Find jobs for Executive Assistant

Found 2 of over 128 reviews

4.8
Enviva Chairman and  CEO John Keppler
John Keppler

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Motivating Culture and Pay for Performance

Oct 13, 2020 - Executive Assistant in Bethesda, MD
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for a company that holds so true to it's values. Keeping promises, determined to make a difference, acting with integrity, and openness/respect. Although we've been around for over a decade, you never hear people say 'this is how we've always done it', it truly feels like working for a multi million dollar startup. Always growing, always changing, but still the work life balance I've found here has been far better than the past three large global brands I've worked for in my career. Most employees have families, and are passionate about climate change, which both add to a positive work environment in my opinion. With that said, I am definitely a go-getter and appreciate our pay for performance structure. There is always more to be done and I appreciate the ability to move up in the organization. From what I've seen, we seem to promote from within often and that is encouraging.

Cons

The biomass market is a very specific industry and the HQ is based in Bethesda MD. I happen to love Bethesda and enjoy our line of work, but the only con I can see of working here would be the niche industry if it's not your cup of tea.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst company I ever worked for in 14 years

Jan 13, 2019 - Executive Assistant in Bethesda, MD
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks, drinks, gym, covered parking

Cons

Everything else is just terrible. The work is worth two+ people's jobs, which was not 100% made transparent throughout the interviews, and it appears to be the same situation in every other dept since I spoke to many other teams. You'll never work less than 9 hrs a day, with no paid OT. A lot of work is carried over into the weekend. Expected to slave to your job basically. Mgmt doesn't really care because most are drowning just as much and others just seem like they're underqualified and don't know what they're doing. Absolutely no work/life balance and the systems in place make your job even more frustrating and less productive, which is also why you're working longer hours to get things done. They say they are working towards making things better, but nothing actually happens. As a lower level employer, you need to be the one to step up and try to make changes, but there is no extra time in your day to do that. You're a complete dumping ground here.

Continue reading