KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 124 of over 128 reviews

2.8
Enviva Chairman and  CEO John Keppler
John Keppler
Pros
  • "From what I can tell pretty good benefits across the board(in 8 reviews)

• "Fast growing company, and growing industry(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unrealistic expectations make work life balance a challenge(in 22 reviews)

• "No respect from upper management(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Growth Company Getting Better

Sep 20, 2021 - IT Manager, Infrastructure and Security Operations in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People Benefits Opportunity for growth Ability to create what doesn't already exist Ability to reform what already does exist Started in May 2019... changes in leadership, Specifically IT leadership have put this company on a better path

Cons

Not suited for those who want to coast Learning who does what

2. 5.0

Great company!

Aug 12, 2021 - Accountant in Garysburg, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bright future and growing company! Really modernizing their IT systems.

Cons

Still refining their internal processes and developing their best practices.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a bad job, repetitive but it’s stable and bring home decent money for the area

Jul 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work and life balance. Decent pay

Cons

Communication among managers isn’t great

4. 5.0

Great company

Jul 6, 2021 - Utility Operator I in Lucedale, MS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family like atmosphere with good benefits

Cons

A lot of management eyes looking for someone to do the wrong thing

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best company I ever worked for

May 26, 2021 - Manager in Hamlet, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits, making a product that truly benefits the world!

Cons

Hot in the summer time.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place To Grow Your Career

Apr 22, 2021 - Middle Manager in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enviva is a fast growing company with lots of opportunity to grow within the company. It's a hard working and disciplined team. You will learn how to execute and how to get things done. Management is intense and usually data driven. They have established a great market position in a growing market and usually make good decisions that lead to growth. You will learn how to stretch yourself and sometimes to do more with less than what you need.

Cons

The above could be a pro or a con. Over the years, I've told a lot of candidates to check out the negative reviews of this place before you join. It's not for everyone. If the above pros doesn't appeal to you, don't join. You will not like it and you will burn out. For me, it was great. But it's not for everyone. You need to be internally driven with thick skin and a strong work ethic to get the most out of your time at Enviva.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great place to work!

Apr 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission-driven and dedicated colleagues, clear accountability for results. Renewable energy company working hard to solve the climate crisis.

Cons

Rapidly growing company with the standard growing pains (around process and etc.) typically associated with scaling very quickly.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great place to work

Feb 9, 2021 - Heavy Equipment Operator in Cottondale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great money and atmosphere at home

Cons

A lot of hours but deal with it

9. 5.0

Motivating Culture and Pay for Performance

Oct 13, 2020 - Executive Assistant in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for a company that holds so true to it's values. Keeping promises, determined to make a difference, acting with integrity, and openness/respect. Although we've been around for over a decade, you never hear people say 'this is how we've always done it', it truly feels like working for a multi million dollar startup. Always growing, always changing, but still the work life balance I've found here has been far better than the past three large global brands I've worked for in my career. Most employees have families, and are passionate about climate change, which both add to a positive work environment in my opinion. With that said, I am definitely a go-getter and appreciate our pay for performance structure. There is always more to be done and I appreciate the ability to move up in the organization. From what I've seen, we seem to promote from within often and that is encouraging.

Cons

The biomass market is a very specific industry and the HQ is based in Bethesda MD. I happen to love Bethesda and enjoy our line of work, but the only con I can see of working here would be the niche industry if it's not your cup of tea.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with exciting environment and outlook

Dec 31, 2019 - Director in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm writing this because after reading the reviews I do not feel that people are getting an accurate balanced overview of what it's like to work at Enviva. Great mission. Leadership that truly wants to make a difference. Nice culture - strong team atmosphere. Really enjoy my colleagues. Leadership and peers that push to make me better. Freedom to try new tactics without fear of failure. Constantly growing. Longterm growth of the company is incredible. Fun domestic and international projects. I actually enjoy coming to work each and every day. Culture that makes me want to give it my best -- pushes me to try harder and execute. My colleagues are nearly all high achievers and it's nice to be in an environment where everyone is really good at what they do. Fast paced environment. Good opportunities for training and advancement. Empathetic colleagues. Great PTO policy. Snacks and free lunch Fridays. Nice location in central Bethesda close to shops and metro and beltway (no DC traffic!). From what I can tell pretty good benefits across the board. A management team that is approachable.

Cons

Like all growing companies there are hiccups along the way. With growth comes growing pains. Could improve "back office" functions and processes. We have lots of great people but to often it takes an endless email chain for someone to make a decision. Getting approvals at times can be cumbersome. Coordination and communication between teams is often lacking but this is not unusual in a large rapidly growing company. Often we are moving so fast we forget to recognize success and achievements.

8 people found this review helpful