of them.
    + Design first approach on all their projects.

Advice to Management

If you can't afford to run growing operations, you should probably not be in the Prudential building. Do away with the team trophies, as it is always a popularity contest. Realize that glass door salaries are accurate, and envisionit's pay is low. Respect your dev team a little more.

"Nice view, broken culture"

I worked at Envisionit full-time

Pros

envisionit makes really pretty websites and gets results. Lots of places I've worked create the illusion of knowing what they are doing but envisionit has lots of smart, interesting individuals making sure to deliver projects with integrity. There is also free coffee and a great view. The worker bees rock and I wish I could have spent more time with them.

Cons

You can expect to be micromanaged so much that it actually impacts your productivity. While there are lots of nice people at the company, the overall culture is stale and stuck in worn out ideas of what it takes to succeed professionally. In the short stint I worked with envisionit, everyone hired was kind of similar in terms of education/experience background. They don't recognize the value of getting different viewpoints in the door and empowering them is the way to course correct, but that also involve giving up power/control, which is difficult to do under uncertainty.

Advice to Management

You know something isn't quite resonating in your business but have no idea why. Find a way to infuse real agility, flexibility and trust into the office or its just going to keep getting...weirder. Its not about establishing top-down mindsets or engagement surveys.

Envisionit Response

Dec 19, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your open feedback on the agency. I wish we could have earned a higher rating from you. Hopefully the points below will help clarify things .

You mentioned... More

"If you're 'in' you're in, if you're 'out' your out..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envisionit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the time I was there, I gained insight into a mid-sized agency feel. There's a lot to like, but not perfect. The transparency of the business during monthly meetings was beneficial and appreciated. As was said in the title, if you're 'in' you're in... luck for being a part of the 'necessary people.'

Cons

The HR/Operations Department could use some bedside manner; very abrasive in communication. There is a lack of stable leadership that focus purely on leading, rather than taking work away from the people they manage. As was said in the title, ...if you're 'out' you're out... of a job. On a strict hours-based system, I felt I could not leave my desk or take a break. Also, the health coverage favors those who aren't married. My family chose to stay on COBRA from a previous employer rather than take the medical coverage that Envisionit had offered.

Advice to Management

Make sure to have the proper funding to employ your staff before promising them a great future with the company. Beef up your onboarding/offboarding support, as I started and ended with more questions than answers. Let the managers manage your staff and their team members do the client-based work.

"Best job I've ever had"

Pros

I love the culture and people. It is the best company I've worked for and I want to see the culture maintained as we grow. Below is a list of some of the key pro's

- Great people
    - Smart thinkers
    - Care about the clients
    - Work hard
    - Relaxed climate
    - Nice benefits
    - Owners 100% look out for us

Cons

Here are a couple of the cons to the business:

- My manager has questionable follow through yet there seems to be little done about it.

- We need to get out into the market. Why more effort isn't put here is shocking. Our work is great - why not show it off?

These are resolvable without much effort!

Advice to Management

Put the same energy into our business as we do into our clients. Keep listening to team feedback.

"A smart digital agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake.

Cons

Not enough focus on brand building & getting out there. A TON of meetings.

Advice to Management

Increase your public relations and brand building efforts. It is great that you put focus first on your clients, but if you were to dedicate some time on yourself imagine what could be accomplished. Beyond that keep it up - keep focus the positives of our environment.

"A great company to work for."

I have been working at Envisionit full-time

Pros

–Great People
    –Great Location
    –Relaxed Environment
    –Trust in Employees
    –Extremely transparent culture
    –The Owners look out for their employees
    –Freedom to express yourself to supervisors
    –Exposed to a great deal of opportunities for personal growth

Cons

–As we grow, we get more and more segmented (I realized they are working to prevent this).
    –A lot of momentum, but in-turn competing priorities.

Advice to Management

I am very impressed with how our CEO is taking time to show how much he is focused on creating a shared-mindset environment. Keep these sorts of activities up as it is energizing and creates opportunity for us and our clients.

"Marketing Manager"

I worked at Envisionit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great community of employees
    - Ownership cares about the team
    - A team-based environment
    - Very intelligent and dedicated employees
    - Quickly growing
    - Days go by very quickly
    - Very focused on employee and client growth

Cons

- It's fun to grow our larger clients, but some of the smaller clients we take on have budgets that are very limiting.
    - The 50+ person agency has leadership positions already filled making the lead role seem more challenging to get to.
    - A couple of the clients like to micro-manage our process.

Advice to Management

Focus in on the "growth" clients - don't spend so much time working to keep smaller relationships that have nowhere to go.

Keep up the engagement conversations the agency appreciates it.