Envisionit Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Todd Brook

"A smart digital agency"

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, fun people. Caring leadership. Great work-life balance. Very transparent business that goes out of their way to encourage open communication. Impressive work quality and results - well beyond what I have seen at other agencies. Located next to millennium park with beautiful views of the city and lake.

Cons

Not enough focus on brand building & getting out there. A TON of meetings.

Advice to Management

Increase your public relations and brand building efforts. It is great that you put focus first on your clients, but if you were to dedicate some time on yourself imagine what could be accomplished. Beyond that keep it up - keep focus the positives of our environment.

"If you're 'in' you're in, if you're 'out' your out..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envisionit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the time I was there, I gained insight into a mid-sized agency feel. There's a lot to like, but not perfect. The transparency of the business during monthly meetings was beneficial and appreciated. As was said in the title, if you're 'in' you're in... luck for being a part of the 'necessary people.'

Cons

The HR/Operations Department could use some bedside manner; very abrasive in communication. There is a lack of stable leadership that focus purely on leading, rather than taking work away from the people they manage. As was said in the title, ...if you're 'out' you're out... of a job. On a strict hours-based system, I felt I could not leave my desk or take a break. Also, the health coverage favors those who aren't married. My family chose to stay on COBRA from a previous employer rather than take the medical coverage that Envisionit had offered.

Advice to Management

Make sure to have the proper funding to employ your staff before promising them a great future with the company. Beef up your onboarding/offboarding support, as I started and ended with more questions than answers. Let the managers manage your staff and their team members do the client-based work.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envisionit (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, some of the best, most passionate coworkers and leadership in the industry. Really solid developers on staff as well.

Cons

I was there at a period it was growing exponentially and I never saw the downsides although after I left I heard that paranoia and distrust has started to creep into the leader's minds and do some pretty unexpected things.

Advice to Management

Keep sight of the vision and remember to keep employee happiness and string culture a priority.

5. "Not organized, but you learn a lot."

Former Employee - Designer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envisionit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn the foundations of digital marketing and be able to take those with you to other companies and use throughout your career.

Cons

Lack of senior leadership and firm direction makes it hard to advance and understand how the company is trying to grow.

Advice to Management

Be more open with the entire company about direction and growth plans.

"Sad to go!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A transformed environment. In my time with the agency, which was approximately 3 years, I saw a company go from good to great. The culture is warm, hard working, genuine, and feels like a family. I was surrounded by some of the smartest people I have met.

I am proud to have worked at this company and could have stayed for life if personal circumstances didn't force me to leave.

Cons

Most of the cons I would bring up had to do with account leadership feeling as if they could have occasionally pushed back with clients a little more. This could create chaos if not well managed. This seemed to be shifting as I was leaving, but it was the greatest con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open conversations with the team and don't lose the family feel as you grow.

"Enjoy your agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management works incredibly hard to live up to the mission of "enjoy your agency".
    The team is highly motivated and generally provided a great deal of freedom.
    Open door policy was refreshing when I joined the team.

Cons

Evolving processes can cause stress at times.
    In heavy recruiting mode, so the need to onboard a number of employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love to see how quickly we are growing and am proud of what we deliver!

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is made up of great people. Leadership is respectful and supportive, the people here are incredibly smart and it provides me with an environment to constantly learn & grow.

Cons

The company has seen major growth over the past couple of years, lending is self to reorganization and implementation of new systems. This comes with the need to be agile.

"A great company to work for - must be ready for quick growth."

Current Employee - Search Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Search Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Envisionit is made up of highly motivated, intelligent people. High energy and always looking to improve their trade. The agency's employees work together to delivery terrific work while moving quickly.

Cons

Envisionit is in a period of change. Many things, at once are evolving for the next phase of the agency. Through these changes comes stress. Additionally, the agency has historically been made up of younger employees that have been with EIM for their entire professional life. This can create a sense of entitlement which has lead to handful of departures for the first time since I have come aboard. This is not a bad thing, but certainly impacts morale for individuals that are newer. All in all the team is pumped about where we are heading!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward. We love what we are seeing, and know we will get there.

"Feeling positive about 2017"

I have been working at Envisionit full-time

Pros

-Talented employees
    -You are a person, not a number
    -Leadership really cares about the people that work here
    -Interesting clients
    -Supportive employee culture
    -Innovative thinking. CEO understands we need to evolve with technology if we want to stay relevant

Cons

-Leadership can get very busy, juggling a lot of priorities
    -Employees aren't always totally in tune with what leadership is doing to address challenges
    -Need to get better at taking time to celebrate successes
    -Right now we're lacking visibility into all our different roles and responsibilities at the agency. We have a lot of specialized experts and it can be confusing at times to know who is in charge of what or who needs to be involved in a project.

Advice to Management

Coming off our 2017 Agency Kickoff, I'm feeling really energized about company direction. It will be hard work, but I believe in our goals and our people so I believe we can hit them. It was great to get us all together to talk about vision and really underscore the importance of camaraderie and being a culture of respect and integrity. So, advice is, keep it up. Keep communicating vision beyond the leadership group, involving all employees in growth strategies and investing in us. We want to be known by name as one of the best agencies out there, so let's make that happen.

"Feeling the love"

I have been working at Envisionit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ Nice to see the return of positive energy around the company
    + A business direction I believe in
    + Sales seems to be doing very well
    + Smart people
    + Management that is works very hard
    + Leaders are open about the direction of the company
    + Most employees really care
    + A chance to really get to know the people you work with
    + Passionate people at all levels
    + Work quality

Cons

+ There are a few people I work with that don't pull their weight, but seem to get away with it
    + Only certain roles create strategy

Advice to Management

Personally, I understand that there are people who are experts a specific jobs at Envisionit. While I feel supported by my manager, I feel that these experts are not very open to alternative points of view.

Look for ways to improve this!

As a business please continue to share vision. I feel very recharged since the 2017 kick-off.